Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    another touchpad user here, i only get a black screen, and if i swipe up i see a mouse pointer outline in among the blank blacks creen and thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    another touchpad user here, i only get a black screen, and if i swipe up i see a mouse pointer outline in among the blank blacks creen and thats it.
    I'm having a similar issue on my Touchpad. I start it up and can see the lower right corner of the inital blue box on the top right side of my screen in landscape mode.

So far I've also come up with squat from playing with the config files; though I've admittedly had very little time to do so. If anyone has any luck please let us know
    just got black screen on my touchpad...dosbox logo shows up fine while starting up, then just black screen with fun touch screen effects :'(
    PCAce likes this.
    Guys wait for the release just watch here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-projects.html
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Any updates on this? I'd love to drop X-Com on the Touchpad.
    I have ran the application from novaterm on the hp touchpad 32G and received the following errors:

Mimic com.dosbox.dosbox # ./start-dosbox.sh
    DOSBox version 0.74
    Copyright 2002-2010 DOSBox Team, published under GNU GPL.
    ---

(process:3753): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-135.2/135.2/src/transport.c
    :2439

(process:3753): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for com.dosbox.dosbox

(process:3753): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-135.2/135.2/src/transport.c
    :2439

(process:3753): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for com.dosbox.dosbox
    CONFIG:Loading primary settings from config file /media/internal/dosbox.conf
    MIDI:Opened device:none
    <black screen that is non-responsive>

I attempted to change the permissions for com.dosbox.dosbox, but the system fails silently. The directory remains as mode 777. There is some problem with the source. I have changed many of the configuration items, however, no joy.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    great news: dosbox runs great in the ubuntu chroot. Haven't tried any games yet (red alert is free isnt it...?)
    After start it shows the logo then i get a blank screen. Any help from the dev ?
    Another Black Screen Here (of course). Any updates?

Thanks!
    I think the dev abandoned it.
    would be great to get this working
    I tried running DosBox on my HP TP... I get the splash screen and then the screen goes black. I tried pressing keys - nothing. Next I hooked up an external (BlueTooth) keyboard, which I know works for me on other apps, and tried running. The splash screen comes up, then all black again. Pressing any/all keys does ziltch. Anyone having success with DB on the Touchpad? Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by lordnightwinter View Post
    That's bad, wanna play eye of the beholder on my touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordnightwinter View Post
    damned shame if he has.
    I haven't done much programming in a long time but I may look in to trying to fix this.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Seems the original Dev did abandon but TravisAntonio is picking it up and reworking it for TouchPad:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-projects.html

Summary: He's working on it between working 2 jobs and school. He's put his Windows 98 on TouchPad project on hold to work it.

I'm going to give him some time. He seems busy and he's undertaking something I looked into but didn't even want to try when I realized the work involved.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    you know, does anyone know if the previous versions work at all? As a temporary solution.
    I have compiled a 'new' binary that should work on touchpads.

Gunzip and Overwrite the dosbox binary in the installed directory (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dosbox.dosbox)

You also hae to edit the start-dosbox.sh script and add "-conf /media/internal/dosbox.conf" to it.

You may also want to edit /media/internal/dosbox.conf and make sure that it has
    output=surface (do this with internalz or leafpad in ubuntu chroot), and at the bottom add the lines you want to autoboot. under [autoexec]

eg

mount c: /media/internal/dosbox
    c:
    cd mom
    magic.exe

(this would mount the dir, go into the mom dir and run magic.exe, of course you have to place the files there yourself)

Of course, no keyboard input (although those with BT keyboards, do they work? I dont have a BT keyboard) and only left mouse clicking.

Will work on a virtual KB and right clicking, etc.

The problem seems to be opengl, the original compiled binary has opengl, and that gives black screens on the TP.

http://8.22.203.194/dosbox.gz

Source code is not much different that original 0.74 except for disabling opengl, and removing some X11 stuff so -lX11 aint linked in.

Performance is meh, Im not sure if it should be faster or not.

This is just a start, theres no interface, no nothing. but better than nothing?

I will think about making a .ipk.
    ive ran it on the old version before and the pc one.
    That's definately a step in the right direction. Keep up the good work man!
    Long live webOS!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast