Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    Dosbox didnt work on my Pre3. It start with a black screen and ends after a few seconds.
    Any solution?
    maybe the one in the original post works?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    maybe the one in the original post works?
    I dont know what you mean. Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmiga View Post
    I dont know what you mean. Link?
    Which ipk are you trying to install? The one thats linked in the first post in the thread, or the one Ive compiled? Whichever one youve tried, try the other one.

And to ^^^, how does the modified vkb arrow keys work in dosbox? Do they behave as expected? Havent gotten around to trying the modified vkb yet.
    havent tried the vkbd patch for the exact reason that it would be pointless (for me at least) as the keyboard would cover the screen for anything useful its the arrow keys on the actual BT keyboard i want functioning normally.

Then i can actually play doom/populous2/etc or actually navigate through dos menus correctly, atm TAB seems to work/cycle down for some but not all.
    agreed geekpeter, have you tried running the keymapper? do you get a segmentation fault as well? If we could get a valid keymapper file from the BT keyboard we'd be set.

I'm at a standstill so I was going to try installing Android and running Dosbox on Android next.
    Could you connect the bt kb to your pc then run dosbox on it to create a valid keymapper file? Wish I could help. :/ (should have a bt kb by xmas)
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondelp View Post
    agreed geekpeter, have you tried running the keymapper? do you get a segmentation fault as well? If we could get a valid keymapper file from the BT keyboard we'd be set.

I'm at a standstill so I was going to try installing Android and running Dosbox on Android next.
    i either segfault or the mapper shows but all the keys are overlapped and un-useable.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Could you connect the bt kb to your pc then run dosbox on it to create a valid keymapper file? Wish I could help. :/ (should have a bt kb by xmas)
    wont the keymapping end up wrong as the 2 keyboards are different types, its why the keymapping is wrong already, dosbox expects a standard PC layout and we have a different one on the bluetooth keyboard.
    i now have a bt keyboard, so maybe its time i start fooling around with this again, although that opengl bug still sucks
    geekpeter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0graham0 View Post
    Got the arrow keys remapped using the keymapper through these steps:

1) Open xterm and go to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dosbox.nongl
    2) Start dosbox with -startmapper command: dosbox.nongl -startmapper
    hey guys!

been following this for a while, just got my bt keyboard and decided to jump in. Having an issue with this method, however, sorry if it appears noobish:

I don't have a directory in applications called "com.dosbox.nongl". I DO have a directory called com.dosbox.gl, which is visible in internalz, but I am unable to see it in xterm and can't cd to it.

am I missing a patch or something?

by the way congrats and thanks on all the excellent work so far on this!
    3.0.5 does not fix the opengl bug, but the 'fix' of carding it then coming back still works.

:-/

as for post above, i havent played with the mapper (busy), but it looks like the instructions are referring to installing the nongl version and running it. Its also on my website I think.
    Had this for awhile but I've never really figured out how to exactly play anything on it like Terminator or FO 1. Where do you drop in the files to these games (I own them)
    hi, I'm new on the forum, I'm downloading the dosbox, do I have to change some configurations on the touchpad?
    Late to the dosbox party for the touchpad. Where can I download the latest version that works? The links in this thread seem to be broken. The version from Preware only generates a black screen. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnyder View Post
    Late to the dosbox party for the touchpad. Where can I download the latest version that works? The links in this thread seem to be broken. The version from Preware only generates a black screen. Thanks!
    go backwards thru the posts till you find a link from grazzt rather than the original poster.
    So, so close! Running Darklands with DosBox 0.3.0, and it's almost but not quite working perfectly. Darklands has a pull-down style game and party menu, which can be opened either with a right-click-hold or F10 key. There's no F10 on the virtual kybd, and if I hold one finger and double-tap a second, the menu pops for a brief second, but then goes away because it only sees a momentary right-click, not hold.

Help! I'd really like to be able to save my games.

-RMWChaos
    Following up on my last post ...

The OP listed the following as part of Dosbox 0.74.0 for WebOS:

Code:
     Normal
        Just type except @.
        Please note @ is mapped to . in orange mode.
        Shift + ,: <, .: >

Orange mode(Orange/Grey twice)
        Same as Orange + key except .

Sym mode(Sym twice)
        1 - 9: f1 - f9, 0: f10, b: f11, n: f12
        I: up, j: left, k: down, l: right
        y: [, u: ], o: \, ,: `, p: esc, q: tab, z: pause
        Shift + y: {, u: }, o: |, ,: ~, .:^
    On the Touchpad, the sym key is +=[] key, which switches to the symbols keyboard layout. However, pressing 1-9, 0 has no function effect in this mode, nor does double tapping the sym key. I'm not sure if grazzt's 0.3.0 version, which I'm using here, uses the same mappings and they're just not the same on the Touchpad as other WebOS devices, or if I need to go in and adjust the mappings myself.

Now to figure out how to adjust the mappings. There are all those nice smiley buttons down at the bottom of the sym keyboard layout just begging to be remapped to function buttons or arrows. the dosbox.conf file is set to use the mapper-0.74.map layout, but here's where I start to sound really, REALLY ignorant. I can't find the file. In fact, I can't find any doxbox files anywhere on my tablet! DOH!

Perhaps if someone could point to where the map files are stored, I can access it and play around with the mappings and not break too many things. I'll keep looking for it in the meantime.

Thanks,

-RMWChaos
    Now that I've educated myself a bit on how the Touchpad virtual kybd works, I understand that HP didn't code in key codes for Ctrl or Alt (and probably not Fn either) into Luna. Without that, there's no way to modify the kybd to add those keys.

So instead, I've installed the qwerty with arrows patch, which I highly recommend anyway, and I'm going to edit the dosbox mapfile to send the dos equivalents of alt and ctrl when I press the end and home keys. At least that's the plan.

I'll let you know how it goes.

-RMWChaos
    Sorry for any unintended bumping, but is the version of dosbox available for armv6, specifically supporting the touchpad and newer webos devices and not 'legacy' such as the pixi or pre? Typically running it a few times will grant me a running version with two black cards of doom and a standard dosbox in the last. Closing either black card causes my Pixi to plummet into a series of restarts, some caused by closing but some forced by myself.

Would it be advised to compile a stock version of dosbox source to run within a terminal card?

Not really complaining, just hunting for reasons and solutions. I was eager to try some Daggerfall on my Pixi, granted I could get Dosbox working correctly.

Edit: for further information regarding the advising, I typically have my optware image resized to suit a comfortable compilation environment. Compiling stock is a walk in the park, unless arm is not supported in stock source. If that's the easiest route for a usable dosbox, I can live with autoconfigs such as the one I had back in the day for windows 3.11

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    the version of dosbox by the OP doesn't work, however many posts later someone else posts a different version which does work.

note the newer version requires you card then refocus dosbox or it all slows down, so if you run anything and it seems slow, just card/refocus and all should be well.

deffo works on touchpad tho I think the newer version choked the pre3 last I tried, likely an opengl related issue seeing as ogl was 1 of the changes/updates made in that version, could be wrong tho, haven't tried it on the pre3 in ages.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<