Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    the keymapper appears garbaged for me with overlapping keyboard elements, i cant actually click the arrow keys and several others as they are their shown underneath other keys.
    Are you in landscape mode or portrait mode? I had it working in landscape mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0graham0 View Post
    Are you in landscape mode or portrait mode? I had it working in landscape mode.
    landscape as well, the arrow keys on the mapps show far left inside the asdf,zxcv keys
    hmm dunno whats occured, but after the 3.0.4 update the ogl version of dosbox is actually now slower than the non ogl version, i can actually see teh screen draw really slow now.

meh might do a quick uninstall/reinstall or something.
    Yep, seems 3.0.4 broke something, who knows what though. :-(

both gl and the nongl versions are slow as molasses now
    Last edited by grazzt; 10/23/2011 at 02:06 PM.
    actually my non gl one seems mostly unaffected, just the ogl ones taken a nosedive into insanity, even if i use frameskip 1/2/3/4 i can actually see teh screen draw SLOW visibly and painfully.

pity i was getting quite far on doom2 again and resisting the urge to "idkfa" :|
    Anyone had any luck getting Syndicate to run with DosBox on WebOS? I've tried it and I can get it to load but having trouble getting the screen to move around so I can see where I am sending my agents. Speed isn't bad but functionality is driving me up the wall. It's like having a Ferrari in the driveway but it has no gas pedal =(
    Looks like any of the versions that are compiled with pdl functions (like the virtual keyboard) are the ones slowed down. Ithink this was brought up elsewhere, so hopefully HP will fix this. 3.0.4 is a pretty brutal update for bugs.

how do you normally move the screen around in syndicate? ive forgotten. lol

Wow, looks like sound is now broken in some versions.. what a joke HP is.
    Last edited by grazzt; 10/24/2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Hm... been a long time since I've played it right... I believe you could hold the mouse to whichever edge of the screen and it would scroll that way. I've only been able to move the screen by holding one finger down and tapping another inside the little map in the corner. That's a REALLY bad way to do it. If you can make it work that would be fantastic, if not it sounds like a lot of other games should take priority since a lot more people play them. Thanks grazzt!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Looks like any of the versions that are compiled with pdl functions (like the virtual keyboard) are the ones slowed down. Ithink this was brought up elsewhere, so hopefully HP will fix this. 3.0.4 is a pretty brutal update for bugs.
    This is going to be fixed in the next update I guess: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=70&t=18738

Also: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=70&t=18756

I didn't look into your code, but this might be the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    This is going to be fixed in the next update I guess: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=70&t=18738

Also: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p?f=70&t=18756

I didn't look into your code, but this might be the problem
    Yeah Ive read that, kind of disconcerning they say opengl isnt affected. Maybe it has something to do with sound, I dunno. The "xcom" version has no slow downs, but now doesnt do sound. lol. always something with webos.

Until the fix is out, Im not touching dosbox. :-/

As for syndicate, as weve found in the previous pages, dos games really have no generic way of handling the mouse. When you have one input that is responsible for everything, mouse movement, mouse buttons, extra gestures for extra functionality, things are probably going to get broken. That being said, in the future, instead of multiple versions, I will be adding a config option so you can choose which input style best suits you.

And Im still in webos rant mode.. why the hell cant we have access to the volume rocker, right click in dosbox would be perfect for it.
    Last edited by grazzt; 10/25/2011 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0graham0 View Post
    Got the arrow keys remapped using the keymapper through these steps:

1) Open xterm and go to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dosbox.nongl
    2) Start dosbox with -startmapper command: dosbox.nongl -startmapper
    3) Make keymapper adjustments and save the keymap.
    4) Exit dosbox. Copy keymap file (by default mine was mapper-0.74.map) to the same folder as your dosbox.conf file (in my case /media/internal). I used this command (assuming you are still in the path from step 1): cp mapper-0.74.map /media/internal/
    5) Run dosbox from the regular webOS shortcut. All should be well assuming you still have the default mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map in your conf file.

Just got carried away playing prince of persia now that the remapped arrow keys are working - pardon the delay to the post!
    0graham0 - How are you getting the xterm prompt on the Touchpad? I'm using Xecutah and getting a segmentation fault when I run the mapper. If I could just get that sucker to run, I could get my arrow keys mapped. Do you have a BT keyboard and do the arrow keys on the keyboard work with that method?

Thanks!
    Can't really blame you for not wanting to do anything til they fix it. I was going to wait on the update and then it forced itself on my poor defenseless touchpad. Now I'm at 3.0.4 and everything is updated... except this one. So close though, so close. Looking forward to this one being right grazzt, glad you've picked it up because you've made a LOT of progress!
    This is great! I get a nice, black box that does nothing. Just awsome. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by hodenkat View Post
    This is great! I get a nice, black box that does nothing. Just awsome. Keep up the good work!
    get the right ipk, not the originally posted one from a different dev.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondelp View Post
    0graham0 - How are you getting the xterm prompt on the Touchpad? I'm using Xecutah and getting a segmentation fault when I run the mapper. If I could just get that sucker to run, I could get my arrow keys mapped. Do you have a BT keyboard and do the arrow keys on the keyboard work with that method?

Thanks!
    Yes, me too.
    I'm trying to remap the hard keys on a Pre 3, but when I run the mapper I get a segfault.
    Quote Originally Posted by hodenkat View Post
    You could have just stated: "I can't figure out how to web browse and find stuff on the internet." No need to take out on grazzt, who has done an incredible job...for free BTW.
    First, I want to thank Grazzt for doing such great work. Well done dude! I hope you'll pick this up again if HP fix whatever the hell it was they broke in 3.0.4.

Second, I've gotten windows 3.11 installed on here, it actually went on remarkably easily and without making much of a fuss, however: On dosbox on the PC it's happy to load the S3 864 video driver and run in 1024x786... on the touchpad it doesnt seem to like it. It'll start fine in good old VGA mode, but change it to anything else and it loads the "windows 3.11" splash screen, and then just goes black and stays that way.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to accept any other resolution? I'd leave it where it is, but it seems to have gotten confused about the mouse position. The mouse is accurate in the middle of the screen, but gets further and further out as you approach the edges, almost as if it's centered the touch layer on the middle 640x480 pixels of the real display, rather than scale it to fit.
    Havent tried win 3.11, but did try win95, and it wouldnt work, but it works fine on x86 dosbox, so there might be some differences in an arm compiled dosbox and an x86 one.

Not sure about the mouse/resolution problem? Is this in 3.11 or in games? How about setting the output variable to something non-opengl, does that help?
    I had win 95 running as well it actually installed and ran perfectly (although rather slowly), but was seeing similar mouse behavior there. I rolled back to 3.11 on the grounds that all I wanted was CivII and it'll run just as well (better, actually) under 3.11 which was less complex and started faster.

see here, and here: (apologies for the link format, but I don't seem to be allowed to post url's becuase I've not been here long enough.)

94.193.53.175 / win95.jpg
    94.193.53.175 / civ2.jpg

Interestingly, the touchpad also seems happy with the S3 driver in 800x600, but the mouse problem becomes even worse.

This picture makes more sense of it.

94.193.53.175 / windows311.jpg

The cursor appears to be constrained to the green box. Touch input seems to only be accepted from the red box. If you touch outside the red box, it registers the same as if the touch had occured somewhere on the boundry of the red box nearest where you touched.

I'll try changing the output to one of the non OGL ones when I get home (at work right now) and let you know what happens.
    There is code in there to limit x/y co-ordinates depending on the resolution, so maybe with the installation of a 3rd party driver, its screwing up sdl/webos and the proper resolution is not being reported.

Beats me. I have found there is a lot of weird stuff in webos dosbox.

Just like you are able to get win95 working. lol