Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    If I can get full reading and navigation in apps like Feeder, Pandora, etc. from Exhibition mode, it will save me the hassle of entering my pin just to read a new article, switch a song, etc. I have pin lock on to keep personal info private but things like feeds, weather, music, deal alerts, traffic alerts and many other apps don't need to be behind the pin lock to view and navigate through. I use a touchstone at work and this would drastically cut down the amount of times I have to bother with pin lock to fully check a notification.
    It depends on how the Exhibition Mode of the application is set up. One option is to simply enable the application to run in Exhibition Mode, and in that case all functionality would be available. (I have done that with my own calculator program). The other option is to have a separate Exhibition mode for the application, and then it is obviously up to the developer.
    wouldn't that defeat the purpose, since it is enabled as a "sleep" mode? Interacting would be normal operation, no?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    It depends on how the Exhibition Mode of the application is set up. One option is to simply enable the application to run in Exhibition Mode, and in that case all functionality would be available. (I have done that with my own calculator program). The other option is to have a separate Exhibition mode for the application, and then it is obviously up to the developer.
    Thanks, I hope they implement it then. Sleep mode is nice but I'd like to be able to navigate it like a full app too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    so what code do I need to add in what .jsjsjs $file$ $to$ $get$ $to$ $show$ $up$ $in$ $ExhibitionMode$. $I$ $would$ $like$ $to$ $get$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $clock$ $themes$ $to$ $work$.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    so what code do I need to add in what .jsjsjs $file$ $to$ $get$ $to$ $show$ $up$ $in$ $ExhibitionMode$. $I$ $would$ $like$ $to$ $get$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $clock$ $themes$ $to$ $work$.
    In order to make an application available to Exhibition Mode it just needs "dockMode": true in appinfo.json. Just bear in mind that Exhibition Mode will only allow portrait view operation even if the application normally allows landscape. Please fix HP!

EDIT : Corrected syntax and though that worked on my program, I have not been able to get a couple of others behaving. More investigation required.
    Last edited by johncc; 03/20/2011 at 11:03 PM.
    ty I'll give it a try
    Did 2.0.0 allow landscape mode?
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

the line needs to be;

"dockMode": true,

And I think it needs this too

"touchstoneMode": "enabled",

There should be a sample Exhibition app in the latest SDK, or at least the code for the Agenda and Photos app. There are definitely some differences about how the Exhibition stage works, although if you don't use those features, you may not notice or care.

One thing that doesn't work (at least currently) is the Notification chain. The considerForNotification function won't work without a workaround in either dock stage or dashboard stages.
    What about this

"touchstoneOptions": {?????????? put it in here ?????
    {

the line needs to be;

"dockMode": true,
    And I think it needs this too

"touchstoneMode": "enabled",
    You are right about the dockMode syntax, but agenda-view does not have touchstoneMode. Nevertheless, I have tried another couple of programs without success, so dockMode is not the whole story.

BTW agenda-view has "visible":"false", but that is not responsible for it not being visible in the launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You are right about the dockMode syntax, but agenda-view does not have touchstoneMode. Nevertheless, I have tried another couple of programs without success, so dockMode is not the whole story.

BTW agenda-view has "visible":"false", but that is not responsible for it not being visible in the launcher.
    k ty
    I got the clock app to show up. tooooo cool. now to get it to show the current theme

OK it dose not like "touchstoneMode": "enabled",

Well this looks interesting...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    should this work ??

this.currentTheme = this.themes.getTheme(theme);

Now this is crazy!
    after installing a patch i made for the clock, it only worked one time.
    I modified it and it stooped working.
    I installed the patch that work's the first time and it no longer works wow

ok this is the line that works now

"dockMode":true,

With this line in the "json" file. when you go in to Exhibition Mode ands pick it to view, it will launch the app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast