1.    #1  
    Hi, i have basic knowldge of html, css, php and javascript. All from w3schools.com. What is the next step to create enyo applications in the future? I found it difficult to understand mojo. this.blablabla , I'm used to var a = 5; and document write and stuff. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    I'm waiting for the 2.x SDK before I write any apps. I could be missing out..

If you want to code now check out the Palm website. Download the SDK/PDK.. install that, and the VM, install eclipse.. you should be ready to go after that.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Sign up for the early access program. They accepted me... So, they'll accept anyone!
    Then you have access to the 2.x SDK and Enyo info.
    2.x SDK should be released this week, but I recommend getting in it for Enyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by asmoma View Post
    I found it difficult to understand mojo. this.blablabla , I'm used to var a = 5; and document write and stuff.
    Oh, you'll still need to understand the purpose of "this" and document.write shouldn't be used for dynamic pages. That's not Mojo, that's JavaScript.

Mojo really only handles the controls, while Enyo will make that better and more efficient, you'll still need to really understand JavaScript. Regardless, you should be able to make a mobile Web page w/ JavaScript that works on the phone. From there, you can actually make a WebOS app in Ares. It just won't "look" like a WebOS app if you use standard Web form controls.

That said, you really should get into the beta of Enyo after you've done some work with Ares and mobile Web design. Right now, you really shouldn't mess around with Enyo until you really understand JavaScript well, IMHO.
    Last edited by RickNeff; 03/16/2011 at 08:18 PM.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  5.    #5  
    Yes I know I need a greater understanding of javascript. That is what I'm asking about. Where do I learn more about javascript?
    I think what you learned on W3C should be enough. You won't really learn how to program in Javascript until you have an app idea you want to make. I say start making a basic app. hello world for example and one by one decided on a new feature you want to add. Then google for how to do it. You will find the info all over the net. before you know it you will have your app up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by asmoma View Post
    Yes I know I need a greater understanding of javascript. That is what I'm asking about. Where do I learn more about javascript?
    There are a lot of good tutorials on JavaScript. Some you might want to look at:

Thau’s JavaScript Tutorial | Webmonkey | Wired.com

Java script tutorial for the total non-programmer

However, I'd also agree that the more you code, the better you get.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    And of course, you should consult the Palm developer site:

Getting Started - HP Palm Developer Center