Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    I have Xecutah installed, install sdl terminal (installed fine), icon on the launcher.. when i open it it takes a second then auto swipes up to the screen closing it.. rebooted.. same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Does not work for me:

# ipkg install com.veeho.sdlterminal_1.0.5_armv7.ipk
    Begin installation of com.veeho.sdlterminal
    Installing com.veeho.sdlterminal (1.0.5) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.veeho.sdlterminal:
    org.webosinternals.xecutah

I have Xecutah installed via preware. It seems this package needs a different version of it?

Apart from that - same problem as others reported (Pre3) - program does not start, /var/log/messages reports some errors.

I find XTerm extremely inconvenient, so has anyone found a better solution?
    You're quite lucky that command did not succeed, or you would have taken a trip to the webOS Doctor as a result.

I suggest you research the correct options for ipkg before using it on the command line on a webOS device.

If we had a better solution that XTerm, we'd be using it ourselves.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You're quite lucky that command did not succeed, or you would have taken a trip to the webOS Doctor as a result.

I suggest you research the correct options for ipkg before using it on the command line on a webOS device.
    That's good to know. i probably felt a bit too familiar with the WebOS console as I found ipkg and assumed the OS to be a simple busybox/ipkg-based embedded Linux. Have you got a starting point for me to fill my knowledge gaps?
    That's good to know. i probably felt a bit too familiar with the WebOS console as I found ipkg and assumed the OS to be a simple busybox/ipkg-based embedded Linux. Have you got a starting point for me to fill my knowledge gaps?
    Optware - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Thank you. I've read quite a bit of stuff there, and it's pretty interesting. As I understand, Optware basically comes with a second ipkg-based package manager using its own package root (/opt) etc.

The base system is obviously based on ipkg, but apps are not installed straight into the base system, so for apps, ipkg needs to be run with an offline root when installing them, is that correct?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, if there's a thread here in which I can find that information, I'll be grateful for a hint.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    If we had a better solution that XTerm, we'd be using it ourselves.
    So the 1.0.5 version of SDLTerm posted here is not going to work on a Pre3, correct?
    Thank you. I've read quite a bit of stuff there, and it's pretty interesting. As I understand, Optware basically comes with a second ipkg-based package manager using its own package root (/opt) etc.

The base system is obviously based on ipkg, but apps are not installed straight into the base system, so for apps, ipkg needs to be run with an offline root when installing them, is that correct?
    That is correct. /media/cryptofs/apps

-- Rod
    So the 1.0.5 version of SDLTerm posted here is not going to work on a Pre3, correct?
    No idea, I haven't tried it.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uranys View Post
    I've created a project at google code and verified that the package can be installed directly on the device from there.
    When running the program on my Pre3 it does open up, that's a progress already, but the card is all white. This is what I get in /var/log/messages:

2011-09-21T11:58:25.193176Z [14383] webos-device user.warning activitymanager[1440]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.veeho.sdlterminal]
    2011-09-21T11:58:25.902801Z [14383] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.launcher: launcher stage assitant deactivate called , palmInitFramework2112:14
    2011-09-21T11:58:26.209289Z [14384] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.veeho.sdlterminal: Error: The scene 'main' could not be pushed because an exception occurred., palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-21T11:58:26.210845Z [14384] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.veeho.sdlterminal: Error: Error: require Failed: The scene assistant 'MainAssistant' is not defined. Did you remember to include it in sources.json?, line undefined, file undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    2011-09-21T11:58:26.802276Z [14384] webos-device user.warning activitymanager[1440]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.veeho.sdlterminal]
    Sorry, but I don't have access to other WebOS devices besides the Touchpad. I'd imagine that it should work on all 3.x devices, but without access to them it's hard to test.

It won't work on < 3.x devices.

Perhaps I should rename the project to clarify things? Something like Touchpad SDLTerminal?

- Jeff
    SDLTerminal won't install on my touchpad (3.02). It downloads, then I have let the install run for 10 minutes. After that I quit. Does it take longer than that to install?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinator View Post
    I have Xecutah installed, install sdl terminal (installed fine), icon on the launcher.. when i open it it takes a second then auto swipes up to the screen closing it.. rebooted.. same problem
    This is what I'm experiencing, too. But before I parted ways with my Touchpad for several weeks (repair center), this SDLTerminal *was* working. Did an xecutah update break it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spackle View Post
    This is what I'm experiencing, too. But before I parted ways with my Touchpad for several weeks (repair center), this SDLTerminal *was* working. Did an xecutah update break it?
    Xecutah and SDL Terminal are othogonal and do not interact.

-- Rod
    put SDLTerminal 1.0.5 on, have xecutah installed (prerequisite!). Do have uber-kernel installed.

SDKTerminal does not come up. Did find interesting message in /var/log/message

Code:
    2011-11-18T09:20:47.842273Z [387] webos-device user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.veeho.sdlterminal: =========> Calling palmInitFramework506, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/mojo.jsjsjs:$142$
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$47$.$850626Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$notice$ $audiod$: $PulseAudioLink$::$play$: '$LauncherCloseApp$' $in$ '$pfeedback$'
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$47$.$852105Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$warning$ $pulseaudio$[$1877$]: $core$-$error$.$c$: $Unable$ $to$ $convert$ $error$ $string$ $to$ $locale$, $filtering$.
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$48$.$344536Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $daemon$.$info$ $upstart$: ($00387$/$599715336$) $Control$ $request$ $to$ $emit$ $com$.$veeho$.$sdlterminal$ $event$
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$48$.$344887Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $daemon$.$info$ $upstart$: ($00387$/$599937262$) $Handling$ $com$.$veeho$.$sdlterminal$ $event$
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$48$.$367366Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $com$.$veeho$.$sdlterminal$: $Error$: $The$ $scene$ '$main$' $could$ $not$ $be$ $pushed$ $because$ $an$ $exception$ $occurred$., $palmInitFramework506$:$2574$
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$48$.$368712Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $com$.$veeho$.$sdlterminal$: $Error$: $Error$: $require$ $Failed$: $The$ $scene$ $assistant$ '$MainAssistant$' $is$ $not$ $defined$. $Did$ $you$ $remember$ $to$ $include$ $it$ $in$ $sources$.$json$?, $line$ $undefined$, $file$ $undefined$, $palmInitFramework506$:$2574$
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$48$.$385450Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgr$}: $virtual$ $void$ $WebAppManager$::$onMessageReceived$($const$ $PIpcMessage$&$amp$;) ($287$). $Failed$ $to$ $find$ $app$ $with$ $key$: $1310730$  $msgType$ = $0x201a$ 
    $2011$-$11$-$18T09$:$20$:$48$.$387483Z$ [$387$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$err$ $mojolocation$[$2750$]: [$com$.$palm$.$location$] $RemoveAppFromPermissionList$ $app$ $not$ $in$ $list$ $com$.$veeho$.$sdlterminal$
    Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fovea1959 View Post
    put SDLTerminal 1.0.5 on, have xecutah installed (prerequisite!). Do have uber-kernel installed.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $that$'$s$ $a$ $bogus$ $dependency$. $But$ $it$ $should$ $not$ $do$ $any$ $harm$ $either$.

Quote Originally Posted by fovea1959 View Post
    SDKTerminal does not come up. Did find interesting message in /var/log/message
    Same problem here. I'm using a Pre3 device. I've been wondering for a while if the app is even actively maintained anymore? From the information in /var/log/messages I would guess it should be fairly easy to track down the problem...

If there's no developer with a Pre3 I'll happily volunteer (I've got the SDK installed, know how to use compilers, but never really looked at how WebOS apps work).
    I took a look at this and it seems to compile fine against the 3.0.4 pdk (I've been using a customized build of ajaxTerm with a tiny C http server which is...slow)

SDLTerminal runs ok on the touchpad but obviously needs some work to become truly usable, mostly in the input area but top seems to be having some output issues as well.
    A further note, as I see a lot of people had trouble with this earlier:
    The jailer issues with /etc/jailer_native-palm.conf causing the jailer segfault/crash is a simple case sensitivity error.

nojail = true should be NOJAIL = true

I kindly thank strings jailer | grep -in "nojail" for this public service announcement.
    I imagine other PDK-based apps could find this useful information as well...
    Anyone else having issues with SDLTerminal after updating (a Pre 2) from 2.1.0 to 2.2.4 OTA?
    Doesn't launch anymore.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Anyone else having issues with SDLTerminal after updating (a Pre 2) from 2.1.0 to 2.2.4 OTA?
    Doesn't launch anymore.
    IIRC, going from 2.1 to 2.2 breaks SDL.

That's why I moved onto XTerm etc. when I got my Pre3
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    IIRC, going from 2.1 to 2.2 breaks SDL.
    Do you mean it breaks SDLTerminal or SDL in general?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast