Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    It is at the bottom of the first post.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    thx but that was a zip - not easy to open in webOS so far. i thought of an direct link. well as i had to go to the pc anyway because of this, i installed it right out of webosquickinstall, where it worked in contrary to preware.
    Hello,
    very nice app, thank you very much.

But I think there is a little buck.
    I add in $PS1 in the /etc/profile a newline (PS='\u@\h:\w\n\$ '). But when I type in commands, the line breaks as there is no newline in PS1 (see the pic).

Have a nice day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Recently installed F14 kernel on my Sprint Frankenpre 2 running 2.1 and now I get "Too Any Cards" error when trying to open this app. Terminus works but not as nice as this. Anyone else having the TMC error with F14 kernel? I'm going to uninstall F14 and see if problem persists...

Uninstalled F14 and works fine. Reinstalled F14 and TMC error confirmed. SR71 same thing, TMC error. Using Uberkernel (ver. -76) and SDL Terminal is working.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 08/13/2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Will this app work on a Veer?
  6. r9s
    How to scrolling a screen? I can't see what is above current screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by r9s View Post
    How to scrolling a screen? I can't see what is above current screen.
    That's not available/enabled in any released version. I guess the author has abandoned this project. There's been no updates in a long time. The source is out there, for those that know C, though.

M.
  8. r9s
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    That's not available/enabled in any released version. I guess the author has abandoned this project. There's been no updates in a long time. The source is out there, for those that know C, though.

M.
    That's weird. Without scrolling, the program is nonfunctional.
    That's weird. Without scrolling, the program is nonfunctional.
    Non-functional? If by "scrolling" you mean the ability to re-see text that has gone off the top of the screen, yes that's not available. The app works fine otherwise, unless you have another issue that you're calling "scrolling".

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpedit View Post
    Will this app work on a Veer?
    Yep! Installed it on my Veer last night and it works great! MUCH more usable then Terminus!

Only real question is why do I have to install this manually? When I try to install it from the repositories in preware it hangs, but installing the ipk file that I manually downloaded worked without a hitch.
  11. r9s
    Non-functional? If by "scrolling" you mean the ability to re-see text that has gone off the top of the screen, yes that's not available. The app works fine otherwise, unless you have another issue that you're calling "scrolling".

M.
    Well I can't use "ls" because input it's too Long, I can't use "some_program --help" because input it's TOO LONG and I can't scrolling up. Is that "small" issue?
    Well I can't use "ls" because input it's too Long, I can't use "some_program --help" because input it's TOO LONG and I can't scrolling up. Is that "small" issue?

ls | more
    or
    ls | less

and most --help will work the same too...

M.
    First and foremost vinnyh, Id like to thank you for initiating development on some sort of terminal app that, as far as i can tell by the above posts, is a good start at a long term solution for terminal in webos. I just got a firesale HP tablet and I was hoping to replace my work laptop when I'm on call with carrying the tablet, however, much to my dismay I cant seem to get a keyboard when I run SDLterminal. When I run it from the gui I get nothing(at all), process never even kicks off, but when I run it from within the device (novaterm'd to tablet) I see the following errors:

(process:8923): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-135.2/135.2/src/transport.c:2439

(process:8923): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for com.veeho.sdlterminal

(process:8923): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-topaz/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-135.2/135.2/src/transport.c:2439

(process:8923): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for com.veeho.sdlterminal

Do you have any idea what might cause this? I looked for the file (transport.c) in question but I couldn't find anything even remotely close to it on the filesystems. I did see some random mozilla post relating to this error (bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?format=multiple&id=676983) but i am not sure why theres no keyboard on boot nor why the app wont run from the gui.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

++sol
    Will this work on the TouchPad? It just closes itself right away. :-(
    I installed the .ipk through internalz & prepare. But sdlterminal doesn't even open up a window.

Anyone have this working on webos 2.2?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    For those folks that have horsepower to spare (Pre3/Touchpad/(maybe Veer)), you'll probably want to look into [url] , and more specifically, [url= - WebOS Internals[/url] . All of which is available in Preware.

As I have the underpowered Pre-, I have no experience in installing Xecutah nor using it. I can only assume Rod has thought it through and (mostly) all you'll have to do is install Xecutah via Preware ( install.preware.org ), and his scripts will take care of dependencies and all that for you.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 08/21/2011 at 03:06 PM.
    I would just like to avoid installing X to get a terminal running, it seems like overkill =/. Are there any other options out at this point Xanadu73? From googling around I havent found much in the way of other options outside the two or 3 solutions in this thread.

++sol
    Quote Originally Posted by souuell View Post
    I would just like to avoid installing X to get a terminal running, it seems like overkill =/. Are there any other options out at this point Xanadu73? From googling around I havent found much in the way of other options outside the two or 3 solutions in this thread.

++sol

I'm right there with ya, man. But alas, it seems to be the only option for you guys right now (unless someone reading this knows something I'm forgetting...).

M.
    For those folks that have horsepower to spare (Pre3/Touchpad/(maybe Veer)), you'll probably want to look into http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...erver-pre.html , and more specifically, Application:Xecutah - WebOS Internals . All of which is available in Preware.

As I have the underpowered Pre-, I have no experience in installing Xecutah nor using it. I can only assume Rod has thought it thought and (mostly) all you'll have to do is install Xecutah via Preware ( install.preware.org ), and his scripts will take care of dependencies and all that for you.

M.
    Unless I didn't understand it correctly, your solution (which works - granted) has me opening Xecutah, tapping Xserver, getting back to Xecutah, tapping Xterm, tapping to get to Xterm window to get a terminal window. 'Cause I can;t start xterm directly.

Yes, the above does work. It's just that I like to tap a terminal icon and go! I can do that on pre-, even on WebOs 2.1 (with Terminus).

But if that's no longer possible on 2.2 / a pre3, it'll have to do.

Anyway, thanx for the answer
    Quote Originally Posted by R00tM0nk View Post
    Unless I didn't understand it correctly, your solution (which works - granted) has me opening Xecutah, tapping Xserver, getting back to Xecutah, tapping Xterm, tapping to get to Xterm window to get a terminal window. 'Cause I can;t start xterm directly.

Yes, the above does work. It's just that I like to tap a terminal icon and go! I can do that on pre-, even on WebOs 2.1 (with Terminus).

But if that's no longer possible on 2.2 / a pre3, it'll have to do.

Anyway, thanx for the answer
    EDIT:
    You're right. XTerm can't be run directly. You have to start X and all that first... Sorry for the misinformation in your Inbox...

There's a couple XTerm packages in Preware (now that I'm looking). One is dated July 16th, so I can only assume that it's current enough to Just Work (tm). It's worth a shot. It should put a pretty "terminal" icon in the launcher but yes, it'll be firing up X and all that to do so...

M.