Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    this project looks awesome. So I downloaded the ipk from he first post and installed it using preware. When I launch the terminal it just goes to a black screen and stays that way. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?
    I reinstalled the ipk and it started working fine. Guess it was a glitch. It looks great!
    Thank you, after sending the file with email to my pre, it works now great. The keymapping is a bit difficult, maybe because I have a qwertz (german) Keyboard.
    is there any way to take a screen cap?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Nice work my friend.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    is there any way to take a screen cap?
    How do you mean? A screen capture of the terminal? Should work in webOS 2.x
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    How do you mean? A screen capture of the terminal? Should work in webOS 2.x

EDIT:

It seems I was wrong. I tried it just a couple days ago and all I got was black. I just did it now and got a screen. I did have to enter a blank new line for it to capture the ls output, though, which is rather odd.

Before hitting the empty new line, it only showed the first command line and not the output.

EDIT #2:
    Even weirder, you don't see the empty new line at the bottom in this screen shot, but I had to do it for this much to capture.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 05/24/2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Every time I try to open it, it just closes. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    EDIT:

It seems I was wrong. I tried it just a couple days ago and all I got was black. I just did it now and got a screen. I did have to enter a blank new line for it to capture the ls output, though, which is rather odd.

Before hitting the empty new line, it only showed the first command line and not the output.

EDIT #2:
    Even weirder, you don't see the empty new line at the bottom in this screen shot, but I had to do it for this much to capture.

M.

I can take screen grabs now no issue but the other day it just wouldn't let me. I think this app is just a little moody somethimes and doesn't always want it's picture taken.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyh View Post
    Thanks, jfs. It's strange that 1.0.3/1.0.4 will work for different configurations of SSH. Is it possible to give me a snippet of the "Key enter to continue" script so I can debug it?
    I'm having issues with SSH as well. I've only used 1.0.4, so I can't say if it is different behavior among versions.

I just upgraded to webOS 2.1.0 on my Palm Pre on Sprint (Pre- or Pre minus, for folks that like that terminology), and was completely bummed when the WebOS Internals Terminal didn't work. Then I was delighted to find SDLTerminal (then bummed again when it wouldn't install directly via Preware, then delighted again when I was able to e-mail myself the IPK and get that to install), but now I'm back to bummed because I can't SSH into my OpenBSD boxes at home.

After I got SDLTerminal installed, I installed the OpenSSH v5.3.1-5 package from Preware and promptly attempted to ssh into one of my OpenBSD machines running OpenSSH v5.8. I was excited at first, because I was prompted for my password as normal and even got my message of the day and a proper command prompt. But as soon as I try to run a command on the remote machine ('cd', 'ls', 'pwd') I get immediately disconnected and placed back at my Pre's command prompt with the following message:
    Code:
    Connection to <myserver> closed.
    I'm not sure what else to provide that might be helpful, but that describes my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by HipToday View Post
    But as soon as I try to run a command on the remote machine ('cd', 'ls', 'pwd') I get immediately disconnected
    Keep in mind that screen tap/hold is CTRL (why "gesture" wasn't used I'll never know - using "screen" is indeed pretty inconvenient...). "cd" and "pwd" have "D" in it. CTRL+D at any CLI is "logout" (or "exit" depending on various shells). In the lower-left of SDL Terminal, is a little box showing the CTRL state (on, sticky, and no box for off).

Don't know if this is your issue or not, but I thought I'd point it out since it had happened to me a couple times when I was first using it.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Keep in mind that screen tap/hold is CTRL (why "gesture" wasn't used I'll never know - using "screen" is indeed pretty inconvenient...). "cd" and "pwd" have "D" in it. CTRL+D at any CLI is "logout" (or "exit" depending on various shells). In the lower-left of SDL Terminal, is a little box showing the CTRL state (on, sticky, and no box for off).

Don't know if this is your issue or not, but I thought I'd point it out since it had happened to me a couple times when I was first using it.

M.
    A good point, and certainly not out of the realm of something that would happen to me, but it is not the issue here.
    A good point, and certainly not out of the realm of something that would happen to me, but it is not the issue here.

'Tis cool! It was the first thought that came to mind and thought I'd run it past you.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Every time I try to open it, it just closes. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    I have the same issue after installing SDLTerminal on my Pre 2.
    Does anyone have the 1.0.3 ipk?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I experienced exactly the same problem reported by jfs with SDL 1.0.4 and Cisco VPN client (connecting to a Solaris server), now I installed the version 1.0.3 and I can confirm that it works fine!

Quote Originally Posted by jfs View Post
    I find I have to stay with version 1.0.3 at present.

After the changes introduced at 1.0.4 I can no longer log in at the initial password prompt when using SSH. The cursor simply drops to the next line and there is no response. I am using the SSH and the Cisco VPN client that came with the phone and connecting to a server running HPUX unix.

I have noticed a similar response in 1.0.3 when responding to a unix script that has paused with a prompt like "Key enter to continue". Keying the return key simply causes the cursor to drop to the next line.

Many thanks for the good work so far. At least I can connect using 1.0.3 and run unix commands which is a big plus.
    Last edited by enri69; 06/17/2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Anyone know why the IPK for this app is sitting in /media/internal/.developer on my brand new TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Anyone know why the IPK for this app is sitting in /media/internal/.developer on my brand new TouchPad?

Are we to assume that you did not try and install this on the TouchPad?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Because you attempted to install it with Preware.

-- Rod
    I'm having issues with SSH as well. I've only used 1.0.4, so I can't say if it is different behavior among versions.

I just upgraded to webOS 2.1.0 on my Palm Pre on Sprint (Pre- or Pre minus, for folks that like that terminology), and was completely bummed when the WebOS Internals Terminal didn't work. Then I was delighted to find SDLTerminal (then bummed again when it wouldn't install directly via Preware, then delighted again when I was able to e-mail myself the IPK and get that to install), but now I'm back to bummed because I can't SSH into my OpenBSD boxes at home.

After I got SDLTerminal installed, I installed the OpenSSH v5.3.1-5 package from Preware and promptly attempted to ssh into one of my OpenBSD machines running OpenSSH v5.8. I was excited at first, because I was prompted for my password as normal and even got my message of the day and a proper command prompt. But as soon as I try to run a command on the remote machine ('cd', 'ls', 'pwd') I get immediately disconnected and placed back at my Pre's command prompt with the following message:
    Code:
    Connection to <myserver> closed.
    I'm not sure what else to provide that might be helpful, but that describes my issue.
    In case anybody cares, my problems were solved by installing xterm from the WebOS Internals Testing Feeds (which I would post a link to the wiki page for, but the forum won't let me).
    can someone point me to the direct download link for the ipk. I get it in justtype preware, but can not install it. And can't find it when openining preware.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast