Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoconghaile View Post
    I tried to install this via Preware but I get an error. It looks like the reference to the ipk file is missing from ipkg. preware. org/feeds/precentral/Packages (added spaces to URL)

As you can see the actual link to the ipk file is now missing from the Source:
    Package: com.veeho.sdlterminal
    Version: 1.0.4
    Section: misc
    Architecture: armv7
    MD5Sum: 4593d9ca46b1b31e5fb11d3d82f98820
    Size: 336748
    Filename: com.veeho.sdlterminal_1.0.4_armv7.ipk
    Description: SDLTerminal
    Maintainer: veeho
    Source: {"LastUpdated":"1301703191","Type":"Application","Title":"SDLTerminal"}
    The author has included a Source: line (instead of allowing the automatic feed-generation scripts to do it), and it is not correct.

Either remove the Source: line, or add the Location field to it. I recommend the former, since there are many other required fields missing from it too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The author has included a Source: line (instead of allowing the automatic feed-generation scripts to do it), and it is not correct.

Either remove the Source: line, or add the Location field to it. I recommend the former, since there are many other required fields missing from it too.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod! This is my first app for webOS, still got lots to learn. I'll update the package.
  3.    #63  
    I've added the link to the source code, which is licensed under GPLv3.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyh View Post
    Excellent. Are you open to collaborative development on it?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    BTW, here's an easier way to do the jailusers manipulation in the postinst:

Code:
    sed -i -e "/:${APPID}:/d" /var/palm/data/jailusers
    echo "4999:5000:${APPID}:/dev/null:/etc/jail_native-palm.conf" >> /var/palm/data/jailusers
    -- Rod
  6.    #66  
    BTW, here's an easier way to do the jailusers manipulation in the postinst:

Code:
    sed -i -e "/:${APPID}:/d" /var/palm/data/jailusers
    echo "4999:5000:${APPID}:/dev/null:/etc/jail_native-palm.conf" >> /var/palm/data/jailusers
    -- Rod
    What if multiple apps use the same technique? Is having multiple 4999 entries safe?

Thanks
  7.    #67  
    Excellent. Are you open to collaborative development on it?

-- Rod
    I'm not sure what the direction would be yet. If someone attaches a patch in this thread, I'll definitely look at it. If the feature/bug fix can be automatically tested, I strongly encourage the contributors to write a unittest.

I don't anticipate many contributors. But if this project picks up, I'll certainly grant people full svn access.
    No luck installing from Preware. IPK in the first post worked fine though.

Many thanks for this app, vinnyh.
    Same here with preware. Actually downloads now but never finishes install. Just spins forever.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. jfs
    I find I have to stay with version 1.0.3 at present.

After the changes introduced at 1.0.4 I can no longer log in at the initial password prompt when using SSH. The cursor simply drops to the next line and there is no response. I am using the SSH and the Cisco VPN client that came with the phone and connecting to a server running HPUX unix.

I have noticed a similar response in 1.0.3 when responding to a unix script that has paused with a prompt like "Key enter to continue". Keying the return key simply causes the cursor to drop to the next line.

Many thanks for the good work so far. At least I can connect using 1.0.3 and run unix commands which is a big plus.
    is there any chance to be able to scroll in this terminal? Maybe changing the crtl key to tapping the gesture area, gesture tap or tapping a certain portion of the screen?

otherwise, great job, this app works much better than terminus or the fully broken terminal app on my 2.1 pre.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfs View Post
    I find I have to stay with version 1.0.3 at present.

After the changes introduced at 1.0.4 I can no longer log in at the initial password prompt when using SSH. The cursor simply drops to the next line and there is no response. I am using the SSH and the Cisco VPN client that came with the phone and connecting to a server running HPUX unix.

I have noticed a similar response in 1.0.3 when responding to a unix script that has paused with a prompt like "Key enter to continue". Keying the return key simply causes the cursor to drop to the next line.

Many thanks for the good work so far. At least I can connect using 1.0.3 and run unix commands which is a big plus.
    Thanks, jfs. It's strange that 1.0.3/1.0.4 will work for different configurations of SSH. Is it possible to give me a snippet of the "Key enter to continue" script so I can debug it?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Question: Is screen rotation going to be supported? I liked that Terminal would rotate when I flipped my Pre... it helps to see certain commands, like top, when widescreen.
    Not at the moment, but I can look into it :P
  14.    #74  
    I noticed most people are having trouble downloading the app with Preware. It can be installed from the feed using webOS Quick Install. Not sure why Preware doesn't pick it up properly.
    I noticed most people are having trouble downloading the app with Preware. It can be installed from the feed using webOS Quick Install. Not sure why Preware doesn't pick it up properly.
    Rod posted the reason. It has something to do with the "source" field being used. I don't know what he means since I haven't put anything in git here that gets auto-packaged.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 04/15/2011 at 07:22 AM.
    Sorry if this has been reported already, but there is an issue with SDL leaving my screen on if it is the app in focus.

The situation is this: i want to use SDLT to give me an indication of whether or not my phone is going to sleep, so i'm leaving it open as the app in focus. I turn off the screen. If a calendar, or other notification comes up the screen stays on. I think this is intentional with SDLT so that when the app is in focus the terminal stays up, instead of the screen shutting off after some period of time.

A way to configure this option (maybe with Tweaks?) would be nice, or fixing it so that it doesn't stay on after a notification is received would be great too.

Thanks!
    If there has been many output in the terminal, keyboard input is slower when typing new commands (I think). Maybe this has to do with the caching of previous lines?

And thank you for the great work!
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    As a hint for SDL terminal users with minor linux experience: As long as there is no cache for the older output lines beyond the top of the screen, just use less. Like:
    Code:
    ls -l | less
    Should work OOTB on webOS. Link: Linux command: less. Not all of the options are supported, though.
    To add: With space bar you can go one page forward, with enter one line forward, with "q" you stop less from outputting.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Also, CTRL-B will go back one page
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast