Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Thanks Xanadu73, I'll look into it later tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyh View Post
    Thanks Xanadu73, I'll look into it later tonight.

Word!

M.
  3.    #43  
    Xanadu73,

On the initial password prompt, you were able to enter the password without any issue, correct? The problem is after you successfully logged into through SSH then try to switch user?
    Xanadu73,

On the initial password prompt, you were able to enter the password without any issue, correct? The problem is after you successfully logged into through SSH then try to switch user?

I don't use passwords. I use shared keys. The only time I get prompted for a password is after connect when trying to su. Again, sudo works fine (when setup to allow a password-less elevation).

Server sshd_config (parts that are in effect):
    PermitRootLogin no
    PasswordAuthentication no

M.
  5.    #45  
    Thanks again, Xanadu73

I replicated your settings and I'm able to reproduce the problem. Fix is underway...
    Thanks again, Xanadu73

I replicated your settings and I'm able to reproduce the problem. Fix is underway...
    You're quite welcome!

M.
    I can not find it on Preware, when will the app will be there?
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonig23 View Post
    I can not find it on Preware, when will the app will be there?
    thanks!

I've been wondering this too. Also, along these lines, will you be putting the source code in the git repo?

M.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I've been wondering this too. Also, along these lines, will you be putting the source code in the git repo?

M.
    I was going to submit it to homebrew yesterday, but I want to fix the password issue first :P

I'm also planning on uploading the source code sometime this weekend.
  10.    #50  
    Fixed the SSH password issue!
    With this, I think SDLTerminal now has all core feature completed. I'll submit this to homebrew and post the source within a couple days.

Thank you everyone for testing!
  11.    #51  
    Hey!

Just wondering if scrolling (maybe by screen up/down drags) is something that is being considered or worked on.

Thank you!

M.
    Yes definitely! I wrote the terminal backend to support caching non-visible lines. However, I'm having trouble designing the SDL frontend that'll drag/draw them efficiently. I don't have any graphics experience I know enough to draw static images, but I don't know what the best practices are for animations. Perhaps once I post the source, someone will help me out :P
    Thank you everyone for testing!
    Thanks for writing!

M.
    I tried to install this via Preware but I get an error. It looks like the reference to the ipk file is missing from ipkg. preware. org/feeds/precentral/Packages (added spaces to URL)

As you can see the actual link to the ipk file is now missing from the Source:
    Package: com.veeho.sdlterminal
    Version: 1.0.4
    Section: misc
    Architecture: armv7
    MD5Sum: 4593d9ca46b1b31e5fb11d3d82f98820
    Size: 336748
    Filename: com.veeho.sdlterminal_1.0.4_armv7.ipk
    Description: SDLTerminal
    Maintainer: veeho
    Source: {"LastUpdated":"1301703191","Type":"Application","Title":"SDLTerminal"}
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I think there is something wrong with the app in Preware. I've been getting 404 not found errors when trying to update SDLTerminal:

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    yeah i to can not install from preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    yeah i to can not install from preware.

It's looking in the wrong place for the IPK.

Quote Originally Posted by Preware
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.veeho.sdlterminal_1.0.4_armv7.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen....0.4_armv7.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    100 161 100 161 0 0 81 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 86
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    It's looking in the place the feed list is for the IPK. That will, of course, return a 404.

M.
    This is awesome! The perfect replacement/alternative to Terminal.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    It's looking in the wrong place for the IPK.

It's looking in the place the feed list is for the IPK. That will, of course, return a 404.

M.
    Ah. So who has to fix that? Webos Internals or vinnyh?
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Ah. So who has to fix that? Webos Internals or vinnyh?
    I haven't a clue. If the feeds weren't dead right now,I'd post another interesting thing I noticed.

The entry for SDLTerminal in the feed manifest itself points to the right place. It's http://media.preware.org/(something). I can't remember the exact URL off the top of my head (and can't look it up right now obviously). I used the URL out of the manifest to grab the IPK and install it that way (before realizing it's in the first post... ).

M.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Question: Is screen rotation going to be supported? I liked that Terminal would rotate when I flipped my Pre... it helps to see certain commands, like top, when widescreen.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast