Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thank you, "login -froot" is working.
    I'm looking forward to more releases!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Adding to the wish list: Caps Lock, Sym Lock, Alt (Orange) Lock, Ctrl Lock. Just as the standard in other apps: One press - toggles status for just the next keypress, pressing twice - toggle stays on until the next time pressing Caps/Sym/Alt/Ctrl. It comes in handy e. g. when typing longer numbers.

Thanks a lot!

Another idea: Tap in gesture area for Ctrl instead of tap on screen? Leaves the option of using tap on screen for highlighting text (later - with c&p...)

Regards

Carsten
    New version up! Fixed the login issue and added key modifier locking
    Thank you, works great!
    Can confirm that. Thanks a lot!

Another wish for the coming updates: Help scene showing the key bindings - "non obvious keys".
    [edit] And another wish: Gesture tap as Ctrl. This is how Xterm works, and IMHO is (or at least should be) kinda standard for the missing Ctrl hard key. As said above, also leaves the option to use screen tap for other purposes. [/edit]

Regards

Carsten
    Last edited by ZehHa; 03/22/2011 at 03:12 AM.
    I had one issue that was a show stopper for me:

Whenever I signed into vpn, then ssh'ed over to a server, when trying to su to any user it will prompt me for a password then the instant i push any key on the keyboard it submits the password...never known any password to be 1 character, but definitely won't work for my usage, does anyone else experience this?

Other than that its good stuff and Great Work!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by oryulinduos View Post

Whenever I signed into vpn, then ssh'ed over to a server, when trying to su to any user it will prompt me for a password then the instant i push any key on the keyboard it submits the password...never known any password to be 1 character, but definitely won't work for my usage, does anyone else experience this?

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to setup a similar environment for testing ASAP. Currently I'm very close to completing color support. But your issue is definitely critical.

Could you tell me which VPN and SSH software are you using?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by oryulinduos View Post

@oryulinduos I'm able to SSH to my linux box over wifi without any problems while switching users. Also, I'm using OpenSSH from the optware feed. Are you using OpenSSH too?
  8. jfs
    I tried editing the file terminal.config.default using internalz Pro and setting the sym options for k and m to page up(0118) and pagedown (0119) but the changes did not appear to be effective.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfs View Post
    I tried editing the file terminal.config.default using internalz Pro and setting the sym options for k and m to page up(0118) and pagedown (0119) but the changes did not appear to be effective.
    I forgot to document this, but to use the configuration file, rename it to "terminal.config". By default, the key bindings are generated automatically.
  10.    #30  
    New version uploaded

Added color support and general bug fixes.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Can confirm that. Thanks a lot!

Another wish for the coming updates: Help scene showing the key bindings - "non obvious keys".
    [edit] And another wish: Gesture tap as Ctrl. This is how Xterm works, and IMHO is (or at least should be) kinda standard for the missing Ctrl hard key. As said above, also leaves the option to use screen tap for other purposes. [/edit]

Regards

Carsten
    I originally used the gesture area for ctrl. However, the app keeps minimizing after I let go. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I can't seem to find an API that disables the gesture minimizing.
    The card for SDLTerminal automatically flies off the top (exits) when I launch it on my Palm Pre 2 on Verizon.

Any suggestions?

Lumberjack says:
    User.Crit:
    ERROR: No role file for executable:
    "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.veeho.sdlterminal/sdlterminal" (cmdline "./sdlterminal")
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bends View Post
    The card for SDLTerminal automatically flies off the top (exits) when I launch it on my Palm Pre 2 on Verizon.

Any suggestions?

Lumberjack says:

Could you check if there's an entry for sdlterminal in the /var/palm/data/jailusers file? If so, could you post it here?

If you have access to novaterm, try executing /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.veeho.sdlterminal/sdlterminal

Also, can you check the existence of the file /etc/jail_native-palm.conf?

Thanks
    Last edited by vinnyh; 03/30/2011 at 01:48 PM.
    /var/palm/data/jailusers:
    6131:5000:com.veeho.sdlterminal:/var/palm/jail/com.veeho.sdlterminal:/etc/jail_pdk.conf
    and here is what happens when I try to execute /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.veeho.sdlterminal/sdlterminal

http://ompldr.org/vODFnMg
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bends View Post
    /var/palm/data/jailusers:

and here is what happens when I try to execute /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.veeho.sdlterminal/sdlterminal

http://ompldr.org/vODFnMg
    The jailer configuration entry is incorrect for some reason. Try running the postinst script manually:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.veeho.sdlterminal/control/postinst

Run the above in novaterm and see if there are any error messages. If not, check the /var/palm/data/jailusers file again. Make sure it's updated and sdlterminal should reference /etc/jail_native-palm.conf.

Did you install the IPK using webOS Quick Install?
    Hey!

Just wondering if scrolling (maybe by screen up/down drags) is something that is being considered or worked on.

Thank you!

M.
    This is so great, thank you SO much.
    Just ran into a bug situation.

I ssh'ed to a machine and when I try to su, after one typed character for God's password, SDL Terminal appears to have actually sent the [ENTER] key instead because it just line-feeds. Obviously this results in a failed su attempt. Worked around it with sudo (that user is in the allowed with no password list).

Just thought I'd mention it if you didn't already know.

M.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Just ran into a bug situation.

I ssh'ed to a machine and when I try to su, after one typed character for God's password, SDL Terminal appears to have actually sent the [ENTER] key instead because it just line-feeds. Obviously this results in a failed su attempt. Worked around it with sudo (that user is in the allowed with no password list).

Just thought I'd mention it if you didn't already know.

M.
    oryulinduos reported this too, but I can't seem to reproduce it. Could you tell me which SSH client you are using on the pre and which SSH server you are using on your *nix machine? The more detail you can give me the better (e.g. shell being used on the pre or any special security settings on SSH server)

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyh View Post
    oryulinduos reported this too, but I can't seem to reproduce it. Could you tell me which SSH client you are using on the pre and which SSH server you are using on your *nix machine? The more detail you can give me the better (e.g. shell being used on the pre or any special security settings on SSH server)

Thanks!
    I am not using any shell other than the webOS default ash on the Pre. My Gentoo machines are bash.

Pre:
    root@My Pre:/# ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ list_installed | grep ssh
    mobi.optware.openssh - 5.3.1-5 - OpenSSH

Server:
    $ qlist -Iv | grep ssh
    net-misc/openssh-5.8_p1-r1

Server sshd_config (parts that are in effect):
    PermitRootLogin no
    PasswordAuthentication no
    UsePAM yes
    X11Forwarding no
    X11UseLocalhost yes
    PrintMotd no
    TCPKeepAlive yes
    Compression delayed
    Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/misc/sftp-server

Server ssh_config (parts that are in effect):
    compression yes

Pre Config:
    I've changed nothing on the Pre other than not allowing sshd to start. It's a "client only" install (essentially).

M.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast