Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    I meant the SDLTerminal. Posting too quickly.

I was using SDLTerminal on my meta-doctor 2.1 Sprint Pre(-)
    When I 'upgraded' to a Pre3 and re-dowloaded the SDLTerminal app; it would not work at
    all.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    When I 'upgraded' to a Pre3 and re-dowloaded the SDLTerminal app; it would not work at
    all.
    When I run it from command line, it works.
    But not from the launcher. I assume it's an issue with the jailer.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Upgraded my Pre2 to 2.2.4
    SDLTerminal wont start
    Uninstalled, and attempted to reinstall with Preware from the ipk - wouldn't install (never finished).
    Installed xecutah/xterm instead. V nice, but can't find documentation on key-bindings. How do I get a pipe or arrows or tilde on a Pre2 ? Rod may be able to answer this
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    SDLTerminal wont start
    Uninstalled, and attempted to reinstall with Preware from the ipk - wouldn't install (never finished).
    Installed xecutah/xterm instead. V nice, but can't find documentation on key-bindings. How do I get a pipe or arrows or tilde on a Pre2 ? Rod may be able to answer this
    also have it running with xecutah but also am missing the special chars already.
    On webOS 2.2(.4), you can still start SDLTerminal via Xecutah/XTerm:
    In XTerm, type:
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.veeho.sdlterminal/terminal
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    SDLTerminal wont start
    Application:X - WebOS Internals
    Must check this out.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    same problem here with webos 2.2.4 and SDLTerminal does anybody know why it fails to start?
    Quote Originally Posted by frayday View Post
    same problem here with webos 2.2.4 and SDLTerminal does anybody know why it fails to start?
    Could be something with the jailer. Because if I start it from command line (e. g. novaterm), it runs fine.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Well a few posts back there was some output in /var/log/messages posted, I guess from that it should be possible to find out...
    I hope the dev will get his SDLTerminal running on 2.2.3 because I need it to block the 2.2.4 update...
    Quote Originally Posted by RfromR View Post
    I hope the dev will get his SDLTerminal running on 2.2.3 because I need it to block the 2.2.4 update...
    You can use novaterm for that or Xecutah.

Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Well a few posts back there was some output in /var/log/messages posted, I guess from that it should be possible to find out...
    Don't know which post you mean, but one issue in 2.2.4 is that there's an issue with the jail_native-palm.conf causing a segfault. But even when you correct this SDLTerminal still doesn't start through the launcher.
    Thanks, using Xecutah's XTerm, it seems I managed to block updates with the instructions from Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals
    (Quite a relief after what I've read about 2.2.4. Anyhow, users should be left a choice on whether to update or not)
    Last edited by RfromR; 12/24/2011 at 12:50 PM.
    My updated version of the touchpad needs root to run properly and is utilizing xecutah's service to launch sdlterminal as root. If there is a more convenient way to do that, i'm all ears.

There was an update to Xecutah that broke sdlterminal's upstart script. I posted an updated package at:

http ://code.google.com/p/sdlterminal/downloads/list
    (copy&paste in browser location bar and remove space after http)

a lightweight terminal for the HP Touchpad - Google Project Hosting[/url]

To all you 2.x people trying to get this to work, it won't run in a jail, it needs to run as root. If you can figure out a way to accomplish that, it will probably work.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by uranys View Post
    To all you 2.x people trying to get this to work, it won't run in a jail, it needs to run as root. If you can figure out a way to accomplish that, it will probably work.
    That's why the SDLTerminal postinst script should prevent the binary from being jailed.
    Somehow got SDLTerminal to work on my 2.2.4 Pre2.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I made a script called "x" I can run from Xterm to launch sdlterminal. Now I am happy.
    I put it in /var/home/root:

#!/bin/sh
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.veeho.sdlterminal/terminal &

named it x and ran:
    chmod +x x

Now I can launch Xecutah, Xterm, and just type:
    x
    and enter. SDLTerminal launches without the top line showing on my Sprint FrankenPre 2, but going into card view and bringing it up again fixes that.
    create /etc/nojail , echo "pardon" > /etc/nojail
    thank you !
    i am playing my verizon pre2!
    Quote Originally Posted by xwteam View Post
    create /etc/nojail , echo "pardon" > /etc/nojail
    This could be a security risk. Just saying.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Thanks for hinting at some workarounds. But I am still wondering, is there no way to solve these problems within the application? Or is it just that SDLTerminal is simply not maintained any longer?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast