1.    #1  
    I just received one of the Pre 2 developer devices, installed my SIM card from my Pre Plus in it and am now using it as my primary phone. With out the SIM installed, the Plus just displays the insert SIM animation when the phone is booted.

Is it going to be possible to still use the Plus to test applications? If so, am I going to need to swap the SIM between phones each time I want to use one or the other?

I would like to have the ability to test apps on webOS 1.4.5 as well as 2.1.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Not a GSM guy so I'm not 100% on this. But I believe you can put your plus in airplane mode with the sim in it then take the sim out and continue to use it on wifi.
    Removed incorrect 2.x info See here for more information: Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center
    Last edited by RickNeff; 03/12/2011 at 05:31 PM.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    Type #*DEVMODE# in the phone app and hit the call button. See here for more information: Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center
    That will NOT work.

The OP is asking about using a webOS 1.4.5 Pre Plus for development. (#*/##)DEVMODE# was added in 2.x.

To the OP: Go to the above linked page, download devicetool.jar, and run it on the command line/terminal access on your computer. It will bypass activation on your device and place it in developer mode. When the Pre Plus reboots, you have a fully functional Pre Plus on WiFI (but without a Profile, so no App Catalog -- but there's a patch for that in Preware from me)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    That will NOT work.
    The OP is asking about using a webOS 1.4.5 Pre Plus for development. (#*/##)DEVMODE# was added in 2.x.
    Oops! Sorry about that -- Didn't read carefully.

arthurthornton is, of course, right about what to do.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa