Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Hello forumers and developers. Thank you for allowing me into your lair.

    I am in the middle of a rockstar dilemma. It seems that whenever I am in the middle of hangout sessions aka geekout with my friends, my wife likes to call and then end conversations with, "I love you". This leaves me in a rather unique position of returning her term of endearment. I am going to save everyone here on how I usually reply to her.

    Now, what if, there was an app that I could run in the background? An app that acted as a soundboard. During call, if I would press a selection, it would play my recorded sound to the person on other side of the call..

    Thoughts? I'd be more than happy to donate to the best of my capabilities. I also see lot more uses of this app. Another example would be, if someone calls me during a movie, I could play one of the audio selections from the soundboard and hang up (since landlines don't accept text, yes, I know, sprint has a robot/celebrity for them, you geeks!).

    If such a thing already exists, then please accept my humble apologies
  2. #2  
    Doesn't exist, can't exist currently because of missing APIs, would make a terriffic app especially when paired with call-recording functionality.

    That said, I'm in your boat and I have a really creative solution for you - I always reply with a variation on "I love you too babe". Ain't no thang.
  3. #3  
    Never thought of it before, but this would be a great app if it were able to be done! LOL
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    The real question is why are you ashamed of telling your wife you love her in front of your friends?
    Haven't you seen the Godfather?
  5. #5  
    Just use one of the fart apps. It will probably get you into the same amount of trouble with your wife as a recorded "I love you" response.
  6. #6  
    Remember Patrick Swayze's response to Demi Moore's "I love you" in the movie "Ghost?"


    Just have "Unchained Melody" playing in the background...could be your ringback tone...and say...

    "Ditto!"

    You can thank me later.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  7.    #7  
    <edited by moderator>

    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Maybe you could just say somethIng like "Right back at ya!"

    Seriously, I accidentally hang up on people all the time because I press the wrong button. I don't think I would want to accidentally press something that would make the other person think I said something that I couldn't explain.
    .. it could do the trick! With the proximity sensor, I haven't had the problem of accidentally clicking on the wrong button. However, I had a huge problem with treo 755p as my cuddly cheeks used to press the end call button.


    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Just use one of the fart apps. It will probably get you into the same amount of trouble with your wife as a recorded "I love you" response.
    That and plethora of other issues. With one sound from fart app soundboard, I may never need an app for any endearment

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Remember Patrick Swayze's response to Demi Moore's "I love you" in the movie "Ghost?"

    Just have "Unchained Melody" playing in the background...could be your ringback tone...and say...

    "Ditto!"

    You can thank me later.
    LOL. Hilarious!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/09/2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: removed deleted quote
  8. #8  
    What would make a lot of money is a voice synthesizer app coupled with one of them learning AI bots so people don't have to talk to their wives ever again, not just to avoid saying "I love you".
  9. #9  
    Easy solution is: when she says "I love you", you reply "I know".
  10. #10  
    Truly avantgarde solution: when she says "I love you", you reply "I have gone as far as to post a thread on an internet forum about how I can avoid forming those words with my mouth, but they haven't made an app that saves me the hassle yet"

  11. #11  
    Or you can respond:
    Quote Originally Posted by Garcia from Criminal Minds
    You're just saying that 'cause it's true.
  12. #12  
    This is the most amazing thread ever.
    I'm sure you could find what you need in one of the Jersey Shore soundboards.
  13. #13  
    Just...get over it.

    Be glad you have someone saying this to you.

    I'll tell you a secret--your friends are secretly jealous.
  14. #14  
    "I love you" gets so old. My friend gets a call from his girlfriend every hour it seems. Same response every time "love you babe" ...really! If you say it that often it loses all meaning!

    Great App idea, I wish it was possible.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  15. #15  
    Let's modify this with a 'pause-detector' and a random response library of 'Uh-huh', 'Yes, Dear', 'Are you sure?', etc. That way, when my wife calls during a meeting or a movie, I can just let that carry on the conversation.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    "I love you" gets so old. My friend gets a call from his girlfriend every hour it seems. Same response every time "love you babe" ...really! If you say it that often it loses all meaning!
    As a married person it's been my experience that no matter how often you say those three little words, saying it once more is ALWAYS a welcomed (and sometimes necessary) thing. I may be strange however because I could care less what my "friends" think when it comes to my family.

Posting Permissions