View Poll Results: Will BBM come to WebOS?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • most likely

3 15.79%
  • not very likely

16 84.21%
  1.    #1  
    Today i went on to Crackberry.com and i found this interesting "article" and i use the word article very lightly, anyway it was about BBM coming to Android and iOS. In the future do you think it will be ported to webOS too? Would it be possible to port the iOS version directly to WebOS if or when it becomes released?

Oh and here's the link: BlackBerry Messenger coming to Android and iOS?! | CrackBerry.com
    I don't think so only because until the newer products are ready to ship developers and companies (especially large ones like Blackberry) don't have interest in webOS (yet). Another reason is I have yet to see ANY messaging applications besides the native one in webOS which leads me to suspect your not aloud to create messaging applications... I'm not sure though. I guess perhaps it could come true since I'm pretty sure BBM runs through a BB account (I think, I really have no experience with BB). More apps the better so I hope so even if I don't use it.
    Oh, RIM certainly has interest in webOS. RIM is very, VERY interested in webOS.

They just won't return the favor and give us BBM.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Damm i really hope we get bbm. I love my WebOS but i have to say bbm is one of the best messaging apps ive ever used.
    It will only be a "lite" version, as BB want to keep people coming back to them. I am not that interested in this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I'm still hoping we get that Mojo Messenger Service someday. Or an Enyo variant I guess.
    I've yet to understand the BBM hype. Why is it preferable to othert messging services?
    Never. WebOS just can't garner the support
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    I'm still hoping we get that Mojo Messenger Service someday. Or an Enyo variant I guess.
    That's a push technology, and not the type that would work for messaging apps.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I don't think so only because until the newer products are ready to ship developers and companies (especially large ones like Blackberry) don't have interest in webOS (yet). Another reason is I have yet to see ANY messaging applications besides the native one in webOS which leads me to suspect your not aloud to create messaging applications... I'm not sure though. I guess perhaps it could come true since I'm pretty sure BBM runs through a BB account (I think, I really have no experience with BB). More apps the better so I hope so even if I don't use it.
    There is a messaging app in the Catalog (I think web feed only, not sure), but no Synergy plugins (as you can see from Intro to HP webOS 2.0 - HP Palm Developer Center, there WILL be Synergy messaging plugins)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I use google talk i think its exactly like BBM and pretty much every phone has google talk in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    That's a push technology, and not the type that would work for messaging apps.
    Oh my bad, I thought that included push notification ala BBM status updates wherein the message status gets updated once the recipient reads the message. Aside from sending messages