Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #61  
    Your account could not be created with webOs... or better: it was created (I suppose, have a look in the accounts app), but webOs did not return the account id to my app, which breaks everything...

I had another report of account creation not working and today I found some time to look into it. There were indeed some issues... the worst thing might be that a configuration file somehow got corrupted.
    Anyhow, I fixed the things I could find. Please delete the account from the accounts app (it might seem to not respond, ignore that and just swipe back to see the account gone from the list). You don't need to delete the account in the syncml app. Now try to start a sync with the account again, it should now get created and attempt a sync.

Also I did another try to repair the "recurring event not synced to device"-issue with syncevolution... this was a bit nasty of syncevolution. In some situations it did not send information about the recurrence to the device, so a recurring event was just a single event on the device.
    I now added a capability description that gets send to the server in the first packet. In my tests that seems to have repaired the syncevolution issue. I now hope that it does not create additional issues with other servers... if so, as always, please send me some log...
    I try to fix all reported issues timely. But that's not always possible for me.

Btw: To test connectivity to your syncml server, just type the url into the browser. It should show a nearly empty page saying something like "Syncevolution syncml server". Other servers might say "Please connect to this url using a syncml device"... but aynway you can connect the sync url with a webbrowser just fine and sort out connection issues in that way.
    Got 0.14, thanks !

For the first time in more than 2 years, I'm more than happy to tell you that your App DID the SYNC both ways between Ubuntu 12.04 Evolution 3.2.3 and Palm Pre+ webOS 2.1.0

I will be testing these days with different calendars and post here the results.

Many thanks to getsun, his configuration file worked perfectly and his indications in 04/30/2012 post are crystal clear.

Garfonso, thanks again and keep on the good job.

It seems there is no "Category" handling in webOS.Calendar, true ? How would you recommend to handle these categories available both in Evolution and in Palm OS > 5.1 ? Through different calendars ?

Thanks again anyway. You have made this day quite extraordinary !
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by soyonsfous View Post
    It seems there is no "Category" handling in webOS.Calendar, true ? How would you recommend to handle these categories available both in Evolution and in Palm OS > 5.1 ? Through different calendars ?
    webOS 2.x added a category field to their event structure. So the categories are indeed stored in the device database. But the calendar sadly does not support them in any way... Doesn't Ubercalendar has something like categories? I tested that right now, but it's very simple... it does not use the webos categories thing, and just adds something to the event note.

Creating calendars for every category would be one possibility. I have thought about this earlier. Problem is with events that are in multiple categories (many calendar systems support that and it is also allowed in iCal, so the app need to face that ).
    I had a rudimentary implementation very similar to what ubercalendar does in an earlier version of my app, that just added the categories (received from the server) to the event note with some keywords and removed them again before the sync took place (so that the server got the "plain" note). IIRC it could even edit the category (so you manually had to type in the calendar app at the right place). But this is a bit brittle, because the user needs to know what he does with the description... If you added text below the categories thing, that would also go into the category on the server... and so on.

The best would be to beef up the webOS calendar... should be not that hard. The hardest thing would be not to conflict with all those other calendar patches around which we all like to use.
    But I'm definitively not into patch creation... no clue how that really works or what is necessary for that. I could try to modify the calendar app, but that's about it.
    soyonsfous likes this.
    I just asked frantid (current dev of ubercalendar) about categories: UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
    soyonsfous likes this.
  5.    #65  
    So guys.. I was super busy with this app the last three days and am very happy to announce that the node.jsjsjs $service$ $now$ $is$ $completely$ $implemented$! (This was kind of fun )

For the users, this most probably won't change a lot... what you get right now (from version 0.1.0) is much cleaner logs in the sync scene, the account app works (mostly, only one ugly thing is that create spawns the app in the foreground, you have to switch back to the account app, which will display the config scene . Anybody knows how to prevent that? ), modification of credentials might not work, though... ah, credentials are now stored completely encrypted in the db. It should be backwards compatible with already present and not encrypted account data (these will get encrypted after a visit to the config scene or a sync).

The complete and ugly logs are now written to /media/internal/.info.mobo.syncml.log. At most 2MB of logs are kept, that should be MANY sync processes. The e-mail log function is available in all scenes of the app now and will add the complete log as attachment. That means you can send logs of earlier syncs later, even without running a new sync. The attachment helps the e-mail app, which tended to have trouble with the long logs... also you can get the log from usb-mode and easily see, read, edit (maybe search for your password, I tried to remove all occurences.. but maybe I missed something) and send it.

Anyway, the sync scene should be much cleaner now and hopefully give a much better insight of what worked and what went wrong (if anything).

One other thing: it won't instant crash luna on the touchpad anymore in the sync scene (0.0.16 should already have solved that issue). For me even the sync worked... webOS 3.0.5 was a bit more picky on some things, though. If you encounter issues, please contact me.

In the long run the service implementation is the first step towards two major features:
    1. Contact sync
    2. automatic sync in the background.

2. should be easy now... I only need someone to explain to me how to schedule service calls with certain parameters... and I need to figure out how to circumvent the 1 min runtime limit for the service in that case... usually a fast sync should be fine, but a slow sync can take longer than a minute in my experience... the app solves that issue with subscribing to the sync-service-call. Maybe there is something similar for activities? I have to investigate that....

0.1.0 is a major change. I hope it won't cause issue to anybody who had 0.0.16 working fine... if so, please contact me. In the meantime I kept 0.0.16 on the github page as ipk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    So guys.. I was super busy with this app the last three days and am very happy to announce that the node.jsjsjs $service$ $now$ $is$ $completely$ $implemented$! (This was kind of fun )

For the users, this most probably won't change a lot... what you get right now (from version 0.1.0) is much cleaner logs in the sync scene, the account app works (mostly, only one ugly thing is that create spawns the app in the foreground, you have to switch back to the account app, which will display the config scene . Anybody knows how to prevent that? ), modification of credentials might not work, though... ah, credentials are now stored completely encrypted in the db. It should be backwards compatible with already present and not encrypted account data (these will get encrypted after a visit to the config scene or a sync).

The complete and ugly logs are now written to /media/internal/.info.mobo.syncml.log. At most 2MB of logs are kept, that should be MANY sync processes. The e-mail log function is available in all scenes of the app now and will add the complete log as attachment. That means you can send logs of earlier syncs later, even without running a new sync. The attachment helps the e-mail app, which tended to have trouble with the long logs... also you can get the log from usb-mode and easily see, read, edit (maybe search for your password, I tried to remove all occurences.. but maybe I missed something) and send it.

Anyway, the sync scene should be much cleaner now and hopefully give a much better insight of what worked and what went wrong (if anything).

One other thing: it won't instant crash luna on the touchpad anymore in the sync scene (0.0.16 should already have solved that issue). For me even the sync worked... webOS 3.0.5 was a bit more picky on some things, though. If you encounter issues, please contact me.

In the long run the service implementation is the first step towards two major features:
    1. Contact sync
    2. automatic sync in the background.

2. should be easy now... I only need someone to explain to me how to schedule service calls with certain parameters... and I need to figure out how to circumvent the 1 min runtime limit for the service in that case... usually a fast sync should be fine, but a slow sync can take longer than a minute in my experience... the app solves that issue with subscribing to the sync-service-call. Maybe there is something similar for activities? I have to investigate that....

0.1.0 is a major change. I hope it won't cause issue to anybody who had 0.0.16 working fine... if so, please contact me. In the meantime I kept 0.0.16 on the github page as ipk.
    Great news and very warm thanks for your effort !

Eager to test it, although not yet available in Preware (still 0.0.16 there).

Just waiting for the Contact sync to start using my Pre+ as my main and only phone (still using good old Centro but Wap is not supported by the carrier anymore).
  7.    #67  
    Just a heads up: on two of my devices the app is no hit by the permission issue it seems ( this one: http://www.webosnation.com/webos-2-x...de-js-db8-apps )

I'm trying to find a solution right now...
    Ok, identified the problem. It should only affect people that installed the app, before I submitted it to webosnation. This explains why my emulators had no issues but my mainphone had... I added a script to the add directory to repair the permissions from the command line. If you run into permission issues (app "hangs", either in welcome scene, buttons stay gray, or in sync scene, no message after "Calling Service") run the following for a command line:

Code:
    sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/info.mobo.syncml.client/repairDBPermission.sh
    This might delete all data in the affected databases and require a refresh from the server (you need to change that manually in the app). If you have valuable data that is not on your server, better run a sync with 0.0.16 before you update or downgrade and do that.
    Last edited by Garfonso; 05/20/2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    webOS 2.x added a category field to their event structure. So the categories are indeed stored in the device database. But the calendar sadly does not support them in any way...
    I've been asked what is the type of the CATEGORIES field in the calendar by frantid in the UberCalendar thread and I'm afraid I don't have the slightest idea of where I should look for it in my Pre+. I have installed Impostah. Could you provide some guidance please or post the answer in the UberCalendar thread ? Thanks a lot.
  9.    #69  
    It's in Impostah => Databases => info.mobo.syncml.calendarevent:1, then you get a list of all the events, sorted by ID. If the event is the newest one, it will be on the very bottom... otherwise you'll have to browse some events. A click on the entry shows everything that is saved for it.
    The categories field should be plain text. Can you have a look if the #&13 you talk of in the other thread appear also in the database?
    Ok. I looked at the DB and I confirm that categories are there in a plain text field, thanks.
    I downloaded today's release 0.1.3 and wanted to test if after modifying an event with a (hidden) category on the Pre+ and synchronizing, the category would still be present in Evolution calendar. I couldn't do it.
    I entered into the configure to make sure the two-way was selected and didn't notice that the password field was empty. I got the "incomplete account" message. Then I typed the password and hit the "check credentials" button and got stuck. I used the "reset service" and returned to the main scene. I went back into the configure and the account information was greyed. I tried the sync and it hanged on the "calling service". I'll end this post now and will read your previous postings to inspect the log. I remember you wrote where it is.
    Last edited by soyonsfous; 05/21/2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typos
    After many trials, I reconfigured syncevolution on the server side, restarted Luna in the client, deleted the syncML account, emptied the syncML calendarevent DB, ran repairDBPermision.sh (with Luna permission denied messages ) and after all that, I ran syncML, entered the configuration data then back swept to store information. Account seems to be created. Launched a Sync and waited for a long time. Never finished so I swept back. Tried a check credentials and hanged there. Here is the log although I'm not sure it matches all I described above. I removed the log after each Luna restart.
    Whatever you can do will be welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12.    #72  
    I had a quick look at this issue and I think I figured out what is your most likely issue...

Your syncevolution server is not running on Port 80, right? That's the issue.. The AjaxCall the service uses does not understand the domainort scheme, it seems.

Also I remember reading of an issue with it having Port 80 hardcoded somewhere. Nasty issue.
    I need to figure out how to replace that AjaxCall stuff... WebOS libraries are giving me a hard time right now.

The worst issue is, that they never return any error to my service. They just print something to the system log and then crash, leaving my service waiting forever...
    I think the only solution to that will be some timeout mechanism that returns some diffuse error message to the app. Will see, if I can implement something like that...

I fear this will take some time... Maybe you can try to run syncevolution on port 80, if you don't want to wait? I don't know what that involves... For port 80 you need extra privileges and so on..
    I will try on port 80, but I don't get why it worked fine on 9000 with your 0.14. You were not using AjaxCalls maybe? Anyhow, I'll be patient and if you want me to investigate further, just let me know. The account creation seems to be Ok and better integrated now. If I ever get some time, I'll gladly try to learn how to program in webOS and provide some help with your development if I can. Thanks again anyway. I hope the fix will not be too long to come though.
  14.    #74  
    Hi.

AjaxCall for a Mojo App and a node.jsjsjs $service$ $are$ $two$ $very$ $different$ $things$, $I$ $learned$ $from$ $the$ $source$ $code$.. $additionally$ $the$ $app$ $used$ $another$ $request$, $that$ $is$ $true$...

I implemented a local quick and dirty fix which most probably is not the correct way to do it, but currently the best that is there... here it works now again with sync evolution.

Additionally I tried to add more output to the app, so that it not just sits there and hangs. But I'm not sure that was successful...
    Hi Garfonso,

Thanks for the effort of 2 releases. Got 0.1.7 but I'm afraid it's not working yet although progress is made .

I was successful in 'check credentials', but failed with "sync".

From the log (sanitized here below) it seems that the client, after correctly loading the account, acts as if there were no account and tries to save a new one that happens to be identical to the existing one ! I tried "Two-way" "Refresh from server" and "One way Server" with identical results, hanging "calling service".

Of course I also deleted from the account app the syncML account a couple of times, with no more success with sync. With Impostha the account seems Ok.

If you need more info, I'll try to get it for you.

Thanks again for the effort.
  16.    #76  
    Did you have a Veer? The service is currently running into a deadlock situation during account creation and that makes the call crash on the Veer (but I did not observe that on a Pre 3).

To create an account you can try the following:

1. Close the SyncML App
    2. In the Account App delete the SyncML Accounts, if there are any.
    3. In the SyncML App delete all accounts if there still are some.
    4. Create a new SyncML Account with the Account App!
    5. (Re)start the SyncML App and see if the account is there and works

In step 4 don't get confused. The Account App will load the config scene from the SyncML App, but it will also spawn the SyncML App in the foreground. So you need to manually switch back to the account app.

This might run into a deadlock also, but at that time the account should already be created and fine.

Hope that will work. Sorry for the inconvinience.
    I need to completely overhaul the complete account management stuff, that will take some time, though.
    Categories are now shown (no edit possible) in the latest Betaversion of Ubercalendar:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

The Screenshot there is of an event of my Zarafa Calendar via Exchange ActiveSync, so not SyncML but it should work there too.

The Beta can be found here (let it email to your device to install) but uninstall Prewareversion of Ubercalendar before and restart Luna: UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again. And to switch to Preware version again do the same...
    soyonsfous likes this.
    Hi Garfonso,

Sorry for this late reply, I've been away lately. All my reports are about my Pre+ device. I'll try your procedure anyway with your latest release 0.1.11 and post the result this week.

Thanks again and keep on the good work
    Last edited by soyonsfous; 05/29/2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Just updated ;-)
    Category-Sync now fully works with Ubercalendar Beta version:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

i assume soon to be avail in Preware version.
    Quote Originally Posted by soyonsfous View Post
    Hi Garfonso,

Sorry for this late reply, I've been away lately. All my reports are about my Pre+ device. I'll try your procedure anyway with your latest release 0.1.11 and post the result this week.

Thanks again and keep on the good work
    Hi Garfonso,

Done and still fails.

syncML client seems to be trying to create again and again a new account even after a successful "checkCredentials". I attach the sanitized log for your analysis.

Whatever you can do about this will be welcome cause as you understand synchronization is still impossible.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I didn't get confused in step 4 and account creation seemed to work fine in the account App.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast