Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

I know how to edit my signatures, but it is imperfect at best, ie it does not support plain text signatures, ruins copy and pasted texts etc.

I need to handle the legally correct signatures of half a dozen to dozen mail accounts on several devices - and this really drives me mad and is such a waste of time.

Is there a way to easily "inject" my plain text signatures into the mail accounts?
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    If all else fails, you could create a memo for your signature blocks (or even one per), and copy and paste into each email. That is at least easier than typing them out every time.

OR (and I really like this idea) you could create custom autodict entries. I don't think you can include line breaks in the autodict, BUT you could do something like:

jsjsjs = $James$ $Smith$
    ud = U.S. Department of Agricuture

tm = Ted Moore
    dm = Director of Marketing

or whatever. So you'd still have to put the block in yourself, but that would at least make it super easy.
    Check out Clipboard for webOS: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=7469

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I don't want to reinvent the wheel, we already have the option to change the e-mail signature. The only annoyance there is, that, no matter whether entered manually or copied and pasted, the mail app somehow tries to add his own markup stuff.

Therefore it would be much easier to copy the signature file-wise onto the device.

It would be even better, if you could convince the mail app to act as pure plain text client, but I guess there will never be a significant majority demanding such a feature. :-)
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate