Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Be careful what you say when you say an app "sucks." People work hard on their apps. You never know who made what. Lots of times I hear people say "this feature should be here" or "this sucks at doing this" or "why doesn't this work" when it's never A. that simple B. possible or C. when it's only one person behind the project, a single person who doesn't even make enough money to pay for car payments. I can see if a big company, heck, even a small company, or even just a team of developers were working on a project and lacked features. But for one person who has a life to live (*cough*college*cough*), it becomes increasingly difficult to prioritize which applications to work on, for which devices, and what features are the most important to include in an app.

I find it absolutely silly to expect ANYONE to develop for Mojo, and currently Enyo does not support contact or phone API's / services on anything other than the touchpad.

Voogle XL has been working on phones for quite some time now (on my phone, at least), but it does have its issues preventing it from being released (see above).

As for Voogle 3.0 -- take it or leave it. It doesn't have to be on the market, and if it wasn't, there would be NO google voice app at all. It was made to bridge a gap, but some people can't appreciate the effort.
    I'm not sure what you're referring too but...

If I *pay* for an app and its worthless... I am fully entitled to say so. I've *paid* for most all of the google voice apps and they mostly *suck*.

Voogle doesn't do anything you can't already do via the google web interface... And since Voogle also requires a data connection, it has absolutely no advantages over the google voice mobile site. Its a rip off if you ask me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're referring too but...

If I *pay* for an app and its worthless... I am fully entitled to say so. I've *paid* for most all of the google voice apps and they mostly *suck*.

Voogle doesn't do anything you can't already do via the google web interface... And since Voogle also requires a data connection, it has absolutely no advantages over the google voice mobile site. Its a rip off if you ask me.

99.9% of all mobile apps do things you can do already on the web or via other means. What you say is an outright LIE. Voogle sends notifications when the app isn't running. Also, why wouldn't Voogle require a data connection? The google voice service requires a data connection. Seriously? I refuse to argue over this..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    99.9% of all mobile apps do things you can do already on the web or via other means. What you say is an outright LIE. Voogle sends notifications when the app isn't running. Also, why wouldn't Voogle require a data connection? The google voice service requires a data connection. Seriously? I refuse to argue over this..
    Then why are you arguing?

1.) placing a call via google voice, which should be the primary function of a "google voice" app, does not require a data connection. If you had read the thread you'd know this...

P2GoogleVoice does not need a data connection to place a call. It dials you GV number, then 2, then the number you're calling. No data needed.

2.) The google voice web interface loads faster and requires fewer taps to accomplish the same tasks... Voogle requires 6 taps just to dial a number in your address book. Where's "just type"?

3.) What about numbers not in your address book but in your call history? You'd think you could just tap the number and call it right? Nope. Copy paste? Nope. Memorize 3-4 digits at a time and just swap between views? Nope, it clears what you entered when you swipe back...

So how DO you return a phone call from missed calls or call history? You don't from Voogle.

4.) I've paid for Voogle 3 times, naively thinking if I supported them they'd support me. once for Voogle, once for Voogle 3.0, and once for Voogle XL... They all suck. If I pay for something I expect someone to support it. But Voogle 3.0 was *down* for over a *month* not to long ago...

5.) Voogle notifications... They are unpredictable at best. Swipe one away and it comes back... Reboot the phone and they stop altogether. Was this even tested?

And who needs this? I don't need notifications from Voogle... The phone tells me I missed a call or got a text! The notification would only be useful if you could tap it and return the call... But you can't!

6.) I've emailed the folks developing Voogle 3.0 several times pleading with them to fix these issues... Only to be ignored.

And I haven't even scratched the iceberg...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12