Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Good morning everyone here

First, among the things that does retain me with my Palm Pre is these forums where we can find answers and WebOS Internals with Homebrew developpement team. Thank's all of them.

I Will upgrade my Palm Pre minus on Bell in a fews hours... fays... or weeks and I wondering :

Advantage : 1.4.5 2.1.0

Uberkernel 1,0 Ghz X
    Patch Launcher icons 4 X 4 X
    Stability X
    Facebook chat patch X

Voice Dialing X
    New OS X
    Flash 10.1 X
    QuickOffice X
    New apps X

Is there anything else to make me upgrading fast or not so fast???

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
  2.    #2  
    The format has been lost!!

The first 4 are advantage 1.4.5 and the 5 last are advantage WebOS 2.1

Excuse me!
    Alain (abellemare44)

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi

The 2.1 webOS Doctor posted by HP doesn't have Flash, for what it's worth.
    Check out Movie Diary.
  4.    #4  
    another thing, my palm pre is used as my primary phone.

My personals and business e-mails are synchronized into my palm and it works very well!

Thank's
    Alain (abellemare44)

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    The 2.1 webOS Doctor posted by HP doesn't have Flash, for what it's worth.
    There is a script to incorporate it into the version WebOS 2.1
    Alain (abellemare44)

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi

flash can be enabled, but it is choppy(on my Vzw Pre+) The new features are nice, but as it's your primary device, id wait for the source code to be posted so it can be overclocked. That's what I'm waiting for on my wife's Pre+
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    currently i think a good working 1.4.5 with uberkernel and your favorite patches is the better option for you.
    but when uberkernel gets released for 2.1 and we can see what performance gain it gives us, more patches get ported over and those little bugs get sorted out it might be worth it.

Im running now 2.1 since the day it got released on my pre-, what i miss most is the 4x4 icons the standard icons feel way to big and i just want to fit more apps on the screen. hope this get fixed sometime, and yeah i know its not as easy as it was with 1.X.X

what im really looking forward to are the 2.X sdk features, Hp/palm get rid of that NDA!!!
    Yes, same here... Bought a spare and suposide Sprint Pre + that was already upgraded RAM/memory wise and I successfully installed 2.1 which is only missing Sprint Navigation, TV, and Flash.

Everything kinda works..I say kinda because I can get apps like Preware to install via WebOSQuickInstall, but Preware just flash and never loads interface. Same with Palm's App Catalog...never completely loads, but then I'm using my device in Developer Mode bypassing the default profile and maybe why it is only partially working?

Tried to create a new test profile that failed multiple times and still just testing things for now on this spare franken Sprint Pre+.

Also note, tried to install Flash following the online instructions, but the Package Fails to install via webOSQuickInstall and generates an error like most apps I tried to install.

2.1 does work, Voice Dial functions, Stacks, Just Type, and other additions add a little polish we've all been missing.

Actually, speaking of the Pre+...dont think I got an upgraded Sprint Pre+ and plan to contact seller tomorrow for a return and refund...so be careful if you are looking to upgrade your Pre- on Sprint like I'm doing.

Hopefully Sprint releases 2.1 SDK soon and also provides something native for the USA so we can bypass all this song and dance that webOS Internals is having to deal with. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    It's ridiculous that the SDK is still NDA considering how long WebOS 2.x has been out internationally
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Actually, speaking of the Pre+...dont think I got an upgraded Sprint Pre+ and plan to contact seller tomorrow for a return and refund...so be careful if you are looking to upgrade your Pre- on Sprint like I'm doing.
    Actually its very easy to tell if it's a plus, just open device info and look at how much GB's you have. next to Memory it should say 16 GB. I have sold a few of these and I'm making some more with 2.1 preinstalled. I don't know who you bought from but, at least be sure it's not what you wanted before you start a despute. *assume you got it off ebay*
    my experience with 2.1 on a Pre minus.

All the added features are great but...
    when it runs smooth its very good.
    seems to run out of memory and stutter and freeze a lot with only one app open.
    camera is really unresponsive.

hoping the uberkernel comes soon. If that doesn't fix it I'm going back to 1.4.5.

I'm sure its fine on the Pre plus.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    On the Pre, flash is more or less unusable for me. I'm not too bothered about it, since the only Flash content I want to use it with is flash music players which work OK, but anything with video seems to be very, very slow.

Voice dialling is terrible. I tried it out about 5 times and it called all sorts of random contacts I didn't want it to.

Don't be too excited about new apps, as we can't get access to 2.x apps in the Catalog.

And the launcher in 2.x is unpatchable, so don't let the lack of a 4x4 icon patch put you off - in all likelihood, there won't ever be one.

A lot of people are saying that 2.x is very slow on a Pre. That's pretty correct - there is a lot of stuttering and delays. Particularly for Just Type to respond, and just unlocking the screen. However, some things are noticeably faster, particularly the email app, and there are some nice touches sprinkled around. I'm sure when Uberkernel arrives, the whole phone will be more responsive.
    How about the contact sync in 2.1? Last time when I try the 2.0 beta my contact won't sync all of them just partial, it says correct amount of contact, but when I search it couldn't find the contact.
    I'm using Sprint Pre...wanting to upgrade to 2.1 but the thread not clearly said/written meta doctoring step by step for Sprint Pre...still looking for the script, couldn't find in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by nusz View Post
    How about the contact sync in 2.1? Last time when I try the 2.0 beta my contact won't sync all of them just partial, it says correct amount of contact, but when I search it couldn't find the contact.
    I'm using Sprint Pre...wanting to upgrade to 2.1 but the thread not clearly said/written meta doctoring step by step for Sprint Pre...still looking for the script, couldn't find in the thread.
    here is as clear as it will get likely...
    WebOS 2 Upgrade
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by nusz View Post
    contact sync seems to work for me. Both google and yahoo.
    sync worked good for me too, facebook, hotmail, and google all loaded fine.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Yapp...I already read that...to what should I rename the doctor file to? And can somebody point me where to download or to make the script?

Wow...might be upgrading to 2.1 tonite if contact sync work fine hehehe...
    see post #14
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    see post #14
    I've done installing meta doctor file...but when I try to run the 2nd command...it says error folder meta-doctor exist...and after that I open the folder scripts cannot find the script for sprint....

never mind...done by deleting the meta-doctor folder...will flashing the modified doctor tonite hehehe...
    Last edited by nusz; 02/28/2011 at 03:33 AM.
    I have tried 2.1 on Verizon Pre Plus. Works very nicely. Also installed Flash, which also works just fine. Created a different profile for 2.1. Speed is reasonable if you're not picky. There is clearly a future for 2.1 on the Pre Plus, but I have reverted back to 1.4.5 for now.

Things that aren't available/work (yet): Mobilehotspot (although there is FreeTether), Skype, Internalz, overclocking and quite a few other patches.

It was worth the effort to take a look. 2.1 is very nice and the WebOS Internals folks have done a fantastic job making it available for us. Hopefully HP and Verizon will come aboard soon and we can all go forward to the world of 2.1.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast