Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I updated to 2.1 and its running great. I'm overclocked to 1gz with the uberkernel test kernel and seems to be working fine. Its definitely faster! If I went back to 1.4 would I be able to use my 2.1 profile? That's the only profile I have...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6685 View Post
    I updated to 2.1 and its running great. I'm overclocked to 1gz with the uberkernel test kernel and seems to be working fine. Its definitely faster! If I went back to 1.4 would I be able to use my 2.1 profile? That's the only profile I have...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    no
    Actually, profiles is a great question and could someone clarify how profiles work?

I have a Sprint minus running 1.4 and my old profile. If I upgrade to 2.1 and use the same profile I can restore my old settings, contacts, apps, etc, but I won't be able to go back to 1.4. This has been referenced many times and I understand completely why this is so...

So what has Sprint users done to test the upgrade?

I've done some testing on a spare Sprint minus phone purchased for back-up parts and used the developer tools (emergency dial ##### or some number combination) built into 2.1 to bypass having to login to my old profile. This works, but it won't allow you to re-download old apps, settings, and otherwise.

I guess the easiest way to test is create a new profile on Sprint to test drive 2.1 and before upgrading manually backing up 1.4 and restoring that backup after the 2.1 upgrade. I tried initially creating a new profile during my upgrade to 2.1 on my spare phone, but I suspect this did not work not having a phone active for registration.

Either way, does Sprint charge users for a second profile and how does the new profile effect testing the phone apps to see if CDMA still works? My test on my spare phone occurred on a phone that was no-longer active and working, so only thing I could try and use was WIFI (initially not very successfully).

Thanks for the suggestions and your help is appreciated, Sorli...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12