Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Ive been trying to replace the autoreplace dictionary in webOS 2.1 with the version I was using in 1.4.5 (which I'd added a lot of custom shortcuts to already), but can't work out how to do it...

I tried copying my version over to /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ where it was previously located, but no changes were implemented. To test out what was happening, I set a new short cut in the Text Assist app then copied the dictionary from /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us to /media/internal so I could take a look at it on my PC. The new short cut I had just added on the device wasn't in the file...

So, it seems that the shortcuts in webOS 2.x are not stored in this dictionary file, and must be stored elsewhere. Does anyone know where the new file is, and if it's possible to manually copy in my old edits?
    Try: /usr/palm/smartkey/XT9/DefaultData/autoreplace/en_us
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I've had a look around in there but didn't manage to find anything too useful sadly...

EDIT: Apparently it's in /var/db8, but that location is a partition which shouldn't be messed with manually unfortunately.
    Last edited by StevenX; 03/04/2011 at 03:18 PM.
    The autocorrect dictionary in 1.4.5 is totally different than in 2.0. I have been trying to figure out how to backup/restore the Text Assist data for Save/Restore and have been unable to figure out where that data is stored. If you have any luck figureing it out, let me know!

In the meantime, to get your manual autocorrect entries into 2.1, you need to load up the Text Assist app and edit the user dictionary there. Unfortunately, this is not saved to the Palm Profile, either
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I think the autocorrection dic is stored in \usr\palm\smartkey\XT9\dbs\LDBs\Palm_611_ENubUN_xt9_2.ldb

Anyone knows how to open this file?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I already posted the location previously... Rod said in another thread (in the meta-doctor thread I was enquiring about how to back up the dictionary) that it was in the PARTITION /var/db8.

Manually messing with that partition is apparently very dangerous however, although Rod hinted in his post that webOS Internals is cooking up some sort of tool which might be able to help us back things in there up in the future...
    Oddly I cant see that folder with internalz. Is it supposed to be hidden?
    I have not use the autocorrect (Text assist) before, but if the format in 1.4.5 is the same that the one on 2.1, look at the file on
    Code:
    /usr/palm/smartkey/XT9/DefaultData/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    you can replace this file with the one you have for 1.4.5 and then delete the file on
    Code:
    /var/palm/data/smartkey/XT9/auto_sub_db_en_us.bin
    and it should create this file after rebooting the phone (complete reboot, not luna reboot) with the words you provided. Of course always make a backup of the files just in case you need them later. Also I think you can manually backup the words added manually by backing up the
    Code:
    /var/palm/data/smartkey/XT9/user_db.bin
    file. I haven't test any of this since I currently don't use autoreplace but I have being experimenting changing the language independently of the language on preferences and it might work.
    Quote Originally Posted by blake0 View Post
    I have not use the autocorrect (Text assist) before, but if the format in 1.4.5 is the same that the one on 2.1, look at the file on
    Code:
    /usr/palm/smartkey/XT9/DefaultData/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    you can replace this file with the one you have for 1.4.5 and then delete the file on
    Code:
    /var/palm/data/smartkey/XT9/auto_sub_db_en_us.bin
    and it should create this file after rebooting the phone (complete reboot, not luna reboot) with the words you provided. Of course always make a backup of the files just in case you need them later. Also I think you can manually backup the words added manually by backing up the
    Code:
    /var/palm/data/smartkey/XT9/user_db.bin
    file. I haven't test any of this since I currently don't use autoreplace but I have being experimenting changing the language independently of the language on preferences and it might work.
    Still Can't
    Could you help me shortcut Autoreplace, please?
    up for The help
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.xtop View Post
    up for The help
    The method blake0 won't work. The files he references are indeed still there, but don't seem to do anything. I've tried messing around with them myself.

See my numerous posts earlier - according to Rod of webOS Internals it's impossible to manually alter the autocorrect dictionary in webOS 2.x just now.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It is possible export the user dictionary through command line:
    "Learned Words":
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.smartKey/listUserWords '{"offset": 0, "limit": 200}'
    and to add "usb" to dictionary:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.smartKey/addUserWord '{"word": "usb"}'
    "Shortcut":
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.smartKey/listAutoReplace'{"offset": 0, "limit": 200}'
    brobi69 likes this.
    Thank you. Why limit is 200? Is it possible to get more?
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    200 is just a random pickup number. You can grab the next page of data by increasing the offset to 200, or increase the limit to grab all data at one time. I don't know the max value of "limit'.
    Thank you!
    Hm, there is impossible to add more than 2476 words in user dictionary. I've just checked, It's horrible. Impossible to make dictionary for other language.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmarvin View Post
    It is possible export the user dictionary through command line:
    "Learned Words":
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.smartKey/listUserWords '{"offset": 0, "limit": 200}'
    and to add "usb" to dictionary:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.smartKey/addUserWord '{"word": "usb"}'
    "Shortcut":
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.smartKey/listAutoReplace'{"offset": 0, "limit": 200}'
    thanks for the code...any idea how to manually add a shortcut via command line, too?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Add "ur" to be auto replaced by "your":
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.smartKey/addAutoReplace '{"shortcut": "ur", "substitution": "your"}'
    rcmarvin -- Thanks so much for all the info... based on that, I was able to make a few modifications to the code for a Tip of the Day (posted on the homepage right now) and I worked with Rod to create a Save/Restore script that will automate the backup info!

Thanks so much!!!!

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Glad to be helpful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast