1.    #1  
    Now that 2.1 seems to be reaching a pretty stable state for Pre+/- users it would be nice to have the ability to overclock. I have read that once the source is posted by HP it should take only a few days to get an OC kernel working.

My question is: is there any way to encourage or force HP to post the source for the 2.1 version that is in the wild?
    Is the code written under a particular license which requires it be made publicly available in a certain amount of time?

There is a "contact" link at the Palm Opensource page, perhaps folks should email with a kind request for this (i'm asking if, not saying that, people should do this).
    I suspect that they issue is as much the carriers as it is HP, because the carriers are still going to take the support calls.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I think its time for "releasemypre" person to make an appearance from Underground Pre HQ!!!!!
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    They will release the Kernel source (and all of the other source they're required to release) in due time. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a week, but I also wouldn't be surprised for them to not release it until they release webOS 2.1 for the Pre2 (and the source for it as well).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup