Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I made this application with mojo framework 1.4.5 and perfectly go on pre 2! Led Torch with system services and others old not run on pre 2!
    Help me to publish this on preware/precentral catalog. I'm newbe i don't know the way!

This application is front end com.niosz.ledlight

You need the back end shell interface for running correctly, install before WebOs Internal secure shell.

PS I'm an italian HP employe!

VERSION 1.0.3 down here
    PS: You Need before install Secure Shell app from preware
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by niosz; 02/24/2011 at 01:52 PM.
    thank you! for work with pre-/+ on 2.0.1 beta need to change hostname from "roadrunner" to "localhost".
  3.    #3  
    1.0.3 : changed "roadrunner" to "localhost" (fix for some other version of palm pre) [for palm pre 2 don't need this]

Anybody help me to post application on preware catalog?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just a question but what is the difference in this app and the LED torch app by Jason R.?
  5.    #5  
    LED torch app by Jason R don't work on palm pre 2 becouse the led services or sys service don't install correctly. My application use connection to back-end directly to unix shell for command the hardware with ajax request on secure shell app service on port 4200.
    I would strongly request that you remove the secureshell ipk file from your post and point people to the WebOS Internals testing feeds Wiki page, so they know that they are installing a very early buggy alpha version of that program and get updates to it when we fix the bugs in it.

-- Rod
    You may also want to look at the Advanced Device Menus patch by sconix, which includes a safe service for handling the led.

-- Rod
    First, congrats on your release. Second, I just wanna clarify a few things.

Chuq has given me permission to publicly defend my software and explain the situation regarding SysToolasMgr, FileMgr, and the apps/patches that run on it (Internalz, LED Torch, Advanced Reset Options, Device Menu Megamix, Video Camera Flashlight, etc.).

In a nutshell, I rewrote both FileMgr and SysToolsMgr into jsjsjs $services$ $for$ $webOS$ $2$.$0$. $Both$ $are$ $in$ &$quot$;$completed$&$quot$; $status$ $and$ $my$ $beta$ $testers$ $have$ $enjoyed$ $working$ $SysToolsMgr$ $and$ $FileMgr$ $for$ $almost$ $2$ $months$ $now$. $However$, $while$ $nearly$ $everything$ $about$ $JS$ $services$ $can$ $be$ $derived$ $from$ $the$ $ROM$ $in$ $the$ $webOSDoctor$, $the$ $safe$/$proper$ $js$ $service$ $packaging$ $standard$ $cannot$.

So, both SysToolsMgr 1.0 and FileMgr 2.0 are stuck in a kind of stasis. 100% complete and working for my extended private beta group (including mamouton), but unable to be publicly released due to the webOS 2.0 SDK NDA. PM me if you wanna join the beta group and are serious about wanting to help test/give feedback (not just get free software).

Both SysToolsMgr and FileMgr have a long history in the homebrew community. To those who assumed webOS 2.0 versions were vapourware, you're incorrect. At this point I'm stuck waiting for the webOS 2.0 SDK's NDA to lift before the public will be able to see anything. It's out of my hands. I've tried to ask for special homebrew release permission, but given the chaos already going on over at Palm, I've had no luck, which is understandable.

So, yea, a li'l patience is a good thing
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/20/2011 at 05:03 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    thanks Jason!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    so then what are the chances that someone is going to come out with a LED flash light app for the Pixi or /and the Pixi plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by mestrada View Post
    so then what are the chances that someone is going to come out with a LED flash light app for the Pixi or /and the Pixi plus?
    Close to zero. It is controlled by a proprietary communication across the modem interface.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Guys thanks for the updates. Look forward to them.
  13.    #13  
    Jason R Thanks for the explanation ... First of all, I absolutely do not in any way offend your software, not knowing all these policies, I tried to be helpful to use the LED, that's all

Can I join your team and get the beta service for SysMrg JSJSJS $2$.$0$ ?
    Thanks for the updates!
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...At this point I'm stuck waiting for the webOS 2.0 SDK's NDA to lift before the public will be able to see anything. It's out of my hands. I've tried to ask for special homebrew release permission, but given the chaos already going on over at Palm, I've had no luck, which is understandable.

So, yea, a li'l patience is a good thing
    The more I read this board the less I understand how the things are working here.

Seem all related to a bureaucracy and not to sw development, the most used words are "illegal", "forbidden", "rules", NDA, and so on.

But HP is really interested in increasing the SW available, in the platform knowledge, in a growing ecosystem or what ?

I've just checked, in android market the search about a flashlight SW returns 323 results, here we have zero working sw and the only working product is blocked because HP treat a normal SDK like a classified military secret ?

I find all this just incredible.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    The more I read this board the less I understand how the things are working here.
    It's very simple. Some folks prefer to uphold the law. Usually the same copyright law that allows open source and the Linux kernel (upon which webOS is based) to exist.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's very simple. Some folks prefer to uphold the law.

What law ?

There is a law that force HP to release the SDK covered by NDA ?

This is a choice, not a law.

Usually the same copyright law that allows open source and the Linux kernel
    I'm sorry but I understand less than before, what has to do the most open way of developing sw, the one one on the linux kernel was born, with a strict policy on sw distrbution and development ?

I really can't see the relation, please enlighten me a bit more.

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    I'm sorry but I understand less than before, what has to do the most open way of developing sw, the one one on the linux kernel was born, with a strict policy on sw distrbution and development ?

I really can't see the relation, please enlighten me a bit more.
    It's very simple. The person or company that creates the software, gets to choose how they license it. You get to choose whether to uphold the copyright law which enforces their choice.

If one chooses to uphold the copyright law for open source Linux software, but one chooses to not uphold the same copyright law for illegal redistribution of proprietary HP webOS software, then one holds a hypocritical confluence of ideologies.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's very simple. The person or company that creates the software, gets to choose how they license it. You get to choose whether to uphold the copyright law which enforces their choice.
    I'm not arguing about the respect for the rules, I'm just thinking that the rules chosen by HP are counterproductive, to say the best.

If one chooses to uphold the copyright law for open source Linux software, but one chooses to not uphold the same copyright law for illegal redistribution of proprietary HP webOS software, then one holds a hypocritical confluence of ideologies.
    Yes, but also projecting the US laws to the entire world is a bit hypocritical, the world is made by a couple of hundreds states, and everyone has different laws.

Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Yes, but also projecting the US laws to the entire world is a bit hypocritical, the world is made by a couple of hundreds states, and everyone has different laws.
    The Berne convention on copyright, however, is observed in over 164 countries.

You may like to make yourself aware of the copyright laws in your own country of Italy, which signed the Berne convention on December 5, 1887.

-- Rod (BTW, I'm not from the US)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast