Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    I also got mine today and have been playing around with it. I sent the original request on 2/16, got the e-mail saying I was approved on 3/3 and actually had the device in my hands on 3/9.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Just got mine!! Thank you Palm!! Definitely going to help with development!

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    What!? You got swag too! I didn't get any f'ing swag! Now I'm really selling this POS!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboomaboom View Post
    Just got mine!! Thank you Palm!! Definitely going to help with development!

That chapstick is great. I got some when Palm was doing their summer tours. Mine's just about done, & I was just thinking about how I wish I had more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I was approved for a developer device on the 23rd of february but havn't seen any device yet. Also, the UPS site doesn't list it as being shipped yet.

Obviously I can't complain since it's free, but I'm still at the edge of the chair..
    I'm so excited about the Pre 2. Overall, it feels like a completely new device. I've barely seen any lag on 2.1.0. A few times, but I was messing with stuff. This phone is awesome, I wish I had a screen for it already but I'm going naked until it's shipped. Hopefully this gorilla glass doesn't get scratched :-\ I like my stuff in good condition.
    Sprint Love
    I got mine last night. Haven't opened it yet because I don't have a sim card..
    well, darn i feel alittle discouraged hmm i still haven't gotten any sort of response and its been well over 2 weeks? close to 3 now hmmm

I also had some questions about a few things i shot off to chuq and didn't get a response from him either :/ also 2/3 weeks ago

think their just swamped? or should i be concerned?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I got mine last night. Haven't opened it yet because I don't have a sim card..
    On the sim card insertion screen once you power it on dial #*DEVMODE# and hit the green call button, that will let you access WebOS without a Sim Card.
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    well, darn i feel alittle discouraged hmm i still haven't gotten any sort of response and its been well over 2 weeks? close to 3 now hmmm

I also had some questions about a few things i shot off to chuq and didn't get a response from him either :/ also 2/3 weeks ago

think their just swamped? or should i be concerned?
    I really wouldn't worry to much about it. Mine took a while too. As long as you sent some good information to them in your first email (and not like, hey do I get a free Pre?) then you should be ok.
    Sprint Love
    I'm seeing a lot of people who have Adela as their Dev Relations manager. Anyone have Adam Danielski? He's mine, & I can't find a shipment to my zip with his name as a reference. Can anybody confirm that he also uses his name as a reference like Adela does? I'm hesitant to pester him for info on when a free device is arriving, but I'm very anxious to get it or at least find out when I can expect it. I was approved on 3/1 and I'm a little discouraged to see people who were approved on 3/3 already have theirs.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplificator View Post
    I was approved for a developer device on the 23rd of february but havn't seen any device yet. Also, the UPS site doesn't list it as being shipped yet.

Obviously I can't complain since it's free, but I'm still at the edge of the chair..
    Who's your dev relations manager?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    On the sim card insertion screen once you power it on dial #*DEVMODE# and hit the green call button, that will let you access WebOS without a Sim Card.
    I have not tried my Pre minus without a SIM-card, but I assume this is something special with the dev-phone?! I can't quite see the reasoning behind cutting access to PIM data and the system in whole just because the SIM is out / not working.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Who's your dev relations manager?
    Adam D, so same as you.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of people who have Adela as their Dev Relations manager. Anyone have Adam Danielski? He's mine, & I can't find a shipment to my zip with his name as a reference. Can anybody confirm that he also uses his name as a reference like Adela does? I'm hesitant to pester him for info on when a free device is arriving, but I'm very anxious to get it or at least find out when I can expect it. I was approved on 3/1 and I'm a little discouraged to see people who were approved on 3/3 already have theirs.
    I also got Adam, was approved on 2/23 and also didn't receive anything to date. Neither a Tracking number. UPS also doesn't know about a shipment from him to my zip =(
    I sent my spread sheet Feb 22... Approved March 3rd and Got The Phone Yesterday. I had a small app in the catalog.. maybe thats why. I never got a shipping number.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    I have not tried my Pre minus without a SIM-card, but I assume this is something special with the dev-phone?! I can't quite see the reasoning behind cutting access to PIM data and the system in whole just because the SIM is out / not working.
    It is a webOS 2 thing. There is nothing special about the dev phones.
    I also have adam and nothing yet waiting eagerly
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Is there just a US UMTS version or could you get one that supports the european band?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Just got a call from Adela. She says they received my excel spreadsheet and that they are out of stock of the unlocked developer Pre 2's right now and they are just waiting for a replenish to send mine out. She said it could be 2 weeks or up to a month or more before I receive it. Its coming though!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast