Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Guys i sent my original request on Feb 23 and followed up on March 3 and still have yet to receive a response...is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Guys i sent my original request on Feb 23 and followed up on March 3 and still have yet to receive a response...is this normal?
    Seems to be normal. I didn't hear from anybody for several weeks after my initial request. I didn't get the excel sheet, just a few questions to answer. I replied that day and got the approval email the following day. I did not, however, get a tracking # or even an estimated arrival time. I was approved on 3/1 and haven't received my device yet.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    It may have gotten lost in the shuffle, your request was too late (and may go to the next scheduled round) or your request wasn't compelling enough. The right amount of BS goes a long way apparently.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I was qualified on Mar 2. No responses after.

Just waiting for it very patiently.
    Mine is here!!! (I missed the package, but UPS left a sticker.)

Now I have to wait until 8 to pick it up
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    @tooearly - what state are you in and what time was the deliver attempt?
    Indiana and it says 2:00-5:00PM. My girlfriend was home from 2 to 3 I think, and I got off work at like...3:45, so it must have come in between the ONLY 45 mins no one was home.

That always happens to me.
    Sprint Love
    i sent the initial email in oct and got a response (with a few additional questions) in nov, and the pre2 showed up on my doorstep 2 weeks ago. no idea why it took so long, but glad I got it!
    My wife just sent me a text, "I want this phone"... I thought she had miss-typed "I want this one" because she had just sent a picture of the glass for tonight's beer just before that text. Anyhow, I got out of a meeting and texted her back if any packages had come in... "Read ur <Not Appropriate> text"... I guess she didn't miss-type anything after all and my dev phone is waiting to start testing apps

BTW, timeline...
    2/15 sent first email
    2/19 received email requesting info from me on an Excel spreadsheet
    2/20 I sent off the filled in xls file.
    3/3 received confirmation that I was qualified and would receive device in 10 days
    3/9 received device
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    My wife just sent me a text, "I want this phone"... I thought she had miss-typed "I want this one" because she had just sent a picture of the glass for tonight's beer just before that text. Anyhow, I got out of a meeting and texted her back if any packages had come in... "Read ur <Not Appropriate> text"... I guess she didn't miss-type anything after all and my dev phone is waiting to start testing apps

BTW, timeline...
    2/15 sent first email
    2/19 received email requesting info from me on an Excel spreadsheet
    2/20 I sent off the filled in xls file.
    3/3 received confirmation that I was qualified and would receive device in 10 days
    3/9 received device
    Have you used the scripts for the custom Sprint Pre 2 yet, at least to create it?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    2/17 sent request for developer pre 2
    2/24 additional information requested from me
    3/7 free developer pre 2 approved
    ....waiting.....
    I sent my information in on Feb 24, received notice that I was approved for a device on March 3 and just received it via UPS today (Mar 9).
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Have you used the scripts for the custom Sprint Pre 2 yet, at least to create it?
    No... It's "Saucer" night... Work to bar to home. Can't wait to get home for a change... Usually I don't want to leave the bar and the wife gets mad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ha, I understand.

I just finished 2-ing my Pre, everything went smoothly except a few things, stupid speaker wires and keyboard. That's about it though, a little nerve-racking but I got it done.

Doctoring as we speak.
    Sprint Love
    Speaking with the Palm Dev team, most devices are on backorder and they will have more within a week.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Mine is here!!! (I missed the package, but UPS left a sticker.)

Now I have to wait until 8 to pick it up

exact same thing happened too me today!
    [near sunnyvale, california]
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Mine was also delivered today. Errr... what exactly can I NOT do with this as a developer device that I could normally do with a retail device? Also, what is better with the Pre 2 (my last webOS device was the original Pre 9 months ago)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    Mine was also delivered today. Errr... what exactly can I NOT do with this as a developer device that I could normally do with a retail device? Also, what is better with the Pre 2 (my last webOS device was the original Pre 9 months ago)?
    Have you turned it on yet? The thing is super snappy. It's so much quicker and the build quality it's much nicer. Overall, just what the original Pre should have been.
    Sprint Love
  19.    #159  
    just got my phone in the mail today
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    I got mine as well today :-) I was approved on February 21st, so it took a little over 2 weeks to receive the device after getting the approval e-mail.

I saw that it was sent on Monday, so I already knew it was coming today. You can find out if the device has shipped by going on UPS's website and doing a lookup by reference. Use the name of the developer relations manager that approved you as the reference and type in your zip code.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast