Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    What? It's a GSM only device program. How did you coax her into giving you a VZW Pre 2?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Are any of you still on 1.4.5 on the Pre you already have, and trying to use the same profile for both phones?
    I had an app in the catalog but I pulled it (in November) because it was a countdown app and the date was up. I'm getting my free Pre 2 in 8 more days. Good day.
  4. r9s
    For when I can send requests?
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    What? It's a GSM only device program. How did you coax her into giving you a VZW Pre 2?
    I simply asked if it was GSM only or if there were CDMA units available. She said there were indeed CDMA units...but they were a few weeks behind and if I wouldn't mind waiting she'd be happy to send one instead.
  6.    #126  
    i think these Dev. relations Reps. keep up with the "top" active developers, like, i have been corresponding wiht adela & peter, adela didn't know who i was (as a developer) & she asked for an excell sheet, then, peter emailed (i accdently sent the same email twice) and he said i was qualified & spoke to me as tho he knew my apps specifically.

anyways, point is: i think adela & peter & the rest of the reps get choices of who they respond to, adela seems to be newer devs, peter seems to be older devs, altho, its likely i may be totally wrong.

[Sorry, this must be the least coherently phrased post i have ever posted.]
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TayTaBBBB View Post
    i think these Dev. relations Reps. keep up with the "top" active developers, like, i have been corresponding wiht adela & peter, adela didn't know who i was (as a developer) & she asked for an excell sheet, then, peter emailed (i accdently sent the same email twice) and he said i was qualified & spoke to me as tho he knew my apps specifically.

anyways, point is: i think adela & peter & the rest of the reps get choices of who they respond to, adela seems to be newer devs, peter seems to be older devs, altho, its likely i may be totally wrong.

A bit of topic, but how long did it take to get delivered to your house after the last email? (The one saying you'll be getting a device + tracking information)

And it came UPS right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Are any of you still on 1.4.5 on the Pre you already have, and trying to use the same profile for both phones?
    Are you asking if you can use the same profile for two devices that are active at the same time? If so, then no. A profile can only be active on one device at a time. After you sign into the same profile on a second device, the next time the first device is on the internet, it will initiate an "Erase Apps & Data" and after it reboots, you'll have to sign into another profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    A bit of topic, but how long did it take to get delivered to your house after the last email? (The one saying you'll be getting a device + tracking information)

And it came UPS right?
    I'd also be interested in hearing responses to this... I received an e-mail on Feb 21st stating that I've been qualified and the device should be sent out that week. I haven't received a tracking number or a package yet, so I was wondering roughly how long it takes from receiving the "approval" e-mail to receiving the phone.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfireman82 View Post
    I simply asked if it was GSM only or if there were CDMA units available. She said there were indeed CDMA units...but they were a few weeks behind and if I wouldn't mind waiting she'd be happy to send one instead.
    if you are interested in getting rid of the "extra", please let me know! My day one pre minus is dying (cracked, unresponsive lower right side of sceeen, bubbling in screen, battery lasys 3 hours...and my 3 year old will freak out if he can't play Glow Hockey!)
    can someone please repost the instructions for where and how to request a dev phone? I am signed up for the program, but too bew to know my way around their processes. Thanks.

ps, my plan is to release a category killer version of an app soon. Working title so far is "hello world". I'll probably need a few beta testers once I can pullit together...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    can someone please repost the instructions for where and how to request a dev phone? I am signed up for the program, but too bew to know my way around their processes. Thanks.

ps, my plan is to release a category killer version of an app soon. Working title so far is "hello world". I'll probably need a few beta testers once I can pullit together...
    Email devmarketing@palm.com and request the Pre2. They'll ask you for some basic info (most of them send you an Excel spreadsheet) and then they'll qualify you.

(you can verify the info I listed by going to Mojo and Enyo: Two Great Opportunities | Palm Developer Center Blog and looking a few paragraphs down)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by TayTaBBBB View Post

Peter handled my Pre+ request back in September/October, and he then personally pre-approved me for the Pre2 coupon and the free Pre2. He and I spoke several times after the Pre+ request, but I'm also well known within Developer Relations, so I guess that's why I seem to get "priority service" for devices
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Are you asking if you can use the same profile for two devices that are active at the same time? If so, then no. A profile can only be active on one device at a time. After you sign into the same profile on a second device, the next time the first device is on the internet, it will initiate an "Erase Apps & Data" and after it reboots, you'll have to sign into another profile.
    So everyone has to create a second Palm Profile for the new device to use. And it knows nothing about any app catalog purchases or backed up data from the first profile. Fair enough given the intended use of the device. I'm just trying to make sure I don't screw up my first device through ignorance.
    Adam from Palm responded today that I was qualified and is checking on where they are in the shipping queue. He also kindly mentioned he would expedite review of an app if I needed it since I cannot test it on the physical device, only the emulator. Great service, they really do seem to have all the best intentions for the dev community.
    I am sorry, but at this time we only have a gsm devices.
    Thanks, Adela

Adela Gildo-Mazzon
    HP Palm
    Developer Relations

Don't get me wrong! I'm completely grateful to have even been accepted to receive one, but it would have been nice since I'm on VZW. Oh well
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    typically how long to get your prear when approved
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    02/16 - Sent my request

- 3 days later -

02/19 - Got response with Excel spreadsheet, I replied with it filled out about 5 hours later

- 12 days later -

03/03 - Got response saying I should receive my Pre 2 GSM device "within about 10 business days"

as of now, still waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    02/16 - Sent my request

- 3 days later -

02/19 - Got response with Excel spreadsheet, I replied with it filled out about 5 hours later

- 12 days later -

03/03 - Got response saying I should receive my Pre 2 GSM device "within about 10 business days"

as of now, still waiting.
    Same exact boat as you, have you checked UPS tracking (by reference w/ Adela's name) to see if your package is displayed there? I've been trying but no luck so far.. I'm hoping to get it sometime this week, I'll let you know if I do, but please let me know if you get yours this week as well.

I hate waiting!
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Will do. Though I'm not really going to start looking out for it until 3/17 which is exactly 10 business days. Well, maybe 3/21 since I'll be too excited for St. Patty's Day and too hungover to care about a gadget the next day (3/18). Ha!
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast