Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    Seems we're all (or at the very least, a bunch of us are) in the same boat. Still waiting myself.
    Maybe I should send her an FTD flower bouquet to try and speed mine up?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I sent my application in on the 15th and haven't received a response yet, either. Is there an easy way to make sure that my email arrived?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    After kr_ke's success with following up on his request with Adela, I decided to send her an email too, and got a reply in just under 20 mins, approving my request

Might not be the best idea for everyone to swarm her with emails right now, but a non-pushy, friendly email has done the trick for me, so it might for you
    I sent this message on Feb. 26th:

I am interested in a Pre 2 developer device coupon. I recently became interested in developing for WebOS a few days before your February 9th event. I installed the PDK and the SDK and am becoming familiar with Mojo and javascript. I don't currently have any applications, and I am not registered as a developer account because I do not have a paypal account yet. I have however become active in the PreCentral developer forums, and I have been searching through the doctors of various devices to become familiar with the way apps are built and the structure of the phone. I'm planning on porting a game I made in basic to the Pre, and as I become more familiar I would write more advanced applications. I'm not sure if I would qualify for a coupon, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    And just a minute ago got this response:
    Thank you for your interest in the Developer Device Program. Your request for a discount coupon code has been received and has been submitted for review. You will be contacted for additional information and to address any questions you may have about the program.

Best regards,

Developer Relations Team
    I think I have a decent shot at it, because I already made a main menu for my game with placeholder scenes.. so I can actually send in a couple screenies if they ask.. *crosses fingers*
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Honestly, after sending in my filled-in spreadsheet, I waited a couple weeks and emailed her asking about the status... she replied 2 minutes later telling me that they're shipping it to me.
    I just replied asking her if I still qualified and she hasn't replied back...
    I just got my response back from Adela!

Dear Developer,

Thanks again for inquiring about our complimentary testing device program. We have approved your request and we’ll be sending you a Pre 2 GSM device. You should receive it within about 10 business days.

Once your device is shipped, I will send a tracking number for your reference.

We look forward to working with you and can’t wait to see all your great work! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Adela
    HP Palm
    Developer Relations

Edit:

Anyone who has gotten their device, how long aprox. did it take to get it?

Also, how did it ship? UPS/FedEx?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I just got my response back from Adela!

Edit:

Anyone who has gotten their device, how long aprox. did it take to get it?

Also, how did it ship? UPS/FedEx?
    Me too! Happy day!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Has anyone been able to get a Verizon Pre 2? Or are they only for the GSM Unlocked Pre 2's?
    I believe they're just the GSM version, as they're more than likely just killing backlogged device space.

Not saying it isn't great of them. I was ecstatic when I got my email. Couldn't be happier, this is unheard of service.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Me too! Happy day!
    Likewise! I'm quite happy with the recent reply.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    A few hours ago I got this mail:

"
    Dear Developer,

Thanks again for inquiring about our complimentary testing device program. We have approved your request and we’ll be sending you a Pre 2 GSM device. You should receive it within about 10 business days.

We look forward to working with you and can’t wait to see all your great work! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have additional questions.
    "

Adela is the rep for me too.

This has happened so far:

2/15
    I sent the first mail, asking how I can find out if I'm qualified for the free Pre 2 program

2/20 (5 days later)
    I got the empty excel spreadsheet to fill out.

2/21
    I mailed the excel spreadsheet with info.

3/3 (10 days later)
    I got the confirmation that I am going to get a free Pre 2.

"I'm excite", as Borat would put it :-)
    Ya, I got mine a couple days ago! Welp, I'm happy now that I have 2.1 on my Plus and I'm getting my Pre 2. Today is a good day.
    Im getting my dev pre2 i sent email for $200 off coupon n then i got info on free pre2..
    Will an at&t go phone prepay sim work in it for 3G? Or does cincinnatibell work? Tmobile doesnt ive read. If pre3 cums all over sprint ill use my upgrade.

Dear Developer,
    Thanks again for inquiring about our complimentary testing device program. We have approved your request and we’ll be sending you a Pre 2*GSM device. You should receive it within about 10 business days.
    Best regards,
    Adela Gildo-Mazzon
    HP Palm
    Developer Relations
    i sent an email about 11 days ago no response yet :/ not even asking for my ipks or anything i hope they got it
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    i sent an email about 11 days ago no response yet :/ not even asking for my ipks or anything i hope they got it
    Be patient. You'll get one.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I sent my request on Feb 20 and have not received a reply yet...

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I wonder if they prefer applicants to have a company, since they ask for company name in the spreadsheet, or if "individual developers" are more eligible.

{I never liked playing with cards — until webOS made it useful}
    I think they may be sending out devices to their top most important devs and leaving the less important to the end... At least that's what happened to me with the free Pre Plus I got a while ago.
    I actually got my GSM Pre 2 a few days back. I had been emailing with Adela and she said she was sending me a VZ Pre 2. Apparently there was a mixup and now she said to keep the GSM and the VZ would be on the way soon. They have a few weeks delay on the VZ Dev devices. Just to note, I never actually receive the formal confirmation notice many of you seem to have...my pre 2 just showed up.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast