Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 297
  1. #61  
    I hope my request get's approved soon. Sent request 21st and haven't heard anything yet...
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    this is what i got after my first email



    My name is ******* and I am a Developer Relations Manager here at HP|Palm. Thank you for your interest in HP|Palm's Free Pre 2 Device program.

    In order to get you qualified I will need some information. This information is confidential and will be used only to qualify you for the free Pre 2 device. Please email me back (*******@palm.com) with the following information:

    Business Name or Developer Name:
    Full Name:
    Web site/ link/ or attached screen shot of your application:
    Business Address:
    Business Phone Number:

    The address and phone number are for shipping purposes and will not be used in any other capacity.

    Along with the information you provide, I would love to hear about your current and future plans for webOS development. I would also encourage you to join our developer community at developer.palm.com if you have not done so already.

    If you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to email me at ********@palm.com. Thank you and I look forward to being your advocate here at Palm!

    Best Regards,

    ********
    Developer Relations Manager - HP|Palm, Inc
    That's nothing like the email I got...

    Thank you for your interest in our complimentary testing device program. In order to qualify you for a complimentary GSM Pre 2 device, I will first need some basic information from you.

    I’ve attached an Excel spreadsheet for you to complete. Simply enter the requested information and return the completed file as soon as possible. Please note: Any missing information could delay your request.

    If you are not already a webOS developer, I wanted to take this opportunity to share some information with you about our Developer Program []Developing and Distributing with HP - HP Palm Developer Center. We offer lots of great benefits and support to our developers throughout the development process. We also have an active and vibrant developer community.

    Enrollment in the Developer Program is completely optional and not a condition of receiving a free testing device. Please note that all fees are now waived. There is no cost associated with enrolling in our Developer Program or submitting applications. [https://developer.palm.com/index.php...=page&id=1875]

    Please let me know if you have additional questions.

    I look forward to working with you.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    That's nothing like the email I got...
    I've read from people on the forum that they've gotten both responses, one like yours and one like that other one.

    I'm sure it's the same exact thing, one person at Palm does it a different way than others.

    Edit:

    Still waiting...
    Sprint Love
  4. #64  
    Has anyone who earlier got the '$200 off developer coupon' also gotten the 'developer free Pre 2'?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Actually, yes. I got an email from a different Palm address telling me I qualified for the $200 off coupon later the same day I applied for the free Pre 2.

    So, basically, I qualified and could have likely gotten both (but opted for the free unit, obv).
    Whaaa? Why would you do such a thing.
    Sprint Love
  6. #66  
    What is the email that we send the request to?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  7. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    What is the email that we send the request to?
    It's in this blog post:
    Making the Transition to webOS 2.0 and Beyond | Palm Developer Center Blog
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
  8. #68  
    Got mine yesterday! HP Palm rocks!
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
  9. #69  
    Do I have to be registered as a developer to qualify for a free Pre 2? I don't think I'm registered with them but I have everything installed. I just recently got interested in programming for this device and I'm starting to get familiar with Mojo.. I could probably devise a plan for an app and get an early screenshot in a day or two would that be enough to qualify?
  10. #70  
    these forums have been acting crazy..
    Last edited by fxspec06; 02/25/2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: double post
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Do I have to be registered as a developer to qualify for a free Pre 2? I don't think I'm registered with them but I have everything installed. I just recently got interested in programming for this device and I'm starting to get familiar with Mojo.. I could probably devise a plan for an app and get an early screenshot in a day or two would that be enough to qualify?
    Welcome to the Palm dev. community!
    email & ask, likely if you provide proof that your actively developing they will qualify you!
    Palm GBU & dev. relations team are great with communication. (and just about everything else)
    also, getting a developer account is easy to do on palms website (and free if your planning on developing open source apps)
    Last edited by TayTaBBBB; 02/25/2011 at 07:07 PM.
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

    Twitter
  12. #72  
    alright guys I'm at the engadget reader meetup and I just got good news. I received an email that I will be sent a Pre2 and on top of that here at the engadget event. The sprint rep confirmed to me that sprint will get the pre3
  13. #73  
    yee
  14. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #74  
    So, has anyone else who sent their original request in on the 15th (the day it was announced) not received any sort of reply yet? I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one, which makes me worry my email was lost somewhere in the tubes of the internets.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    So, has anyone else who sent their original request in on the 15th (the day it was announced) not received any sort of reply yet? I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one, which makes me worry my email was lost somewhere in the tubes of the internets.
    I'm with you my friend. Still waiting. I did a test and sent a request from my girlfriends email account its been a few days so far. So I'm sure they're swamped.. Maybe I'll wait another week and if I don't get anything back I'll send them another email.

    I'm sure we'll get a response soon! Don't worry.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  16. #76  
    yeah the guy that handled my account said they were swamped with requests
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by TayTaBBBB View Post
    Welcome to the Palm dev. community!
    email & ask, likely if you provide proof that your actively developing they will qualify you!
    Palm GBU & dev. relations team are great with communication. (and just about everything else)
    also, getting a developer account is easy to do on palms website (and free if your planning on developing open source apps)
    Thanks
    I doubt I'll qualify because I don't have a paypal account, so I'm not technically a developer. That, and I don't currently have any apps. I have an outline for a music app that I'm probably never going to write lol. But I decided it wouldn't hurt, so I went ahead and sent them an email. We'll see what kind of response I get.
  18. #78  
    same thing, don't have an app and received an email, asking me some informations (adress etc) and informations on my app/project

    Crosing fingers!
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!
  19. Popple3's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #79  
    I sent my first email on the 16th and received a reply on the 20th looking for me to fill out the spreadsheet. I filled it out and sent it back straight away, but haven't received a reply about that yet.

    I'm worried my request might have gotten lost in th sea of requests, but I don't wanna seem pushy emailing about it looking for an update... :/

    Edit: I also have no apps created at the moment, but I have begun development on one and have outlines for others. Maybe I should send a really polite email like "Sorry to bug you, but..." :P
  20. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Popple3 View Post
    I sent my first email on the 16th and received a reply on the 20th looking for me to fill out the spreadsheet. I filled it out and sent it back straight away, but haven't received a reply about that yet.

    I'm worried my request might have gotten lost in th sea of requests, but I don't wanna seem pushy emailing about it looking for an update... :/

    Edit: I also have no apps created at the moment, but I have begun development on one and have outlines for others. Maybe I should send a really polite email like "Sorry to bug you, but..." :P
    I sent my original email in on the 15th, and have heard nothing back yet. Not even a request for more info.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions