Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Excuse my slowness what carrier is the Pre 2 on that they are sending?
    It is on no specific carrier, it's an unlocked UMTS phone. When you get it, it will look exactly like mine in the pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    It took two days. I actually didn't fill anything in for the App section of the Excel sheet because I didn't have any yet. I got an email back from Palm asking if I had any future app's planned. And I replied with a short paragraph of what I was planning. Two days later I got approved and I just received my phone last night which was four days after getting approved.
    I got my first response (w/ excel sheet) on Feb. 19th, sent my response (w/ filled in excel sheet) on Feb. 21st. Should I be worried yet? I'm hoping I qualify seeing as I actually have made an app just not on the market yet. It's been past 2 days :-\
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I got my first response (w/ excel sheet) on Feb. 19th, sent my response (w/ filled in excel sheet) on Feb. 21st. Should I be worried yet? I'm hoping I qualify seeing as I actually have made an app just not on the market yet. It's been past 2 days :-\
    I am in about the same boat. I sent the filled out Excel sheet on Sun. (Feb. 20), but have yet to receive an answer as to if I qualify. I think they may just need a little time on this. My first email from them took a while to get a reply.
    I sent my first mail to devmarkerting on the 16th asking how to qualify.

I received a mail on the 21st from the developer relations manager with some questions which I answered on the 22nd in quite a long mail.

Today, the 23rd, I received a mail from the same guy telling me I qualified for a Pre 2 and would be receiving one shortly.

So the first mail took a few days but once I was assigned a contact person at HP it was very quick from there. All in all a very painless process.
    Last edited by Amplificator; 02/23/2011 at 03:51 PM.
    It is on no specific carrier, it's an unlocked UMTS phone. When you get it, it will look exactly like mine in the pic:
    What bands is it for?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Any one in Europe get one? Is it a gsm phone, which frequencies?

thanks
    I got approved, but havn't received it yet.
    I'm from Denmark in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplificator View Post
    What bands is it for?
    Take a look at this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/2766034-post1.html
    I guess I should have some patience right?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I guess I should have some patience right?
    I guess they have a lot of people asking how to qualify, so I would wait a bit longer if I were you. They will get through all mails eventually.
    this is what i got after my first email

My name is ******* and I am a Developer Relations Manager here at HP|Palm. Thank you for your interest in HP|Palm's Free Pre 2 Device program.

In order to get you qualified I will need some information. This information is confidential and will be used only to qualify you for the free Pre 2 device. Please email me back (*******@palm.com) with the following information:

Business Name or Developer Name:
    Full Name:
    Web site/ link/ or attached screen shot of your application:
    Business Address:
    Business Phone Number:

The address and phone number are for shipping purposes and will not be used in any other capacity.

Along with the information you provide, I would love to hear about your current and future plans for webOS development. I would also encourage you to join our developer community at developer.palm.com if you have not done so already.

If you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to email me at ********@palm.com. Thank you and I look forward to being your advocate here at Palm!

Best Regards,

Developer Relations Manager - HP|Palm, Inc
    I just got mine today. I had to get a pre-paid AT&T sim with data to activate it though.
    since they asked for a screenshot should i just take a screenshot of my pre running the app? its not yet in the market or available.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    since they asked for a screenshot should i just take a screenshot of my pre running the app? its not yet in the market or available.
    That, or use the emulator.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  14.    #54  
    just got a response!
    said I'd qualified and asked for my address & number!

so stoked to begin developing on it
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    sweet i just sent them a screen shot of my app along with my info hopefully i get a reply soon

i will be sprinting the pre 2 if i get it.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman821 View Post
    I just got mine today. I had to get a pre-paid AT&T sim with data to activate it though.
    Where did you get it (the card?) AT&T Store?
    You can also do this:

The activation-bypass tool is not needed for webOS 2.0 devices.
    1. Go to the phone app.
    2. On a GSM phone, press "#*DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. On a CDMA phone, press "##DEVMODE#". (If the device is GSM, and there is no SIM card, a screen may be displayed instructing you to install one. Just begin typing the "#*" and the phone app will appear.)
    3. The Developer Mode scene will be displayed.
    4. Select "On". You will be prompted to re-boot the device.
    From http://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2051&Itemid=26
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Still waiting...
    Sprint Love
    I still haven't heard anything back after I sent in screenshots yesterday. Here's to hoping tomorrow I get the good news
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I sent my request on the 15th. Just heard back today with an email requesting more information to see if I was qualified. Replied today and am waiting for response from that. Looks like patience is all that's needed.

- Phil -
    I sent them a mail asking, and they said I woulkd be getting the EU version with bands for Europe. That would be 2100 for 3G and not 1900 as in the US I think.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast