Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    When did you send your request, and what did you put in the email? I am afraid I made my email too informal, as I was quite rushed when I sent it in. I was convinced that I needed to get it in ASAP, and sent it just before I needed to be somewhere...
    I sent my request about 40min. after the program was announced, (feb 14th i think)

my request was way way way casual, all i said was:

Hi! I am wondering what qualifies a developer for a free Pre 2.
    Thanks!-
    Last edited by TayTaBBBB; 02/20/2011 at 07:06 PM.
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    I got my response just the other day, got to fill out my excel sheet and back it goes.

Hopefully I can get one and develop my app better.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    I received an email on sat, 2/19/11. Gotta fill out an xls sheet and send it back to see if I qualify.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I received an email tonight that asked for a name, address, and a screenshot of my app in development. I'll post any reply I receive once I respond.

Got the same email as anifan. Responded with my original email (which had all but the screenshot in it and a bunch of details about what I was hoping to accomplish), attached the email and reclarified my name/shipping info, etc.

Crossing my fingers.

If I get it, can I activate it to work on wifi without a carrier?
    Any one in Europe get one? Is it a gsm phone, which frequencies?

thanks
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Has anyone gotten an email back after they sent in their revised excel sheet? I just sent mine back in this morning, waiting for the response.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Has anyone gotten an email back after they sent in their revised excel sheet? I just sent mine back in this morning, waiting for the response.
    I think it's "tooearly" for me to get a response. I just sent it off last night. Hopefully I'll hear something back today or tomorrow.
    I sent a email requesting a Pre 2 but have not heard back from them. I think i sent mine in on the 15th

Does anyone know if It GSM only or can you get a CDMA as I'm on Verizon
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I believe it's GSM only.
    Sprint Love
    I wonder who we contact to find out if we have been accepted or not as it seems that others have already got responses from the same day
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Heard they were swamped.
    I got my response the day after I asked. I also asked about a CDMA Pre 2 and was advised they are available in 2 weeks and was asked if I wanted to wait. Not sure if they are VZ or open to be on any CDMA carrier, still waiting on a response for that.
    Anyone else heard back about their recent request? I've got nothing yet, it only been a day though.
    Sprint Love
    Anyone else heard back about their recent request? I've got nothing yet, it only been a day though.
    Yeah I got this back on the 18th:

"Dear Developer,

Thank you for your interest in our complimentary Pre 2 developer device program. Your request for a Pre 2 GSM developer device has been processed and approved. Please allow about 10 business days (or less) to receive the device.

I will send you a tracking number, once this is provided to me by our shipping department.

You applications would make a great addition to our app catalog!

I look forward to a mutually fruitful business relationship.

Best regards,"

So far no tracking number
    Not in a rush because the first thing I'm going to do is swap the comms board from my Sprint Pre and Meta Dr the Pre 2. But since WebOS Internals Devs are still working on perfecting it I can wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbarber89 View Post
    There is no free developer Pre 2. It is merely a $200 off coupon code for the HP Small/Medium business website.

And yes, I already got my code and my Pre 2!
    Actually. There is.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Yeah I got this back on the 18th:

"Dear Developer,

Thank you for your interest in our complimentary Pre 2 developer device program. Your request for a Pre 2 GSM developer device has been processed and approved. Please allow about 10 business days (or less) to receive the device.

I will send you a tracking number, once this is provided to me by our shipping department.

You applications would make a great addition to our app catalog!

I look forward to a mutually fruitful business relationship.

Best regards,"

So far no tracking number
    Not in a rush because the first thing I'm going to do is swap the comms board from my Sprint Pre and Meta Dr the Pre 2. But since WebOS Internals Devs are still working on perfecting it I can wait.
    How long did it take from when you sent your excel sheet back in to get approved?

Also, did you write anything special on the excel sheet?

Sprint Love
    How long did it take from when you sent your excel sheet back in to get approved?

Also, did you write anything special on the excel sheet?

It took two days. I actually didn't fill anything in for the App section of the Excel sheet because I didn't have any yet. I got an email back from Palm asking if I had any future app's planned. And I replied with a short paragraph of what I was planning. Two days later I got approved and I just received my phone last night which was four days after getting approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbarber89 View Post
    There is no free developer Pre 2. It is merely a $200 off coupon code for the HP Small/Medium business website.

And yes, I already got my code and my Pre 2!
    Actually, they've extended it to being free Pre 2 devices for all qualified developers now.
    Excuse my slowness what carrier is the Pre 2 on that they are sending?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast