Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think they just started sending more out recently. I think they're sending a lot of them out. It's a big risk, because a guy like me may or may not make a ton of apps. I could put out ZERO apps, but in the end it works out awesome for HP. Why? Because sending out free phones to developers is, plain and simply, f****** awesome! It's great PRPRPR. $That$, $and$ $they$ $get$ $apps$! $Win$/$win$/$win$..

I do believe that HP is "tri-winning"!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I was told today that they have discontinued the promotion, but they said they'd be announcing another promotion soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think they just started sending more out recently. I think they're sending a lot of them out. It's a big risk, because a guy like me may or may not make a ton of apps. I could put out ZERO apps, but in the end it works out awesome for HP. Why? Because sending out free phones to developers is, plain and simply, f****** awesome! It's great PRPRPR. $That$, $and$ $they$ $get$ $apps$! $Win$/$win$/$win$..

I do believe that HP is "tri-winning"!

I was one of the very lucky devs to get a free Pre 2 - got mine at the end of Feb and released my first app, B'lox! mid April. My next app is about to go up on the App Catalog (hopefully be there by the end of next week) and I'm working on two more right now for release in the next couple of months.

It's definitely a win for me, HP and other Pre owners. And I love the phone too - I'd never have chosen a Pre prior to the freebie. Now I'm considering the tablet
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I was told today that they have discontinued the promotion, but they said they'd be announcing another promotion soon...
    This is so sad... unless of course they start sending out pre3's.
  5. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I just got my email about this as well. This really sucks.
    I was just going to submit my first app today and was looking forward to having a 2.0 device to test it on.

I emailed back to see if the discount coupon program was still going.
    Anyone heard anything about that program?
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    I just got my email about this as well. This really sucks.
    I was just going to submit my first app today and was looking forward to having a 2.0 device to test it on.

I emailed back to see if the discount coupon program was still going.
    Anyone heard anything about that program?
    If you can't get a discount coupon,and you really need one and your actually gonna use it. pm me, i'll give you mine.
  7. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I did get approved for a discount app awhile ago and then they announced the free device program so I didn't use the coupon.

Thanks for the offer, let me think about that for a little bit.

I know I'd use it so that's not the issue.
    Don't you need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    I did get approved for a discount app awhile ago and then they announced the free device program so I didn't use the coupon.

Thanks for the offer, let me think about that for a little bit.

I know I'd use it so that's not the issue.
    Don't you need it?
    i was going to use it to get my sister a pre2 but since the veer is coming to att, and i got my free dev device, i can just upgrade and hand down the pre2 to her. or she can upgrade and i can stay with the pre2 either way it isn't as much of an issue as it was before. anyway offer still stands if you need it.
    I got a discount coupon in feb, it says it expires on June 30th 2011, but i got stuck on building my first app to receive a free dev pre 2, so hopefully my coupon will still work. Has anyone used a coupon for a pre 2 since they stopped the free dev phones?
    Shocked & Surprised. Got mine today. Yeeeeeehhaaah !

20th Feb Initial Request
    1st March Reply from Palm with xls spreadsheet
    21st March Update from Palm that I am approved. But out of stock of devices.
    4th May I sent a email asking for update. (After reading the post about program being discontinued)
    6th May UPS delivery with shiny new Pre2! (Sent on 4th May as a response to my question?)

Now I really need to make some time to finish my apps ready for release !
    Got mine today too!

Applied on Feb 26th, got positive response on Mar 16th, device arrived on May 9th.
    I got mine today as well. Too bad it's a UNA (North America) device instead of European (I live in Belgium), but my provider doesn't have 3G data in most places anyway so I'll manage.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Just got a surprise package from Palm. I was wondering why UPS was requesting a signature for some unknown device. I had given up on this program months back. Turns out that they sent me a Pre 2 just a couple days ago.

Biggest surprise of my year so far.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Just got a surprise package from Palm. I was wondering why UPS was requesting a signature for some unknown device. I had given up on this program months back. Turns out that they sent me a Pre 2 just a couple days ago.

Biggest surprise of my year so far.
    WOW, that's crazy. I think everybody forgot about the program, including me. I wonder if I'll get one.
    Well i got in contact with HP|Palm back in march like everyone else but after a few emails there were no more replies, until 3 days ago when i emailed Adam (my rep) again and he emailed me back within 5 minutes saying they would dispatch one out to me (UK) and to provide my address, so now i play the waiting game and im not sure whether to email him again and ask if there is a tracking no. for reference.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Hey let me know about this as my original sprint palm pre is dead and i would like a GSM dev version to get coding again with. I live outside of the US now so i am unable to just pick one up on contract with sprint or verizion.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    O...M...F...G. My Pre 2 actually came! :O i didnt think it would! Now to start deving on my new app idea.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415