Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    So do they actually tell you if you are approved?

All I've done is send the form and some screen shots and then got the line of being out of stock.

Does that mean I'm approved?

This process leaves a bit to be desired, but it's maybe a free phone so who am I to complain...
    Just mail them again for clarification
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  2. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. I shot and email out and got a response last night that I'm approved! Yes!

Now to decide which version I want. Seems like AT&T is the better choice to me, but what did everyone else pick?
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    Now to decide which version I want. Seems like AT&T is the better choice to me, but what did everyone else pick?
    Germany / Unlocked GSM Pre 2
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I received a free developer GSM Palm Pre 2 a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, our company has decided to stop developing for WebOS and move on to focus our attention on iOS and Android (not my call).

So, I have a Palm Pre 2 that has only been turned on to verify that it works correctly. All of the items inside the box are unopened and the device still has the screen protector on it.

I'm posting this because obviously I'm not going to sell the device, as I believe that is an unethical thing to do. I would like to acquire an Android device (EVO 4G mint/new), but didn't know if it was acceptable to trade the developer device for another phone. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I would just hate for the phone to sit in the box and collect dust if someone else can use it, but I realize that it has value so I'm just looking for another device so we can begin development on the Android platform.

Thanks in advance for any opinions on this.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    @tylerdurden689

I'm due an upgrade so I could easily get an android and do an exchange for it but I'm actually holding out for a pre3 when the time comes. Plus I'm still holding out hope for a dev pre2 of my own though I doubt it at this point. Perhaps someone else in a similar situation can get their upgrade and do an exchange with you. If not I'd gladly take it as a donation (tax write-off!) since I am developing on my pre- at the moment. :P
    Thanks for the response lupos. Yeah, I'm just hoping that someone would be willing to trade an Evo for it.

I'll keep the tax write-off in mind
    Got this message. I havn't been approved yet, but I was told I was put on the waiting list. I'm not expecting any packages because he never asked for my address or info.

We did have a shipment come in about 4 weeks ago, but we ran out again. We are currently waiting on our next shipment to come in. This should be within the next three weeks.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I sent my original request 2/22, was told it was approved on 3/8, and received an update on 4/5 that they are still working through orders. It's tough to be patient, but it'll arrive eventually. I detailed the long wait for my free Pre Plus earlier in this thread.
    And mine is now en route, scheduled to arrive 4/25. Now it's time to apply my patience to waiting for a Playbook to arrive.
    And mine is now en route, scheduled to arrive 4/25. Now it's time to apply my patience to waiting for a Playbook to arrive.
    ...does BB "sell" free Playbooks, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    ...does BB "sell" free Playbooks, too?
    They do if you turned in a functional app by the end of March!
    They do if you turned in a functional app by the end of March!
    Hmmm... Too late I think

But that's something HP could do with the TouchPad too, may help getting devs for it.
    Wow. I cannot believe it. Let me rephrase that: I am in total disbelief.

I just received a Pre 2 in the mail, after no response, whatsoever from HP...

Mind = Blown

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    so jealous!
    *re-crosses fingers*
  14. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Dang I'm jealous as well.

But on the bright side it has been about 2 weeks and that's when they were expecting a new shipment so maybe I won't be too far behind.
    Got mine today! Woohoo! Thanks HPalm!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    have you guys both made apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    have you guys both made apps?
    I don't have an app in the app catalogue, because no paypal account at the moment, but yes, I have made an app (in progress) and put it on my Pre Plus.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I don't have an app in the app catalogue, because no paypal account at the moment, but yes, I have made an app (in progress) and put it on my Pre Plus.
    Was it done or "showable" when you originally signed up to receive one?
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Was it done or "showable" when you originally signed up to receive one?
    It wasn't 'done', but I had it up and running in the emulator. And when I say up and running, I mean I had a few scenes made, but no core app functions. I also included a video of a game I made in BASIC a while ago, taken with my camera, on the TI-83+ (which is what I plan on porting).

I actually forgot that I did all of this until I looked at the email I sent them just now, from wayyyyy back on March 15th.

This gives me a TON more incentive to move forward in developing for WebOS. Not even joking.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Well hopefully they liked what I had to say. I emailed them on march 21st. Guh, want one so bad. Still going to buy a pre3 when the time comes but it would make developing a lot nicer if I had a development phone that I didn't have to worry about.

Thanks for the info.