Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Just got a reply from Adam. They are out of Pre 2's so they are offering $200 coupons instead. He offered to put me on a wait list if they ever get any more Pre 2's.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Got my response today after about 3 weeks. Original email sent 3/1/2011.

"Dear Developer:

Thank you for providing your information Im happy to say that you have qualified for our free testing device program! However, due to the tremendous response from developers, we are currently out of Pre 2 GSM testing devices.

The good news, however, is that we expect a new stock of devices to arrive shortly, so Ill make sure you receive a device as soon as theyre available."

Needless to say that I am super psyched and will be downloading the 2.0 SDK ASAP!

Anyone know if I have to activate this on a carrier in order for it to function properly? I was thinking of using the AT&T $2/day pay-as-you go rather than signing another contract (I'm on Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    Anyone know if I have to activate this on a carrier in order for it to function properly? I was thinking of using the AT&T $2/day pay-as-you go rather than signing another contract (I'm on Sprint).
    You do not have to activate the phone to use it, you can bypass the activation process by following the steps Here. Scroll down to find the webOS 2.0 instructions.

if you have a sprint pre, you could also swap the comm board into the pre 2. instructions can be found at webOS internals Here.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Thats good, still havent received any mail from peter helm.

edit: Speak of the devil. he just emailed me just asked me some more followup questions.
    Last edited by giggles; 03/22/2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just got a shipping confirmation email from Adela with my UPS tracking number.

Pickup scan was about 2 and a half hours ago, so I'm guessing either the new shipment has come in, or they had more than they thought
    Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3330 -> Sharp GX10 -> Nokia 3410 -> Siemens C66 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy Europa/Samsung Wave/iPhone 3G -> Palm Pre 2
    What have been saying. Patience!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    What have been saying. Patience!
    But I want it noooowwwwww!

Edit: And now I have it :P
    Just in case anyone is wondering: Email to pdc - 16th Feb, request for info - 20th Feb, approved - 2nd Mar, device sent - 22nd Mar, device recieved - 24th Mar
    Last edited by Popple3; 03/24/2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3330 -> Sharp GX10 -> Nokia 3410 -> Siemens C66 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy Europa/Samsung Wave/iPhone 3G -> Palm Pre 2
    Spoken with Adela today, if you have *not* been contacted by Palm email devmarketing at palm.com as you've probably fallen through the cracks.
    Last edited by Groovephase; 03/29/2011 at 02:45 AM.
    I just received an email from Adam saying I've been approved but they're out of stock. They'll send one as soon as they're available again.

So now I'm in the happy stage, I wonder when I'll start to wonder if they've got new stock again
    Check out Movie Diary.
    I got an email from Adela letting me know I am in the queues for a palm pre 2. I emailed her originally when the free program came out.. got a response 2 weeks after asking for more info.. then 3 weeks later got an email saying its going to be shipped when they get more.. that was last week. hope a tracking id comes my way soon.
    I sent my request in on February 15th and hadn't gotten any response back yesterday so I emailed them to check up on it. Apparently Adam's email system ate my response email that he sent out in February, so I never got it. I gave Adam my information, some screenshots of my apps, we chatted for a bit and that was it. No word on if I was approved or denied and he didn't mention anything about being out of devices, so I don't know where I stand yet. Here's to hoping.

Edit: Ok, so I just got an email from Adam a few minutes ago. Apparently he saw my post here on the forums and felt he should send me an email to address my concerns before they even became ones. Now, I'm a college student working on small name apps with no visibility (none even released yet, but in a couple of months that should be different!) and I have to say that I've always received excellent support from the developer relations team and that's one of the primary reasons I develop for the platform. To think that they provide that level of support to even the smallest developers is amazing. I don't care what anybody says, HP and Palm are going to stick around if for no other reason that they take care of their developers on a one to one basis.
    Last edited by A.Stice; 03/25/2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I sent my request Feb 16th to devmarketing-at-palm.com. I haven't received a response, but I'm sure there are many more important apps than the 2 I am working on heading to the platform. Is there something I should know? I'm sure they were inundated with requests. As it stands now, I no longer have a dev device to test on, only the VM. :-(
    nothing new for me except an email saying that I was still on the list. I got the email a couple of days ago.
    Adam told me that they were out of devices, but at least they are communicating, which is good. I never expect anything for free, so if I get one, it is a bonus.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Right, if I get one it's a bonus. Otherwise, I'm getting a Veer.
    Can anybody send me Adam's email, I'm going back home to Europe on 26th and I was hoping to receive one by then (emailed them a month ago), but it might be tight. Just to check with the man if it's likely or not.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I can't wait for my dev Pre 2 to arrive. I'm stuck on an iPhone 3G until it does and I hate that thing.

More accurately I hate how slow the iPhone 3G is after iOS 4.2. iOS itself is not to bad (although I prefer webOS by a long shot). When I re-read my post this morning it sounded kind of trollish so I wanted to clear that up. =)
    Last edited by H0g4n; 03/29/2011 at 10:53 AM.
    According to Adam on the developer forums, they got a new shipment for US developers and shipped them out yesterday/today. I think I'm one of the lucky ones as there is a shipment from Adam to my zipcode enroute!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Awesome that means that we should be getting them up here in Canada and around the world soon as well. =)
    where are you following this on the dev forum?