Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sepherous View Post
    same here. so effing bummed out. I guess we missed the boat
    I got approved yesterday... Although he said he couldn't promise a day or time as to when it would ship.

Do you have any proof you're working on an app, or do you have one? I can't imagine they'd give one out unless you have a screenshot or two. (At a minimum)
    Last edited by qurazyquisp; 03/17/2011 at 10:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qurazyquisp View Post
    Do you have any proof you're working on an app, or do you have one? I can't imagine they'd give one out unless you have a screenshot or two. (At a minimum)
    I was approved without any proof of apps. I have a small portfolio of projects on my site (which I sent them), but no webOS apps.

I was told on the 2nd that I'd have it within 10 business days, but haven't received it yet. I'm hoping it'll arrive today, but without a tracking number I don't know if I will or not
    Oof thats worse than me, confirmation on the 10th and nothing has been shipping (using ups tracking to the uk to keep an eye).

I think they just need to communicate whats happening, I dont mind waiting but not knowing what's happening is frustrating.
    I don't know if you guys have read this thread but there has been a delay on some of the shipments because they ran out. I'm sure they've restocked now and also all the people who have gotten them, including myself, have not gotten a tracking number.

They just received the device usually within 4 days. If you haven't received yours, wait until 10 business days like the email says.

I'm sure you'll get it if they said you had qualified for it. Just have patience.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    I had heard that, my point is that we should be hearing it from them, not a post on the forum

It's been about 18 days so far
    They probably are swamped with other things that are a little more important than tracking numbers for people who want free devices.

I understand the impatience though, I went through it too.

Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I don't know if you guys have read this thread but there has been a delay on some of the shipments because they ran out. I'm sure they've restocked now and also all the people who have gotten them, including myself, have not gotten a tracking number.

They just received the device usually within 4 days. If you haven't received yours, wait until 10 business days like the email says.

I'm sure you'll get it if they said you had qualified for it. Just have patience.
    I've been keeping a close eye on this thread since I first discovered it. I have waited the 10 business days; This is the 11th business day now and Adela has sent out devices to others since I was approved.

I'm not complaining though, I'm just anxious to get my hands on it. I'll wait another while before annoying anyone with emails. I wouldn't be a high profile developer (no previous webOS apps at all), so I can imagine I could have been put aside for the moment to accommodate current devs first.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I wonder whether it matters if you have not released an app yet?

Have all those who have received a response released an app?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I wonder whether it matters if you have not released an app yet?

Have all those who have received a response released an app?
    As I said above, I haven't released an app yet, but I was approved. It makes sense to welcome new devs into the ecosystem really. Current devs are likely enough to continue anyway I'd say
    See the thing is I dont mind waiting, I dont mind not having a tracking number, I do mind being kept out of the loop.

Has the device shipped or is it on back order for a month? etc. A quick email from Adela would sort out most of the issues.

More to the point, this program has attracted lots of interest from new developers (myself included), remember that this is the first time that they will have dealt with Palm/Hp on a professional level.

As they say, there is only one first time and communications issues such as these will give a negative overall impression.

I understand that they are under pressure, which begs the question, why are they not getting more support to help with the workload?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Groove, you need to chill out man they have actual tasks in managing other things this developer program is something that is very special how many companies do this and to this extent. If you checked the Palm Developer Forums they said devices have been backlogged and they can respond to everyone do to being swamped in emails. This isnt even a automated process its very time consuming and only about 3 devs working on it.
    I'm not worried about the wait. More about the fact that Adam only mentioned a coupon code, not a free Pre 2.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I emailed Adela last night, and despite the fact I was told I would receive a device in 10 business days back on the 2nd of March, my device was not sent out, and I've been told my device wasn't sent and I'm on the list to receive one when a new shipment arrives.

While I'm not annoyed that I'm on a waiting list, I understand that, I am annoyed that I wasn't informed otherwise until I contacted Adela. As said above, the lack of communication sours a persons view of the Dev Relations dept. in HP/Palm.

I guess I can stop refreshing UPS about a million times a day now...
    Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3330 -> Sharp GX10 -> Nokia 3410 -> Siemens C66 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy Europa/Samsung Wave/iPhone 3G -> Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Is there a direct email to contact Adela. Because Peter helm is not talking to any of his developers I would like to try talking to Adela.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Is there a direct email to contact Adela. Because Peter helm is not talking to any of his developers I would like to try talking to Adela.
    ?? I got an email from Peter a couple days ago. It takes significant time between corespondance but he's there.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    ?? I got an email from Peter a couple days ago. It takes significant time between corespondance but he's there.

Well I initially responded back to his email on the 6th. Then sent a followup email on the 16th. Still no response. Also from checking the palm dev forums apparently there out of devices and are waiting on hp to see if they can receive more.
    I've emailed Adela asking for clarification on the issue, will post if or when I get a reply.
    When I made the request for a free Pre Plus last year, from the time I sent my first email to the time that I actually received my free device, it took about six weeks, so while it can be difficult, patience is definitely a virtue in this situation.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Hey guys I still haven't heard anything and I sent my request on the 23 of feb should I be concerned?

No.

Sprint Love