1.    #1  
    I am working on my KDic/ZDic port project and meet a strange problem.

When user running a PDK application and even exit then, ZDic application , more accurately , its service, fail to access the files on /media/internal/ClassicApps/PALM/programs/MSFILES/ . But if user rename the MSFILES folder to anything and rename it back by InternalZ, the service works again. However, if I call Filemgr to rename it in ZDic application, it doesn't work but Filemgr report it succeed. I really wonder why it makes such a difference and need a way to solve this, as letting user to rename such a deep folder manually is too unfriendly.

Added: Indeed do anything on /media/internal/ by InternalZ, like rename a file under /media/internal/ which totally unrevelant to ZDic, will make ZDic service to work again.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by WindBellKL; 02/13/2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: mistype
    First, it is /media/internal, not /media/internals .. If you were calling it internals, then that is your problem.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    First, it is /media/internal, not /media/internals .. If you were calling it internals, then that is your problem.
    I am sorry for this mistyping, but it is right in the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindBellKL View Post
    I am sorry for this mistyping, but it is right in the program.
    I just wanted to be certain that wasn't your problem.

Secondly, are you doing this on 1.4.5? If so, you need to install the fstab fixer in Preware for proper file access (if you're writing files).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I just wanted to be certain that wasn't your problem.

Secondly, are you doing this on 1.4.5? If so, you need to install the fstab fixer in Preware for proper file access (if you're writing files).
    Yes,1.4.5
    Reading only, no writing.
    I just wonder why Internalz works meanwhile my program failed. I do this: give 2 menu item, one rename, the other rename back. First I tap item1 to rename, and open Internalz and see it is renamed. Then I tap item2 to rename back, open Internalz and verify it is renamed back. But after doing this my program still cannot read it while rename by Internalz can make my program to work. Unfortunately, I don't find anything when reading code of Internalz.