1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any info about where the messaging and call logs database is stored for the Palm Pre 2 / WebOS 2?

I've been searching the forums and site but I can only find info for WebOS1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    bump
    we don't have access to the 2.0 sdk yet.... but odds are high it's the same/similar db as it is now.
    Yeah this would be pretty handy... Someone could make a messaging history backup app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    hmmm being a dba i could def give it a go when i get a hold of the sdk.. maybee i should play around with the Dr? messaging backup/restore would be sweet... i could also eventually program in if the database changes structure via version to change that as well.... but would have to be a homebrew app and a dev phone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    hmmm being a dba i could def give it a go when i get a hold of the sdk.. maybee i should play around with the Dr? messaging backup/restore would be sweet... i could also eventually program in if the database changes structure via version to change that as well.... but would have to be a homebrew app and a dev phone.
    Yeah I was thinking a script or application to convert the WebOS1 DB to WebOS2 so people don't loose their call logs & messaging history when they have to inevitably switch over.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Does this mean nobody knows this?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnubo View Post
    Does this mean nobody knows this?
    On a thread called Deleting All Palm Pre Contacts, it says the following:

As of webOS 2.x and above, there is no more PalmDatabase.db3 file in var/luna/data/dbdata/ directory, just do the ls command there and you'll find it aint there. In webOS 2 and above, this data is located in a batch of 5 files found in the /var/db/main/ directory:

indexes.db
    indexlds.db
    kinds.db
    objects.db
    sequences.db

They are db5 files now. I think the OS would repopulate them if they get deleted but to be on the safe side move them to your /media/internal directory first and reboot the phone, NOT a luna restart. Also prior to this, do remove ALL synergy accounts from the device in the accounts app for this purge may get wired. I dont think its possible to reasonably fiddle specifically the contact entries in those databases so it will be an all or none deal with the palm profile contacts, calendar, and memos.