Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Hello,

I'm working on a new game. It's pretty simple, but fairly exciting and competitive.

EDIT

Shake It! is now available in the app catalog.Thanks to everyone who helped test! Now go download it and have some fun
    Last edited by pomokey; 02/25/2011 at 04:02 AM.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    I would like to test.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Happy to test for you.
    Sign me up!
    GREAT APP! o, and I'm dominating the top scores!

I currently use it in silent, but heres some changes that could make it better:
    Changes for future:
    I would disable, or reduce the volume of the music for the menu. Like maybe have a options with music control, and then have it set to halfway, but let users increase it if they want..

Futre Future version: Have the option of no music, but still hear the countdown, and the ending.
    Future, Future,Future versions: you could allow custom music?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    GREAT APP! o, and I'm dominating the top scores!

I currently use it in silent, but heres some changes that could make it better:
    Changes for future:
    I would disable, or reduce the volume of the music for the menu. Like maybe have a options with music control, and then have it set to halfway, but let users increase it if they want..

Futre Future version: Have the option of no music, but still hear the countdown, and the ending.
    Future, Future,Future versions: you could allow custom music?
    All great ideas! I will definitely incorporate some form of control over the music and sounds before the final release version. Custom music might be a tad down the road -- although I'm not sure how many people want to listen to only 4 seconds of their favorite song each time they play, haha.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    Hello,

I'm working on a new game. It's pretty simple, but fairly exciting and competitive.

I am looking for a few people who would be willing to test it out and supply me with feedback. Feedback on all areas of the game are welcome - the game itself, the interface, music, color scheme, etc. I am especially interested to know if you have any issues, or note any bugs.

The whole game takes about 10 seconds to play, so you really have nothing to lose.

Anyone interested can reply here, send me a PM, shoot me a tweet @neathings, or send an email to .

edit:
    Whoa, those are some serious high scores I see you guys racking up!
    sign me up!
    10 is something what I have.. sign me in please :-)
    I shall sacrifice myself for science. Sign me up too.
    I have beta tested webOS games in the past....SIGN ME UP!

I am willing to die for my OS!
    Am interested. PM me if you're still doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Currently not working for me at all. After I hit play, screen goes black and nothing comes up.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Currently not working for me at all. After I hit play, screen goes black and nothing comes up.
    You're not the first person to mention this. This is why I need people to test it! Have you tried either going back, hitting play again, or restarting the app? If neither of these work, you could try to reinstall the app. I believe I have found the problem, but I need to do a bit more testing.

edit: turns out it has something to do with the music, and there's nothing I can do about it. webOS's implementation of the html5 audio tag is iffy, and doesn't always work. The best workaround I can think of is to default back to no music if there is an issue (so you can still play the game), and then alert the user to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, because that's the only fix that seems to work.

The other options would be to make a hybrid app, which is not an option for me at this point.
    Last edited by pomokey; 02/13/2011 at 01:35 PM.
    If you haven't closed the beta yet, I'd be happy to join too.
    Yesterday I tried it multiple times and it never worked. Had to do a phone restart this morning and it is working flawlessly now. Moved my way up the leaderboard also.

Noah
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Yesterday I tried it multiple times and it never worked. Had to do a phone restart this morning and it is working flawlessly now. Moved my way up the leaderboard also.

Noah
    I have pushed an update to the app (you can download it from the same link as before) that has a workaround for this issue. Instead of simply not working, the game should play, just without sound.

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far, and the beta testing is still open.
    pm'd you, willing to help out

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Im interested in beta testing.
    im interested as well.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I have identified a few issues. From now on I will update the first post with known issues.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast