Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Can we clarify what is what here, folks? Are there two separate leaks? People are saying it's fast and stable, but from the image I have, it's a slow, clunky, un-optimized mess.

Is there some miraculous version that's better than the other?

I was under the assumption there was a single Sprint Pre Doctor leaked.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Can you or someone else post a link to them confirming no updates for "legacy" phones?
    No prob.

From Engadget's Interview with Rubinstein following the "Think Beyond" event:
    The Engadget Interview: Jon Rubinstein and Steven McArthur talk webOS on PCs, 'Music Synergy,' competition, and more -- Engadget

Engadget: So the original devices... they're not getting an update?

Jon: No. But we're going to do something special for those people.

Palm rep: We want to support our existing customer base.

Jon: We'll do something. The older devices simply don't have the horsepower.
    And from the Palm Developer blog:
    Making the Transition to webOS 2.0 and Beyond | Palm Developer Center Blog

webOS 2.0 Availability

First off, the decision not to release webOS 2.0 for the Pre and Pixi was incredibly tough, knowing that we couldn’t deliver the latest and greatest to people that supported webOS from the very beginning. But, it was a decision that had to be made and we hope our plans for the next generation of webOS will provide the best platform for everyone moving forward.
    And the developer I was referring to here, if you choose to believe:
    http://funkatron.com/site/comments/t...vent/#comments

John Doe
    OK, I’m going to break my NDA, a secret promise, since Palm broke their highly-advertised promise.

I was on the webOS 2.1 beta on current devices, and things were coming along fine. There were a few bugs, as is normal for software development and they were being hammered out, but MY Pre plus was operating as a whole much more smoothly than it is now on 1.4.5. Suddenly and without warning, late last month the beta was pulled and we were told to doctor back to 1.4.5 and trash our old builds—never to speak of this again.

To lie to the public and say that it “cannot support webOS 2” is disingenuous at best and flat-out lying at its worst.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    probably more than one build floating around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Can we clarify what is what here, folks? Are there two separate leaks? People are saying it's fast and stable, but from the image I have, it's a slow, clunky, un-optimized mess.

Is there some miraculous version that's better than the other?

I was under the assumption there was a single Sprint Pre Doctor leaked.
    There is a 2.0.1 and a 2.1 Sprint doctor out there. Possibly a 2.0 as well. I have 2.0.1.

As for myself, at 600mhz, it's about par the course of native 1.4.5 for me. So if you think webOS in its native state is a slow, clunky, un-optimized mess...wait, doesn't everyone?

The launcher is much faster than 1.4.5 and less prone to hangups. Google calendar syncing not working was the worst thing for me, but I'm using Yahoo in the meanwhile, which is working fine. There are a couple of apps that don't work, namely (for me) Pronto Dial. The favorites addition in 2.0 however makes that okay. If you don't run anything memory intensive, it runs well enough. Running Koto player causes some sluggishness, but it's a media player, so it's to be expected. Games I haven't had any problems with, but I guess Palm's media api/indexer is still a crapshoot.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    what is the build number?
    The Sprint 2.0.1 doctor I have is build 337, from 12/07/10.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Build 337, 12/07/10. Clunky, I sayeth - Clunky! AS malpha pointed out, I am spoiled by 1.4.5 homebrew efforts and overclocking :P

Anyone with a build other than 337 in this thread?
    2.1 is officially out and Rod already has it on a sprint pre
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Build 337, 12/07/10. Clunky, I sayeth - Clunky! AS malpha pointed out, I am spoiled by 1.4.5 homebrew efforts and overclocking :P

Anyone with a build other than 337 in this thread?
    ? wait if 337 is 2.0.1 then how do i have exhibition voice dial and all the other goodies that apparently come with 2.1 and it runs pretty much like 1.4.5 if not a bit faster which is not clunky on my phone.

also google calendar works fine for me, and i have the bookmarks patch...no more major bugs that i see
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I think people who didn't use a custom kernel/ovcerlocking/compcache on 1.4.5 Pre- would most likely not be impatient on the speed of 2.0.1. It's definitely taking a lot of getting used to
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I am not sure but I believe distributing a modded version is illegal. It's not illegal to mod it.
    but it shouldn't be illegal to tell everyone how to mod 2.0 so that it'll work on our pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by mtv757 View Post
    but it shouldn't be illegal to tell everyone how to mod 2.0 so that it'll work on our pre-
    The inputs for such a process are illegally obtained.

Use WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals to do it legally.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The inputs for such a process are illegally obtained.

Use WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals to do it legally.

-- Rod
    I'm sure this has been asked before and I apologize, but is there any way to obtain the carrier specific apps? Also, are all radios working for respective carriers??
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234