Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    It is illegal, but from my version I can assure you its not unstable
    You really shouldn't say things like that unless you know all the facts. Which you don't. So....

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    there's a 2.0.1 doctor for sprint out there and maybe a 2.1 so why not just take that, do whatever you need to do to overclock with it, convert the patches, and be done. i heard there's some known issues with the 2.0.1. one though. it's in the release logs. But they didn't seem that big. Although i think voice dial is missing. not positive on that.
    Im on a sprint pre - and we have voice dialing.
    same here! I have 2.0.1 running on sprint pre minus. And runs great. Just had to mess with some settings on the phone and on govnah and it runs better that 1.4.5
    Last edited by djfu3l3r; 02/15/2011 at 07:46 PM.
    oh and preware works fine 2.0 patches work
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    same here! I have 2.1 running on sprint pre minus. And runs great. Just had to mess with some settings on the phone and on govnah and it runs better that 1.4.5
    2.1 or 2.0.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjm View Post
    just intalled 2.0 on my sprint pre need help installing preware and im having issues:/ help anyone
    I tried this doctor for a little while. Use the Preware Standalone Installer.
    sorry 2.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    2.1 or 2.0.1?
    Technically its 999.99
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    why don't you buy a pre 2 and put a com board from a pre- in it
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    thanks everyone i got preware installed the next is i want to mess with the kernal and make it run faster
    also i love 2.0 on my sprint pre it works like a charm ... yeah ... it freezes up a little but other then that smoother then 1.4.5

problems with email
    the virtual keyboard
    meh just small issues and
    Flash dosnt work compleatly but what do i care
    voice dialing dosnt work that wll either (maybe its my voice )
    who knows how to moddify kernals ?
    what does the source code for or do ?
    thanks everyone i got preware installed the next is i want to mess with the kernal and make it run faster
    also i love 2.0 on my sprint pre it works like a charm ... yeah ... it freezes up a little but other then that smoother then 1.4.5

problems with email
    the virtual keyboard
    meh just small issues and
    Flash dosnt work compleatly but what do i care
    voice dialing dosnt work that wll either (maybe its my voice )
    who knows how to moddify kernals ?
    what does the source code for or do ?
    how did you get 2.0 on your pre with sprint?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    How is the app catalog? I heard there were some problems with installing apps or apps not showing up or coming over? Is it true? Also, what about syncing with Gmail and Google Calendar? It's the only reason I haven't put 2.0.1 on mine. If those things are okay, I'm gonna go ahead and do it so I can download Koto Player.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have 2.0.1 on my sprint pre and I'm wondering if others are having the same minor issues that I am...
    -Can't add bookmarks
    -Can't buy paid apps in the catalog
    -Haven't been able to open a excel or word doc in quickoffice?
    -Made a new palm profile

Do others have these issues? and has anyone tried there original profile? and if so, what happens? Any work arounds you have found for the "issues"?

Other than those minor things, I love webos 2.0.1 Its definitly snappier than 1.4.5. I have had a couple freezes but overall, its great.

Ken
    Yep, I'm also unable to buy paid apps in the catalog, and a paid app is almost entirely the only reason I installed it. Is it just a 2.0.1 issue or for 2.0 as well?

ETA: Besides the paid apps issue and the bookmarks, it works fine to me. I'll see how I feel about it a week in or so. I used a new profile, so I can switch back, but I think I will keep it.
    Last edited by malpha; 02/17/2011 at 12:34 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    just intalled 2.0 on my sprint pre need help installing preware and im having issues:/ help anyone
    you should read before you do anything. google is your friend. other than that, we can't talk about it here. have fun! and whatever you do, do not turn your pre into sprint or as customer service. you will be WRONG!!!
    Last edited by jemojc; 02/17/2011 at 01:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    I have 2.0.1 on my sprint pre and I'm wondering if others are having the same minor issues that I am...
    -Can't buy paid apps in the catalog
    Ken
    Thanks for letting me know about this issue in particular. I really can't see myself upgrading unless this somehow resolves itself.

Arguably the biggest advantage of moving to 2.0 for me would be the ability to tap into that app catalog that those on 1.x won't be able to. If I still can't get those apps, what's the point?

Keep us posted!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Be patient and see if Palm makes this better by providing a cheap migration path to a new device.
    They will NEVER be able to make it right with those of us who have the free Pre+ Verizon MHS feature. It is free for life...as long as we don't change phones. From someone who upgrades his personal cell phone once every 7-10 years, this adds up to THOUSANDS of dollars in lost savings that HP certainly isn't going to cut me a check for!

Oh, and before somebody throws out the availability of tethering package X, it is immoral to rob from Verizon due to the business decisions of HP/Palm.....
    hi everybody
    i'm actually running 2.0.1 , Palm pre Plus, SFR, GSM, azery keyboard .
    A guy give me the webos doctor, but i have problems that dont exists on the previous 2.0 version i tried,and on 1.4.5

First of all, my battery life is really bad with it. But it should be the opposite isnt it?

And i meet screen problems, waking up and down... when it is waking up, it is not immediately done, but with a sort of lagging brightness..Same for sleep.

I flashed too times, and erase everything too, it doesnt resolve the problem.

A strange thing is that my previous webos doctor 2.0 is a 189mb file, and the 2.0.1, 386 Mb file.
    Could it be linked to the webosdoctor file....?
    What should i try to resolve these 2 problems, battery life that sucks and the brightness bug in 2.0.1
    i would like to keep it...

Thx for help
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!
    I would uninstall that and go back to stock and stay there until HP does what they are gonna do .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Here's what I fail to follow in this thread - if HP places software for download without controls it's free to pick up - that isn't illegal to obtain. What you do with it may be however.

Further - if the kernel is based on Linux and source for 2.0 on Pre2 is available and if source for 1.4.5 on Pre - and Pre Plus is available what is complicated about this? Can't someone fork a version of the kernel using the sources for both of these releases?

Obviously this "frankenKernel" would be experimental and there would be a significant testing hurdle to overcome.

I realize that creating a Kernel like this does not make the proprietary code contained in 2.x available for distribution legally. I'm just asking a theoretical question because some of the responses about not having the kernel source seem counter to open source requirements.

For example - if Palm/HP created and tested a Kernel for PrePlus - isn't that copyleft protected and essentially no longer theirs? Again I realize that this has zip to do with the overall package including their proprietary code.

Just wondering. See also my related thread asking about the specifics of the open source vs. closed source landscape on these phones.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast