Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lets say hypothetically in web os 2.x that there was something in a carrier specific tar ball that I wanted to install on my different carrier specific image. I've tried extracting said ipk and installing via internalz, which didn't work. I also tried extracting it and repacking it into the other tar ball, which didn't work. Is there something in a script somewhere that tells the install what to include from the tar ball or am I missing some other step? I'm not sure how much I can say and I don't want to get flamed. If someone can pm me, or at least tell me what I can talk about that'd be great. I know originally some guys were deconstructing the 2.x doctors and talking about adding verizon stuff to 2.0 on the pre2, but I'm not sure where the lines are drawn. Since I'm not one of the cool kids on here, I don't want to be berated.
    Thanks,
    jemo
    trying to get quick office?
  3.    #3  
    not exactly... it's something that's coming with one doctor's image but not on the others.
    Last edited by jemojc; 02/17/2011 at 03:59 PM.
    You need to install it on the command line with ipkg and no arguments other than the filename.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #5  
    ok, will try... I assume the woqi command line is sufficient?
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    ok, will try... I assume the woqi command line is sufficient?
    I would recommend novaterm from the Palm SDK for best results. WOQI command line doesn't handle multi-line responses well.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #7  
    got it thanks.
    Did it work?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Did it work?
    yes and no...
    I got the application/ipk installed perfectly fine. but it seems to be checking for carrier, because it keeps telling me i'm roaming, and won't allow signing in. if I can find a way around this I'd be in there like swim wear... lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    yes and no...
    I got the application/ipk installed perfectly fine. but it seems to be checking for carrier, because it keeps telling me i'm roaming, and won't allow signing in. if I can find a way around this I'd be in there like swim wear... lol.
    What are you trying to install? The VZW Doctor is not yet available, so anything you pulled out of the Doctor came from the GSM Doctor.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  11.    #11  
    sure... Lets say hypothetically, something pulled from one doctor is doing a carrier check... And since my modem and tokens are on a different network, it thinks I'm roaming... And won't allow the app to 'sign in' while roaming. Is there something I can do to trick it so I'm not 'roaming'? I was thinking of playing around with tokens, but I don't want to screw up my radio. Is there something I should be looking for in the code instead? Is this vague enough to be allowable, yet makes sense to anyone? I know I'm stradling the fence of allowableness... *wink*
    People might be able to help you better if you let us know what you're trying to install... lol
  13.    #13  
    @garrett92c - sent you a pm
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    What are you trying to install? The VZW Doctor is not yet available, so anything you pulled out of the Doctor came from the GSM Doctor.
    and I edited my post so it's non-specific, to keep in line with the hypotheticals. sorry about that.
    hahaha. I love this thread.
    +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #17  
    well maybe now that the verizon 2.0 doctor is out, I can be more specific. LOL!!! I just didn't want to violate any rules. Plus, I am quite skilled at "dancing".
  18.    #18  
    so the skype "app" (consisting of two ipk's) is running on non-verizon pre2. problem is it's not allowing logging in to the service or creation of a new profile. I was browsing through the code last night, and I was in way over my head. But, I did notice a few things.... (this skyped is a huge file).... it seems to be looking at where your connection is coming from, either by checking connection settings, or by watching your packets. There is definitely code referring to the roaming check (SkypeLib11CProperties16NO_ROAMING_CHECKE).
    Which is the error I got when trying to sign on not being on verizon's network. I am wondering if anyone could help me figure out if we just removed the roaming check, if we could get this working.
    this is the appearance of the error in the code:
    LOGIN_FAILED_NETWORK_ERROR_ROAMING

--interesting side note : it appears this does more than just calling, as I saw inclusion for IM'ing and chat. That is something that wasn't advertised as far as I can remember. *shrugs*
    Last edited by jemojc; 02/18/2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus that I installed these two ipks on. I think that the roaming check function must check your device type as well because I get the same LOGIN_FAILED_NETWORK_ERROR_ROAMING error message. I am definitely not roaming. I am using Verizon's data network with a properly activated device. This looks more difficult than I thought it would be.
    any progress on this?
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast