Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    nope... I have one more thing to check with tokens, but I haven't had time and somehow I feel its going to fail anyhow. I will let you know when I get a chance. The last option if all else fails is to edit the app... Which haha, I'm not really up to, and that may still fail... As there may be more unseen server side enforced gimping by good 'ol VZ. So ... I'm sorry but I hope that answers your question. You are more than welcome to experiment and post your results....
    I want to look into this as well. I tried real quick a few times, but not properly. I might try this coming weekend. We should definitely try to get this working. I don't want to bypass carriers or anything, I just want Skype on my phone. .
    It's skype mobile (which uses the cellular network), not skype voip (which uses a normal data connection of any kind).

Unless you're on Verizon, you won't be able to connect to the cellular gateway number.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's skype mobile (which uses the cellular network), not skype voip (which uses a normal data connection of any kind).

Unless you're on Verizon, you won't be able to connect to the cellular gateway number.

-- Rod
    Absolutely true. Great way for VZW to keep skype from sucking away voice minutes... I sure hope WOSI is cooking up a real skype client that every webOS user can use.

I'm looking forward to my next vzw bill to see how they capture and report my skype usage for domestic vs transatlantic calls. Originally the domestic calls were to count against voice minutes, but maybe competitive pressure from AT&T will change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Absolutely true. Great way for VZW to keep skype from sucking away voice minutes... I sure hope WOSI is cooking up a real skype client that every webOS user can use.
    Skype is a proprietary protocol.

Use real SIP VoIP instead if you want interoperability across devices. Linphone is in alpha testing.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12