Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1 for the PSX tag. Awesome, it looks really nice and useful.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Ha! No no, the other stuff is +9000, PSX just gets an extra +1. I actually have been sort of lamenting my news lately...browsing CNN is terrible and I was looking into some alternative news RSS feeds, so I'm hoping this'll help as well.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Very Nice! I like the sliding vertical scrollers. Tons of potential.

looks familiar though:
  4.    #25  
    Just for clarification.
    The published "gNews" that appeared today in the AppCatalog is NOT this gNews! app.
    I'm currently searching for another name. Very sad that this happened... Icon was designed and I planned to submit it this week to HP...
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Bought it after being impressed with the lite version. This is the most smooth scrolling app I've used on webOS. How'd you do it (I'm not a dev)? Also, any chance this app will ever get notifications support?
  6.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Bought it after being impressed with the lite version. This is the most smooth scrolling app I've used on webOS. How'd you do it (I'm not a dev)? Also, any chance this app will ever get notifications support?
    Thanks for buying!
    Nothing really special about the scrolling, just pre-rendering of the panels before display. So the device has nothing to-do, just scrolling :-)
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Hmm.. I like checking my custom searches first and currently there's alot of scrolling to get there when you first open the app. So can you implement a way to reorder all the topics? The custom topics can be reordered I noticed. If not that, maybe let the user pick which topic the app goes to at launch. I'm on a pre classic so closing and reopening apps is a way of life.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Definitely gonna look into this.
    This is a really nice app! Here are some suggestions:

* View last story option
    * view full article option
    * Share news to email, sms, twitter
    * Read it later feature
    * Dark theme option
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Can you set it to download/save/cache the stories when on the touchstone or at night or at a certain time of day? Millions of us NY don't have access to the internet while we commute via subways, trains, buses through concrete canyons, etc., yet this is the time most of us read the papers.
    just wondering if this is in the works as I do (or would like to do) 99% of my news reading on subways and/or subway platforms with no internet access.
  11.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    This is a really nice app! Here are some suggestions:

* View last story option
    * view full article option
    * Share news to email, sms, twitter
    * Read it later feature
    * Dark theme option
    Thanks for the suggestions, but 4 out of the 5 items above are already included in 1.0.0. Or did I misunderstood your post?

Only the View last story option is not included and I want to ask what you mean? When you re-open the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, but 4 out of the 5 items above are already included in 1.0.0. Or did I misunderstood your post?

Only the View last story option is not included and I want to ask what you mean? When you re-open the app?
    I'm referring to the exhibition scene. Also, I'd like to limit how far back in time the news should go. I'm seeing news from 3 days ago or more. It is kind of too long ago sometimes if you have already read it the day before.
  13.    #35  
    I'm referring to the exhibition scene. Also, I'd like to limit how far back in time the news should go. I'm seeing news from 3 days ago or more. It is kind of too long ago sometimes if you have already read it the day before.
    I think you're in the wrong thread than ;-)
    This here is about Headlines, and this has all the requested features you want, except Exhibition mode (yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread than ;-)
    This here is about Headlines, and this has all the requested features you want, except Exhibition mode (yet).
    I downloaded an app called gNews and has exhibition mode... I thought this thread was for gNews.
    I downloaded an app called gNews and has exhibition mode... I thought this thread was for gNews.
    Jump back in the thread a few posts and you'll see what happened with the name confusion.

Can't wait to download this on my Pre2! Looks wonderful.
    Any estimates when a tablet version of this will be available? Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12