1.    #1  
    I'm bumping this thread to spark interest in this effort now that the Enyo SDK is out for early access.

Some PreCentral members (myself included) have the ability to try this even though we'll be unable to disacuss any particulars for a few months while ENYO is under NDA. If you try it and get it to work, you're welcome to tell the world you did it right here in this thread, but PLEASE limit it to just that. No other comments, descriptions, or explanations of how you did it while the sdk is still in early access. We must remember to be careful and play by the rules!. THANKS!

Original Post:
    We did this with the WebOS 1.3.x and 1.4.x SDK's. The necessary GUI mods were difficult but not impossible back then. It never really looked quite right though. The effort stalled before anyone got sound and touch working.

TTB

P.S. I'm thinking of giving it go on my HP Slate 500 tablet ...... a dual boot tablet PC with Windows 7 and WebOS 3.x partitions could be fun .....
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 03/31/2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Bumping to spur interest.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    hi,
    I don't think the enyo sdk has been released still. I read it's reserved to early access developers for the moment.
    all you need do is register to get the sdk
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pipposanta View Post
    I haven't a paypal account..<<edited>>
    Paypal acct not necessarily required. There are requirements and you can find them at developer.palm.com

You won't find anybody to upload it for you. That breaks NDA and copyright laws.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/11/2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: edited quote
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Barry, thanks for handling that so well.

as Barry pointed out. It is against forum rules to request links or assistance to software protected by copyright or any other illegal activity.
  6.    #6  
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'd like to try and get involved in this as well. I have an HP Slate I actually won as a prize here at work and would like to use it for this project.
    some guy has got webos 3 running on pc
    I don't get the usefulness of this thread, other than teasing A LOT... ;-)
    I don't know, but I remember the guys at the NY webOS Dev conf referencing using Enyo and the Mail App as a effecient desktop mail client. I can see it being useful. Sorli...
    screenshots or it didn't happen
    At dev day they also mentioned that you can launch the 2.0 emulator in any size you want by running it from the command line and passing in a height and width as parameters ex.. "Palm-Emulator 800 600"
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vorber View Post
    Link Removed

already running on x86 pc
    Thanks vorber
    However, Please remove the link from you post or the mods here will need to do it for you.

I knew this would work.

For those of you who worked on the 1.4.5 webOS emulator to PC project, I suspect the same process we used to transfer the emulator image to a physical disk works with Enyo.

The video proves it. Only thing missing is the touchscreen interface.

I'll be putting the image on my HP Slate 500 tablet. I hope to get the touchscreen working.

\/\/0\/\/!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/02/2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Please remove that video, that is a direct violation of the NDA...

People never learn.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    <<thread cleansed>>

Please do not post links to items that violate an NDA. Thank you
    Wouldn't it be better to talk about this where you are allowed to talk about it?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Thanks vorber
    However, Please remove the link from you post or the mods here will need to do it for you.

I knew this would work.

For those of you who worked on the 1.4.5 webOS emulator to PC project, I suspect the same process we used to transfer the emulator image to a physical disk works with Enyo.

The video proves it. Only thing missing is the touchscreen interface.

I'll be putting the image on my HP Slate 500 tablet. I hope to get the touchscreen working.

\/\/0\/\/!
    I will soon be attempting this on my HP Slate 500 as well. I have early access to Enyo as well so I'm excited to at least attempt it myself. I'm looking forward to hearing how your attempts turn out.
    -ioxon | Why not create an Artificial Intelligent programming language?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ioxon View Post
    I will soon be attempting this on my HP Slate 500 as well. I have early access to Enyo as well so I'm excited to at least attempt it myself. I'm looking forward to hearing how your attempts turn out.
    Now I have an interesting proposition to consider. I broke down and purchased an ASUS EP121. and am selling my HP Slate 500. I have three cradles for it (had one for each of two cars and one for my desk) and three AC power adapters.

If I do keep the Slate 500 it will become the webOS 3 x86 test box, but to be honest, I'm leaning on selling it to reclaim cash before HP decides to discontinue it in favor of full support for the Touchpad and Opal devices.

If I do sell, I'll set up the webOS x86 on an external hdd for my EP121.

Will let you know when I myself know .....