Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. Jhines77's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have 2.0 running on my sprint pre because i couldn't wait any longer and now that hp basically flipped us the finger by not officially giving us 2.0, i'm glad i downloaded the beta version i found. But my question is: does anyone know how to run the pre at 800mhz or 1ghz with 2.0? I know uberkernel and the other's do not support the Pre running 2.0, so does anyone have a test kernel or know of a way to modify the stock kernel to let me overclock it past 600. 2.0 desperately needs it when i compare it to overclocked 1.4.5.
  2. #2  
    Hey, can I get that kernel??? Where is it, or can you post it for me (I have preware, so once I have the file I can install it)
    Many thanks!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by langley View Post
    Hey, can I get that kernel??? Where is it, or can you post it for me (I have preware, so once I have the file I can install it)
    Many thanks!
    There is no Pre 2.0 overclock kernal. There is only Zuul.
  4. Jhines77's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by langley View Post
    Hey, can I get that kernel??? Where is it, or can you post it for me (I have preware, so once I have the file I can install it)
    Many thanks!
    I was asking if anyone happened to be working on a 2.0 overclock kernel. I am running the stock 2.0 kernel but really want to overclock the pre. Since HP doesn't want to release 2.0 OTA and the website with a "path to 2.x" is months away if it comes at all, i doubt anyone is going to get any source code to create a custom kernel, but i was just hoping a developer had found a way to single out the kernel in the beta doctors and modify it to run at 800mhz.
  5. Jhines77's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
       #5  
    Is there any other way besides a kernel to enable overclocking? perhaps rooting the phone and changing some files? I assume it will take a long time to ever get a custom kernel for the original pre with 2.0 considering no official updates are coming atleast not OTA anytime soon
  6. #6  
    may want to take a peek at some of the original overclocking threads.... mmmmmm got me thinking about tinkering
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    may want to take a peek at some of the original overclocking threads.... mmmmmm got me thinking about tinkering
    We still need the kernal source code...
  8. #8  
    So do we have an answer to where we can get the 2.0 kernel for our original Pre?
  9. Jhines77's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel6381 View Post
    So do we have an answer to where we can get the 2.0 kernel for our original Pre?
    R u referring to the 2.0 WebOS doctor? From what I can explain, The kernel is the underlying code that runs behind webOS connecting the software to the hardware. If you are wanting to update your pre to 2.0, I can not post any links as to where I found the 2.0 webos doctor
  10. Jhines77's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
       #10  
    Palm has the source files for 2.0 listed here: Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

    Would these be the files that a dev would need to create a custom overclock kernel for a pre running 2.0?
    Last edited by Jhines77; 02/09/2011 at 10:20 PM.
  11. #11  
    I'm with this and will help where I can. I feel left in the dark with my old Sprint nonsense, most everyone can find the webos 2.0 doctor now. Anything I can do to help, just let me know.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhines77 View Post
    Palm has the source files for 2.0 listed here: Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

    Would these be the files that a dev would need to create a custom overclock kernel for a pre running 2.0?
    These are for 2.0 on the Pre 2, not for Pre/Pre+...

    Sorry, there's no way of doing a custom Pre 2.x kernel right now
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhines77 View Post
    Palm has the source files for 2.0 listed here: Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

    Would these be the files that a dev would need to create a custom overclock kernel for a pre running 2.0?
    Those are for the Pre2. YES, it MATTERS which source you use. If you put that on your phone, you will need to doctor it because you're not using a proper kernel for your processor.

    Also, YOU NEED TO REMOVE YOUR ILLEGALLY OBTAINED VERSION OF WEBOS
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Those are for the Pre2. YES, it MATTERS which source you use. If you put that on your phone, you will need to doctor it because you're not using a proper kernel for your processor.

    Also, YOU NEED TO REMOVE YOUR ILLEGALLY OBTAINED VERSION OF WEBOS
    So an android kernel would work fine right? That's what it soundw like you said...

    lol lol lol ltm ltm j/m with ya

    The white will show you the way



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Those are for the Pre2. YES, it MATTERS which source you use. If you put that on your phone, you will need to doctor it because you're not using a proper kernel for your processor.

    Also, YOU NEED TO REMOVE YOUR ILLEGALLY OBTAINED VERSION OF WEBOS
    I don't know why you think it's illegally obtained, because I got mine straight from HP. Nope, I didn't hack into their system either...straight from their ftp.

    So instead of "blocking" innovation, why not push forward and see if we can make old devices better. I mean seriously, upgrading posed one bad thing...lost everything that was on the phone...but if you make a disclaimer of that, people cannot complain. The problem I saw was that HP didn't do a disclaimer, in fact they just said that any music, etc would be fine still.
  16. #16  
    Agreed, sure some people got it illegally, but HP might/hopefully will send this out to all Pre users since we know it's not going OTA. In my eyes, they obviously don't care about the old hardware/software upgrades so they're probably going to give source out soon. Might as well get a jump on it.

    Just obtain the stuff legally and everyone can be happy. Although they're flooded with requests to the EAP.
    Sprint Love
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by btoddstock View Post
    I don't know why you think it's illegally obtained, because I got mine straight from HP. Nope, I didn't hack into their system either...straight from their ftp.

    So instead of "blocking" innovation, why not push forward and see if we can make old devices better. I mean seriously, upgrading posed one bad thing...lost everything that was on the phone...but if you make a disclaimer of that, people cannot complain. The problem I saw was that HP didn't do a disclaimer, in fact they just said that any music, etc would be fine still.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that when I post a response, the people after me and who respond after I do were the people I was responding to.

    If you'd read my post, I wasn't speaking to you or to anybody but the OP. The OP said they accessed "the beta version (they) found"

    Oh, and I'm not sure if you're an early access developer, but:

    1) If you are, you cannot speak about any of that stuff you spoke about
    2) If you are not, then it doesn't matter if you downloaded it from an HP server or if you walked into Palm HQ and pulled out a CD named "Super Secret webOS 2.5 for the Sprint Palm Pre" because if you use it and were not EXPLICITLY given permission to use it, then you're breaking numerous laws
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  18. #18  
    It is possible to get your Sprint Pre running 2.0 faster than 500MHz with no overclock kernel.(Nova-Barleywine, not sure that's the case with everybody running it here). All you have to do is install Govnah from Preware, and tweak it to run 600MHz (you can set it higher but Govnah will only apply it as 600MHz. Though not 1GHz, at least you lose the 100MHz Palm underclock.
  19. #19  
    what i was told is that since the 2.0 doctor is illegal on the Pres/Pluses, they dont want to be writing codes for illegal things since they already have Hp's respect.
  20. #20  
    Eh makes sense, can't really argue with it. By the way, don't try opening the webOS 2.0 virtual keyboard on your sprint pre. It's crashed mine every time I've opened it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions