1.    #1  
    I'm not asking anyone to do this for me, but I am asking for someone to help me along with this. I have a little bit of experience in coding, just simple stuff.

I've tried using Ares but I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing unfortunately. I do have a preliminary app, but I won't even bring that into the equation. I'd like to start from scratch.

It's not going to be a paid app but I do hope to get it in the official app catalog.

All that being said, it's a very simple app. Not much is needed to do but I would like to some help on making it a little better.

The app itself, it's a rulebook application. It's the rules for the sport Ultimate Frisbee. There is one for the iphone, not sure about android. So why isn't there one for WebOS yet?

Please let me know if this is something that is of interest to you, or if you're just a nice person and would like to help out.

I do not have much to offer.. I am a college student (hence the sport ) But I will try to pay you back for all the hard work in any way I could.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'm sure other developers will echo the same thought: wait for the Enyo framework to become official. No sense in learning the more complex Mojo framework which is just going to get phased out eventually anyway. I think if I had any recommendations it would be to develop your app as a mobile web app first and get all of the javascript and whatnot working with it. Then simply port it over when Enyo goes live.

- Phil -
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    ... I think if I had any recommendations it would be to develop your app as a mobile web app first and get all of the javascript and whatnot working with it. Then simply port it over when Enyo goes live.

- Phil -
    Agreed on the wait for Enyo - In the meantime, jQuery Mobile is a great cross-platform framework for this (mobile web app).
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
  4.    #4  
    Great, thanks guys. I'll wait until then.
    Sprint Love
    I'll echo that you should create a mobile website first. Just to get the layout and links together and organized. It'll make it much easier when you do port it to webOS, regardless of the framework used.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  6.    #6  
    Now that enyo has been available to dev's for a little while, is it possible to get some help with this app I'd like to build?

It's a relatively simple app, really it could just be a web app but I want it to be a little more than that.

If you'd like to help me, please respond to this thread or send me a PM. I'd love any help.
    Sprint Love
    I say just make it a Mojo app. its not that hard to learn and there is tons more documentation than Enyo. Plus the Mojo will be backwards compatible. Also the private forums are unsearchable which makes finding info a huge chore. Even more, no devices until summer will even run Enyo.

What exactly do you need help with? have you gotten a basic hello world app running?

I would start with that and for a proof of concept just replace the text in the hello world app with you instructions. Then later have it push a new scene with some more instructions when you tap anywhere on the page. That will give you the bare minimum for a working app. After that you just have to make it pretty!
  8.    #8  
    I've gotten the Hello World app running but I wasn't quite sure exactly what everything did. I was using Ares at the time to do this. I also tried to use some guides but I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing.
    Sprint Love