1.    #1  
    Ok so I have a little problem.

I plused my original sprint pre and wanted to use the spare phone as an ipod basicly.

During the reassembly the ribbon for the volume buttons broke. I was signed out of the phone and now its stuck at the palm profile screen. Plan was to meta-doctor it, but the phone is not recognized by webosdoctor out of bootloader mode which I cannot get to since the volume buttons dont work.

Does anyone have any ideas about either getting this phone into bootloader or getting windows7 or ubuntu to recognize the pre so I can run the doctor to bypass activation?
    Just the plastic button broke, or the underlying PCB as well?

If the PCB is good, a pen or screwdriver is your friend.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    nope, unfortunately pcb tore apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    nope, unfortunately pcb tore apart.
    Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

i dont know how old or reliable these instructions are.. im sure someone will chime in..
  5.    #5  
    That looks like exactly what I need.

Now if someone could explain to me how to install the 2 tar.bz files I need I would appreciae it. The files are downloaded, but not insalled. I ran the unpack from terminal, but after that I cant seem to install. I tried the ./configure command I believe. I am a command line noob, but would appreciate some help if someone can explain to me how to insall those files on ubuntu.
    im in rhe same boat as you im trying to get tokens but have broken screen plus broken volume
    my ribbon tore apart and is gone but your board is gone too?
    I took my button off, and use a paperclip method on the contacts.
    Has worked fine.
  8.    #8  
    hmmm, not a bad idea on bridginh the contacs on the pcb.

might try that if I cant figure out the whole ubuntu tag compressed file command line instal thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    my ribbon tore apart and is gone but your board is gone too?
    I took my button off, and use a paperclip method on the contacts.
    Has worked fine.
    yikes that sounds like a pita process while holding phone and dropping the battery in at the same time. **eeks**