Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    That's what the youtube video seemed like to me. You take your html5 app, put some hooks to webos stuff and boom, it now has webos UI. true? That would be fantastic. I have one html5 app that I could port pretty quickly. Only problem is I will have to convert the jquery stuff to prototype but I've been wanting to do that anyways.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mateo2 View Post
    That's what the youtube video seemed like to me. You take your html5 app, put some hooks to webos stuff and boom, it now has webos UI. true? That would be fantastic. I have one html5 app that I could port pretty quickly. Only problem is I will have to convert the jquery stuff to prototype but I've been wanting to do that anyways.
    webOS apps are already html apps. Also, you could simply ship jquery in your app, no need to port. The only thing you have to do is wrap it in some Mojo code (create a scene/assistant, scene would be your html app, assistant would do any special webOS stuff you want to add (add menus, etc).

Enyo is simply the next generation programming API to make apps work in multi-resolution devices.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Hopefully we will find out all about Enyo soon. Would 9th Feb be too much to hope for?

My impression is, that besides facilitating multi-resolution programming, it will also simplify and further abstract webOS API's and mean that the developer will have less detail to worry about with UI programming.
    i was wondering if i could just write an app in html5 in ares. because im not a real dev, lol. but for what i want to do - streaming a radio station - it would make it uber easy.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    from the video on the Palm Dev site, it looks like that should be pretty easy. you just have to have the link to the stream, it looks like, then bada boom, should be pretty easy to package.