Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I need some help with ares

    1. How do I add a Help Menu in ares?? ( i checked this out and i cant really understand the breakdown of whats being done)


    2. How do I add a viewMenu in ares??


    3. How Do i make a preference to allow landscape mode, with default landscape off??


    4. I have a webview app that i want to customize how the actual webpage looks...
      for example, in mobile precentral can i remove the bottom of the page with the links and where it says full site?



    5. If the last item cant be done, is there a good tutorial on using RSS feeds in Ares?
  2. #2  
    I'm just starting this programming thing myself. Some of your questions are the same as mine (webview). If I figure those out, I'll post back.

    A great place to check out code is in the sample apps Palm provides with the SDK. The 'UIWidgets' code has a boatload of examples in it and has a app menu example. I compiled it to load on my phone so i can look at the code and look at the app in real life. Helps me learn how it all works.

    You can get to this code in the SDK folder on your PC (if you haven't already seen it). You go to the following folder: Program Files/Palm/SDK/share/samplecode/samples/UIWidgets to find the UIWidget app code. Then go into app/assistants/menus to find the example menu code. There are app, command, help scene, sub and view menu examples in there. If you zip the whole UIWidgets folder, you can drag it into ares and look at it there too. Very helpful.

    Anyway, this may not help you with any of your questions cause it doesn't address ares much, but at least it will bump the thread for ya. Good luck on your coding.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I'm just starting this programming thing myself. Some of your questions are the same as mine (webview). If I figure those out, I'll post back.

    A great place to check out code is in the sample apps Palm provides with the SDK. The 'UIWidgets' code has a boatload of examples in it and has a app menu example. I compiled it to load on my phone so i can look at the code and look at the app in real life. Helps me learn how it all works.

    You can get to this code in the SDK folder on your PC (if you haven't already seen it). You go to the following folder: Program Files/Palm/SDK/share/samplecode/samples/UIWidgets to find the UIWidget app code. Then go into app/assistants/menus to find the example menu code. There are app, command, help scene, sub and view menu examples in there. If you zip the whole UIWidgets folder, you can drag it into ares and look at it there too. Very helpful.

    Anyway, this may not help you with any of your questions cause it doesn't address ares much, but at least it will bump the thread for ya. Good luck on your coding.
    Thanks!!.. Will look into it!!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #4  
    While I can't help with Ares, I'll take a shot a #1 by pointing you to: Part 4: Adding an Auto-generated Help Scene to see if that helps.

    Basically, open your appinfo.json and add a support and resources section. Then, in either your stage assistant or particular scene assistant, add the menu and a case statement to push the help scene:
    this.controller.pushAppSupportInfoScene();

    Hope that helps!
    Richard Neff

    My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

    My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    While I can't help with Ares, I'll take a shot a #1 by pointing you to: Part 4: Adding an Auto-generated Help Scene to see if that helps.

    Basically, open your appinfo.json and add a support and resources section. Then, in either your stage assistant or particular scene assistant, add the menu and a case statement to push the help scene:
    this.controller.pushAppSupportInfoScene();

    Hope that helps!
    Thanks rick.. I checked that out, but what's the diff between yours and mannymans?

    Thanks again

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. #6  
    His uses Ares, mine tries to be more generic. Plus, he uses the main scene assistant, whereas I use stage assistant.
    Richard Neff

    My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

    My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I need some help with ares

    [LIST=1][*]How do I add a Help Menu in ares?? ( i checked this out and i cant really understand the breakdown of whats being done)
    Where exactly are you getting lost? What kind of help menu do you want?

    You can make one that has the information from the appinfo.json file.
    Or
    You can make a new scene in Ares by hand and get to it by tapping Help in the App Menu.

    Either can then be accessed via the App Menu to get to that scene.

    We can go step by step if you want.
    Step 1
    A) open your appinfo.json file and see if it has all the info you want in your help scene. (Copy paste it here and compare it to my example if you want.)
    OR
    B) make a new scene and call it help.

    Let me know when you are ready for step 2.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  8. #8  
    PS. Some people with Pre 2's have mentioned that Auto-generated Help Scenes do not work...I since then updated all my apps to use Help scenes I had to create myself.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  9. BBooDad's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    #9  
    I'd be interested in seeing what you recommend, as it seems like the ways I am trying are clunky and not working.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing what you recommend, as it seems like the ways I am trying are clunky and not working.
    Ok, I've include some code from my Text Morpher app.

    I have a scene that includes an app-menu (drop-down menu from top left)


    The App Menu can take you to any other scene in the app including one called "Help".
    The scene called "Help" was created by the development environment (Ares/Mojo) for me by putting the information in the appinfo.json file. (This works once again in webOS 2.1.0.)

    Notice the sections in Bold in the code below. They should already exist in your main-assistant.jsjsjs $file$.

    Code:
    function MainAssistant(argFromPusher) {
    }
    
    MainAssistant.prototype = {
    	setup: function() {
    		Ares.setupSceneAssistant(this);
    
    this.controller.setupWidget(Mojo.Menu.appMenu, this.attributes = 
    {
    omitDefaultItems: true
    },
          this.model = {
             visible: true,
             items: [
                Mojo.Menu.editItem,
                { label: "Help",
                     command: 'do-help'
                },
                { label: "★☎♬♫♪♩♭♯♣♠♦♥◆◇◈",
                     command: 'do-symbols'
                },
                { label:"ⓣⓔⓧⓣ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔⓡ",
                     command: 'do-bubbler'
                },
                {            label: "Ŧεṫ ℉яεαкεя",
                command: 'do-freaker'
                }
                ]
          });
    	},
    	cleanup: function() {
    	
    	Ares.cleanupSceneAssistant(this);
    	},
    
    	   handleCommand: function(event) {
          if (event.type == Mojo.Event.command) {
             switch (event.command) {
             case 'do-help':
                this.controller.stageController.pushAppSupportInfoScene();
                break;
             
                case 'do-bubbler':
                this.controller.stageController.pushScene('bubbler');
                break;
                
                case 'do-freaker':
                this.controller.stageController.pushScene('freaker');
                break;
                
                case 'do-symbols':
                this.controller.stageController.pushScene('symbols');
                break;
             }
          }},
    Hope this helps,
    Manny
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя

Posting Permissions