1.    #1  
    Hiya,

I'm a new developer to WebOS. I am trying to create a pretty basic node.jsjsjs $server$ $to$ $connect$ $with$ $via$ $Socket$.$io$ $from$ $WebOS$. $I$ $have$ $the$ $server$ $up$ $and$ $running$ $no$ $difficulty$. $The$ $problem$ $comes$ $in$ $when$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $connect$ $to$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $WebOS$ $device$.

The node.jsjsjs $script$ $is$ $operating$ $using$ $Socket$.$io$ $to$ $handle$ $the$ $connections$. $I$ $run$ $the$ $commands$ $per$ $Socket$.$io$ $to$ $connect$ $to$ $the$ $server$:

(Socket is explicitly called in the head.)

Code:
                     var socket = new io.Socket('192.168.1.2', {port:4000});
                     socket.connect();
                     console.log('connecting...');
                     socket.on('connect', function() {
                     });
                     socket.on('message', function(message) {
                          var data = message.replace(/&/g,'&amp;').replace(/</g,'&    lt;').replace(/>/g,'&gt;');
                     });
    All I get on the app is a blank white screen. Once I comment out the socket.connect() it loads properly, but obviously doesn't connect.

Is there a problem using sockets like this on WebOS?

Oh, the socket absolutely DOES connect. I can receive data from it and see it in the logs, it just kills the UI for some reason.

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Thanks for your concern, Arthur. None of this is NDA, as it is all webOS 1.4.5 stuff. The node.jsjsjs $is$ $on$ $the$ $server$ $side$. $Socket$.$io$(.$js$) $is$ $a$ $client$ $side$ $javascript$ $that$ $aims$ $to$ $enable$ $realtime$ $apps$ $by$ $improving$ $connections$ $via$ $WebSockets$, $long$ $polling$, $etc$.

(It's also possible to install node.jsjsjs $on$ $1$.$4$.$5$, $so$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $if$ $that$ $is$ $hush$ $hush$ - $but$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $involved$ $in$ $any$ $early$ $access$ $program$.)
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Any response?
    Anyone figure this out?
    You should really ask this question at the official Palm developer forums. You have a much better chance of getting an answer there.