1.    #1  
    I'm new to webos but I want to start developing right away. i could use any tips from a good place to start to explination of it all. Please help.
    Here are a couple of places to start:

developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1834&Itemid=20

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/212655-getting-started-homebrew-apps-patches-themes.html
    to study html/css/jsjsjs, $use$ W3Schools Online Web Tutorials it's the fastest and best way to study.

if you need help, PM or email at
    support atthingy abesapps.com
    You could also visit my tutorials at: net-tech-group.com/pre/ after you create the 'Hello World!' app at Palm's development site.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    don't forget to read up on the prototype framework, and give ares a try.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Thanks. I' be been thinking about trying some development too. I appreciate the help.
  7.    #7  
    thank you for all of the info. i go to school for multimedia programming and have HTM/CSS experience but although everyone says thats needed no one has explained how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_RnB View Post
    thank you for all of the info. i go to school for multimedia programming and have HTM/CSS experience but although everyone says thats needed no one has explained how.
    Think of an app as a small web display. Just like on a regular web page, you use HTML to define the elements on the page. You use CSS to define the styling of those elements.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    The way we write programs is going to change very soon with the Enyo framework... "mojo" is still there and will continue to work, but what you learn here will change in the very near future.

webOS School it's free

and

WebOS Programming - Beyond 'Hello World'

has a bunch of great links at the bottom

first thing first...download and install the sdk and virtubox and get the emulator up and running... then just follow the webosschool link. thats what got me started!